Skill Capes

Poopingman

1.) With your name, and untrimmed cape, I would make fun of you. For pete's sake, your have 63 PRAYER!

2.) I was untrimmed attack until 132. It looked cool. What i think is all that matters.

Make fun of me because of my stats? You just made yourself the poster child for the kind of player we are talking about. Well done!

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Typically, I get this:

Other person: Why don't you have any skillcapes?

Tvesh Szat: Because I have a life.

dont lie, you have 7 skillcapes worth of total exp

What dose having a 99 have to do with a life... with the exp runescape throws at people these day you can get a 99 in a week... besides what if they just like that skill... pulling the life card is just dumb.

Typically, I get this:

dont lie, you have 7 skillcapes worth of total exp

What dose having a 99 have to do with a life... with the exp runescape throws at people these day you can get a 99 in a week... besides what if they just like that skill... pulling the life card is just dumb.

i agree

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

Typically, I get this:

I'm sorry that you're awful at the game that you can't efficiently use your time - you don't need to play much at all to have skill capes.

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Belittled yet again for being a "non-trimmed" n00b at level 127. Let me repeat that, level 127; I've decided to finally vent on the entire concept of skill capes. I feel that the entire concept has made us forget what really matters and is enjoyable in the game. Everything is a race to level 99 and anything less is inferior. This is hallmarked by a lack of motivating content with most skills past the 80s. After that all there is to really look forward to is the cape, a proverbial trophy of wasted time. It almost feels like everyone is doing it to validate themselves toward other players. And when said players consist of as immature a fanbase as ever, featuring a "look at me!" attitude that is perfectly satiated by the entire concept of skill capes, you will constantly be judged by what they see on your back, and little else.

I'm fresh off of another belittling attack because my cape isn't trimmed. Since when is having a skill at 99 -something that was once a rarity in its own right- not enough? Since now. What a joke this has become.

I feel your pain. I was also 124 with untrimmed 99 attack, but now i have 99 mage and nearly 99 str and hp so its all good lol, but i agree skillcapes are judged too much these days. its not all about 99's

EDIT: i just read that your account is 9 years old with only 1 skillcape, not to be mean but that is quite bad compared to most people, although i do know where your coming from with the insults from other players n stuff

Mari0.png

Mari0.png

1.) With your name, and untrimmed cape, I would make fun of you. For pete's sake, your have 63 PRAYER!

2.) I was untrimmed attack until 132. It looked cool. What i think is all that matters.

Make fun of me because of my stats? You just made yourself the poster child for the kind of player we are talking about. Well done!

You are actually the poster child for being too lazy to get a skill cape. If others make fun of you, and you mind that much, you could always just get another one in a few weeks. And 63 prayer is really BS'y. I could get 1->70 in under 4 hours for [bleep]'s sake.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I've been playing for almost 8 years, and I don't have a skill cape, a few reasons are that I am not irked that much by people making fun of my cape, and that when I do get a 99, it will not be because I caved in to people saying "nice cape nub#@" it will be sheer interest in the cape, the skill, and the journey.

You are actually the poster child for being too lazy to get a skill cape. If others make fun of you, and you mind that much, you could always just get another one in a few weeks. And 63 prayer is really BS'y. I could get 1->70 in under 4 hours for [bleep]'s sake.

I CHOOSE not to aim for 99s only because that would be to give in to immature cretins like yourself. This game has gotten way too easy, rotten kids are just taking over even the highest levels. That is a rant for another day, however.

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

LOL. Since when have people been considered lazy because they are too busy to play computer games 6 hours a day? I guess that makes me REALLY "lazy" considering my prayer level is only 50. Then again I don't really mind because I know how to differentiate work from hobbies.

With that name you can't help but be a target for bullying in Runescape.

This account is 9 years old this month; with a legacy you can never hope to match. Sorry

You're either blind, or have poor comprehension. People do not see/care how many years you have been playing. What they do see is a immature name coupled with an untrimmed cape. You painted yourself as a target, whether you can see that or not.

Turn off your public chat, or learn to cope with it.

Now I would go on to sarcastically state how I could never live up to your godlike accomplishments, but sarcasm is wasted on the internet, and on trolls like you.

Prism_Swords.png

With that name you can't help but be a target for bullying in Runescape.

This account is 9 years old this month; with a legacy you can never hope to match. Sorry

You're either blind, or have poor comprehension. People do not see/care how many years you have been playing. What they do see is a immature name coupled with an untrimmed cape. You painted yourself as a target, whether you can see that or not.

Turn off your public chat, or learn to cope with it.

