Long Term Effects of "Exp Weekend"

Aiel

Alot of people are going to have an untrimmed Summoning cape now.

Raw materials will probably go down in price after that bonus weekend.

I dont think so, because nearly all raw materials will be used right after it. Not saying it won't crash, but maybe not as bad as you would think.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think so, because nearly all raw materials will be used right after it. Not saying it won't crash, but maybe not as bad as you would think.

Nah, the stuff that rose for the weekend will crash hard. And things that declined before the weekend (ie. Bandos items) will go back up since they were sold to buy, buy, buy before double experience weekend. That's a pro tip right there for anybody looking to profit during this. Once you're done flipping all of your raw materials, buy up the under priced items and flip them once they go back to normal to make even more money off of this hooplah. :twisted:

I'm personally hoping it bumps a lot of people into the next "level" category. For example, most people who have 88 summoning now will get bumped up to yaks. If this happens in many skills, then perhaps with the new number of people being higher level, Jagex will release updates for that class of players.

stfu u march 12th prod

Heh. Somehow I won't be surprised if that's the case. XD

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

I'm personally hoping it bumps a lot of people into the next "level" category. For example, most people who have 88 summoning now will get bumped up to yaks. If this happens in many skills, then perhaps with the new number of people being higher level, Jagex will release updates for that class of players.

stfu u march 12th prod

Heh. Somehow I won't be surprised if that's the case. XD

yeah I imagine, summoning+herblore will be severly devalued and combat xp to a lesser extent. (300k p/h at AZ's 1m per hour chinning)

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I find this an interesting topic to say the least. Short-term vs. Long term. Well, first of all, this game isn't a perfect realistic Economy. When people produce! items, they won't disapear at a faster rate then normal!

First a few things:

1) After the weekend, expect a lot of cheap high-alchemy items! Seeing a lot of things got produced, but wasn't taken the time for to dispose them from the economy (IE: High alchemy or trading in for shards). If you are alching, wait till after the weekend. If you have lots of junk.. wait a little and use them to buy shards. There will be an overflow of shards not used by people or left-over from trading in pouches.

2) Short-term, before the weekend (in the next few days), there will become a shortage of finished products. Lots of people are waiting to produce those, till .. well the weekend! (yes, this is the opposite effect to 1) Expect pots to come up a little bit in the next few days. Especially !! high end things. Super restores (3) are going to go up. Still used, yet produced less. Think of all the things that we use daily.. but just aren't produced in the same quantity now! This includes any pouch you don't make yourself. War tortoises (?) and Fire titans(?)!

3) You know... a lot of people get bored or change their mind in the weekends. Or just don't end up playing enough? Or just expected to be able to play more. Those raw materials are going to crash even harder then you'd expected them. Not only will they be required less, there will be leftovers! So this crash you were expecting. Expect it to go double. Both an overload of finished materials.. but also all leftovers! Yes, we get an economy-wide bubble. Not just a finished product bubble. (we love this..). Want to be safe? Get your hands on armour / weaponry that weekend. (which brings me to 4)

4) Everyone is going to invest heavily in skills. Some in slayer.. but most in skills. Where do they get this money from? Selling armour / weaponry! So if you want to invest and make sure your bank doesn't become worth less, I suggest you get into these categories. Economy-wide items are to drop.. people want to sell, get their money and get back to their old bank. Including weapons / armour. Tough they have less money and won't be able to buy it straight away. Expect barrows / whips / SS to go up big within the week. Expect zerker rings / archer rings (secondary required to fight) to go up heavily a few days later. People will get the most basic and important parts first (body / legs / helm) and the ring slots later.

5) Runes.. a whole different matter. I suggest you stock up on nature runes. They will rise due to the higher ''need'' to high alch after the weekend. Hm.. other runes. Well, don't expect to many people to hunt for boss monsters (Rex maging). Magic isn't exactly a skill people will be training due to double exp. From what I've read, little do people prioritize it this weekend. Astrals have a shot of rising a little bit. But for all other runes, demand will go down and most likely prices to. Either they remain the same.. or they might drop a little.

6) The aftershock effect! People lost money.. they received experience. Shame the bank is now worth less. Let us make up for that by hunting monsters! Every bit of gear that is required for this.. o it will be up. Armour ofcourse. Potions not so much (so many are made ofcourse).. but FOOOOOOOOOOOOD! Sharks will go up after the weekend. Rocktails will be up after the weekend. Cavefish aswell, as rocktails will most likely be sold out.

6 points.. 6 views. I got many more :P if there is enough demand.. I'll post some more :D

Good luck on that weekend!

.. ow, not sure if I'll even be able to play that weekend myself haha

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

I find this an interesting topic to say the least. Short-term vs. Long term. Well, first of all, this game isn't a perfect realistic Economy. When people produce! items, they won't disapear at a faster rate then normal!

First a few things:

1) After the weekend, expect a lot of cheap high-alchemy items! Seeing a lot of things got produced, but wasn't taken the time for to dispose them from the economy (IE: High alchemy or trading in for shards). If you are alching, wait till after the weekend. If you have lots of junk.. wait a little and use them to buy shards. There will be an overflow of shards not used by people or left-over from trading in pouches.

2) Short-term, before the weekend (in the next few days), there will become a shortage of finished products. Lots of people are waiting to produce those, till .. well the weekend! (yes, this is the opposite effect to 1) Expect pots to come up a little bit in the next few days. Especially !! high end things. Super restores (3) are going to go up. Still used, yet produced less. Think of all the things that we use daily.. but just aren't produced in the same quantity now! This includes any pouch you don't make yourself. War tortoises (?) and Fire titans(?)!

3) You know... a lot of people get bored or change their mind in the weekends. Or just don't end up playing enough? Or just expected to be able to play more. Those raw materials are going to crash even harder then you'd expected them. Not only will they be required less, there will be leftovers! So this crash you were expecting. Expect it to go double. Both an overload of finished materials.. but also all leftovers! Yes, we get an economy-wide bubble. Not just a finished product bubble. (we love this..). Want to be safe? Get your hands on armour / weaponry that weekend. (which brings me to 4)

4) Everyone is going to invest heavily in skills. Some in slayer.. but most in skills. Where do they get this money from? Selling armour / weaponry! So if you want to invest and make sure your bank doesn't become worth less, I suggest you get into these categories. Economy-wide items are to drop.. people want to sell, get their money and get back to their old bank. Including weapons / armour. Tough they have less money and won't be able to buy it straight away. Expect barrows / whips / SS to go up big within the week. Expect zerker rings / archer rings (secondary required to fight) to go up heavily a few days later. People will get the most basic and important parts first (body / legs / helm) and the ring slots later.

5) Runes.. a whole different matter. I suggest you stock up on nature runes. They will rise due to the higher ''need'' to high alch after the weekend. Hm.. other runes. Well, don't expect to many people to hunt for boss monsters (Rex maging). Magic isn't exactly a skill people will be training due to double exp. From what I've read, little do people prioritize it this weekend. Astrals have a shot of rising a little bit. But for all other runes, demand will go down and most likely prices to. Either they remain the same.. or they might drop a little.

6) The aftershock effect! People lost money.. they received experience. Shame the bank is now worth less. Let us make up for that by hunting monsters! Every bit of gear that is required for this.. o it will be up. Armour ofcourse. Potions not so much (so many are made ofcourse).. but FOOOOOOOOOOOOD! Sharks will go up after the weekend. Rocktails will be up after the weekend. Cavefish aswell, as rocktails will most likely be sold out.

6 points.. 6 views. I got many more :P if there is enough demand.. I'll post some more :D

Good luck on that weekend!

.. ow, not sure if I'll even be able to play that weekend myself haha

honestly I dont see why people are selling there armour, for 96 summ I went and mined my own granite, went DKs for talismens and killed a few 100 unicorns. It didnt take that long. I just need like 7.5m for shards, and that wont be hard to make off slayer in 2 weeks.

oh look:

100227154440.png

3m+/7.5m already

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Unless you buy your raw materials now this weekend thing does not make sense.

Think about it... Yeah, they get fast XP, but now that the entire RS community knows about it, raw materials will double making the XP / GP the same...

Meh. I've got several hundred M in herbs... Let the prices rise! Muahahahahaha! :P.

09144a99bb.png

I have to say, I thought this "double xp weekend" was a rumor or some kind of scam put up by some group or another, untill I saw the developer blog. This is something I never tought Jagex would do, especially with certain skills, like summoning in particular. Summoning has always been a skill that takes a long time to train, as charms cannot be bought. Even when giving bonuses, they preferred to give charm bonuses, not free xp, an example being the recent familiarization d&d. The triple charm drops made the skill a little more managable to train for lower levels, who cannot do the top end methods to gain charms, such as waterfiends and rock lobsters. Work is still needed to put in to get the reward, unlike with this update, where stored charms for, roughly quoting Aeil (I belive he is the one who said it), "nearly 88 becomes enough for 96." No effort is put into getting the charms for the difference, the charms currently stored become all you need. Jagex has been careful of balancing updates like this in the past, like brawler gloves, which were only available for certain skills, and took time to obtain. To me, this seems like it is a ploy to get more players to get membership, is it is only available to members. Once again, I have lost more respect for Jagex. That's my two cents.

And yes, I do plan to partake in this event, despite my position. It would be rather illogical not to, considering the time that can be saved.

Bandos to 10m ea please?

There is an extremely slim chance of that happening. If they reach 20m, which I don't see happening, they will be grabbed up extremely fast, as they are sure to rise to their current price soon after they fall.

Well aside from the monetary aspect, this will make a lot of 99 skills much more common. For example I plan on doing blackjack thieving for my 10 hours. At 2.7x the xp should be near 400k or so an hour, so I presume I could get at least 65-85 in my 10 hours. And just imagine the kiddies at 91, they could probably get 99 or close to it that day.

Unless you buy your raw materials now this weekend thing does not make sense.

Think about it... Yeah, they get fast XP, but now that the entire RS community knows about it, raw materials will double making the XP / GP the same...

Except you don't have to buy anything.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Sorry I am just finding out about this. Yeah I know little behind the times. Is there any where i can read official jagex info. Or if any other person knows the answers to the questions I have even better. But when does the 2.7 xp for 10 hours start. I mean is it from when I log on at a certain time in the day or how is this going to work. I Am just trying to figure out the materials I need. Since I want to max out the summon charms I have and the herbs I have been farming for the last while. I feel lucky I have been stock piling stuff. And not banging the herblore off as I get it. =D>

And as the economy goes. I guess it will shake it up for the people that buy everything. I tend to get a lot of my own stuff. So not to sure what to think.

And thanks for any info people can give me. :thumbsup:

Opthsis.png

Sorry I am just finding out about this. Yeah I know little behind the times. Is there any where i can read official jagex info. Or if any other person knows the answers to the questions I have even better. But when does the 2.7 xp for 10 hours start. I mean is it from when I log on at a certain time in the day or how is this going to work. I Am just trying to figure out the materials I need. Since I want to max out the summon charms I have and the herbs I have been farming for the last while. I feel lucky I have been stock piling stuff. And not banging the herblore off as I get it. =D>

And as the economy goes. I guess it will shake it up for the people that buy everything. I tend to get a lot of my own stuff. So not to sure what to think.

And thanks for any info people can give me. :thumbsup:

If you mean what time the event starts this is it:

Between the hours of 12:00PM GMT on Friday 12th March and 12:00PM GMT Monday 15th March (so, all of that Saturday and Sunday). These times are a rough estimate, but we will put a news post out as soon as the event starts.

I don't use GMT! Tell me what time this will be in my country.

Here's an idea of times in different areas:

EST - 07:00 AM Friday 12th to 07:00 AM Monday 15th

PST - 04:00 AM Friday 12th to 04:00 AM Monday 15th

Australia - 23:00 PM Friday 12th to 23:00 PM Monday 15th

CET 12:00 PM Friday 12th to 12:00 PM Monday 15th

Brazil (east) - 09:00 AM Friday 12th to 09:00 PM Monday 15th

If you mean when does it start for you, it starts when you log in to the game but doesn't keep going if you log out. It's 10 hours total game time.

This sounds like a half assed attempt to introduce a money sink because people have been complaining that the new skill is not.

Also sounds like an attempt to cash in on WoW's battleground weekends with increased rewards (I'm sure other MMOs beside WoW does it but I'm only familiar with WoW).

This really gets down to the morals of cheating versus the morals of being forced to throw away your life [1000's of hours] to access content you enjoy

Isn't life about throwing away your life (a job) to access content you enjoy?

This sounds like a half assed attempt to introduce a money sink because people have been complaining that the new skill is not.

Also sounds like an attempt to cash in on WoW's battleground weekends with increased rewards (I'm sure other MMOs beside WoW does it but I'm only familiar with WoW).

I doubt it because its not really a money sink...

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

Lol, I kind of thought of this as a really good money sink, too. People are going to mostly train Herblore, Summoning, and Construction, all of which are massive money sinks. Considering the majority of Runescape will be doing these activities, this might be a temporary solution to inflation (well, not really, but eh).

I know I'm spending a crap load on construction and summoning. Others are probably doing the same.

guido_49.png

Lol, I kind of thought of this as a really good money sink, too. People are going to mostly train Herblore, Summoning, and Construction, all of which are massive money sinks. Considering the majority of Runescape will be doing these activities, this might be a temporary solution to inflation (well, not really, but eh).

I know I'm spending a crap load on construction and summoning. Others are probably doing the same.

Yep, 20% approx. of my bank's going away on that day (Of my cash pile)

WarBlastoise.png

So, the choice is yours. Do you sacrifice your money now to gain a multiple advantage on your coin to boost yourself to new heights? Or do you take heavy advantage of the money flow and get more now, so that later if the market collapses under the weight of the influx, you will have more purchasing power then?

You may decide to gain the immediate training time advantage and hope your investment pays off, or fail and end up paying for your gambit later. On the other hand, if you take the long bet and decide to go for profit entirely, you could end up on top in the end. At the same time, you might find that your time was worth more to you than the gold.

Or hell, you can just ignore it all and remove yourself from the economic rush entirely with unrelated training. Then again, maybe you can combine that with the profit angle (avoid the drug you deal in, so to speak) and make some scratch on the side. That might not be as profitable as devoting your time to one goal, though.

This isn't a horrible event. People keep acting like every darn thing that happens to them will ruin the game. It'll take much more than that to throw off years of stubborn resistance to reality. Runescape plows ahead with nary a thought to the consequences. Won't get anywhere refusing to deal with it.

You've got a decision to make. What will it be?

8f14270694.jpg

So, the choice is yours. Do you sacrifice your money now to gain a multiple advantage on your coin to boost yourself to new heights? Or do you take heavy advantage of the money flow and get more now, so that later if the market collapses under the weight of the influx, you will have more purchasing power then?

You may decide to gain the immediate training time advantage and hope your investment pays off, or fail and end up paying for your gambit later. On the other hand, if you take the long bet and decide to go for profit entirely, you could end up on top in the end. At the same time, you might find that your time was worth more to you than the gold.

Or hell, you can just ignore it all and remove yourself from the economic rush entirely with unrelated training. Then again, maybe you can combine that with the profit angle (avoid the drug you deal in, so to speak) and make some scratch on the side. That might not be as profitable as devoting your time to one goal, though.

This isn't a horrible event. People keep acting like every darn thing that happens to them will ruin the game. It'll take much more than that to throw off years of stubborn resistance to reality. Runescape plows ahead with nary a thought to the consequences. Won't get anywhere refusing to deal with it.

You've got a decision to make. What will it be?

This may be my favorite post of the internet. lol

It sums up Runescape and us so well.

rssig2.png

This is not a money sink...well except for the shards for summoning and materials for cons...herblore is not a money sink...there is a difference between a personal money sinks and a true money sink...with herby you're giving the money to someone else...

Dark_Avorian.png