Now I would go on to sarcastically state how I could never live up to your godlike accomplishments, but sarcasm is wasted on the internet, and on trolls like you.

You're right, they don't care about things that actually matter, such as experience or wisdom. The number of 99s I have really is more important, especially in an environment where anybody can get a 99 in just a few weeks. The only barometer of skill is how many capes you have; if you are at 98 in a skill; tough! You are nothing until you've earned the cape. You're the troll, not me. Get out of my thread or I will continue to lambaste you :)

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Look at me, 1850+ ttl, almost 125 cbt and no skill cape :thumbsup: after ardy cape 3 nomad's cape and fire cape , skill capes are useless apart from looks at which the fire cape and quest cape are better imo

Opeious.pngopei.png

Barrows Drops:....................................................Dragon Drops:...............Other Drops:

Dharok: 2 Helms, 1 Top, 2 Legs, 4 Axes.......................2 Claws Split..................1 Bandos Tassets

Karil: 1 Coif, 1 Top, 2 Skirt, 2 Crossbows......................3 Plate legs...................4 Berserker Rings

Ahrim: 3 Hood, 2 Top, 3 Skirt, 1 Staff..........................2 Plate Skirts.................2 Warrior Rings

Verac: 1 Helm, 3 Tops, 2 Skirts, 1 Flail..........................1 Med........................1 Archer Ring

Guthan: 2 Helm, 5 Tops, 1 Skirt, 0 Spear.....................1 Shield Half.................1 Seers Ring

Torag: 2 Helms, 2 Tops, 5 Legs, 1 Hammer....................4 Hatchets..................1 Missed Divine Sigil (was at bank -,- fml)

I have a skill cape; got it a couple of days ago. It's my first one, it's a woodcutting cape (obviously <_< ), and I wear it all the time. It's a rare moment that one sees me without it.

You know why I wear it? I love the skill. Training woodcutting is therapeutic for me (however stupid that may sound); I find it enjoyable. Seeing myself in a cool looking (imo) cape is a pleasant reminder of all those hours I spent ignoring my problems in life by harming Gielinor with deforestation. <3:

I felt no obligation to get a 99. One should only get one out of enjoyment of the skill. Anyone who gets a cape so they can be cool is the noob, in my opinion. :-|

I have a skill cape; got it a couple of days ago. It's my first one, it's a woodcutting cape (obviously <_< ), and I wear it all the time. It's a rare moment that one sees me without it.

You know why I wear it? I love the skill. Training woodcutting is therapeutic for me (however stupid that may sound); I find it enjoyable. Seeing myself in a cool looking (imo) cape is a pleasant reminder of all those hours I spent ignoring my problems in life by harming Gielinor with deforestation. <3:

I felt no obligation to get a 99. One should only get one out of enjoyment of the skill. Anyone who gets a cape so they can be cool is the noob, in my opinion. :-|

Then most modern players are noobs. The overwhelming majority pushes for 99s to fit in, be respected, etc.

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

I'm sorry Poopingman, but don't you realise that half the in-game community is around the age of 12/13? They don't care if you enjoy the game the way you do, they just judge you by their own 'standards', unfair as they might be. It's stupid and and everything which comes with it, but do you really expect otherwise? I do agree on your statement that Skill capes have become a priority goal in RuneScape rather than the fun of leveling but that's just (as you pointed out) due to poor management over at Jagex. My advice would just be go continue to play how you like it best, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.

If I were in your situation:

Noob: OMFG UNTRIMMED SKILLCAPES, GET TRIMMED NAO

Me: Why should I?

Play the game the way you like it, not from others' point of view.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I have 5 skillcapes and I get called a noob for "Not having and 99's" because I choose to wear ava's accumulator (Phr33 st00f pl0x?) Skillcapes are just for show :/ It's idiots like this that cause me to permanently have public on friends ^^

@ the above post where Poopingman calls the other guy a "cretin" - Yes i agree that skills are easier these days but dont kid yourself, a 99 is STILL 13 million experience and takes time to get, so dont call us names for being better at the game than you are. Also, it doesnt matter how old you say your account is,its how much fun or accomplishments you get in/from the game.

Mari0.png

Mari0.png

To me, skillcapes are for stylish purposes. If it looks good with your outfit, wear it. I'm trying for 99 Summoning cape because I prefer it over my Slayer cape.

Yeah, happens to me pretty often if I'm skilling and decide to wear my untrimmed hp cape. I just get called soul wars noob, pest control noob, or any other insult, even by lvl 100s who only have fletching or cooking at 99. I just brush it off, because I know that my character is usually better than theirs overall. The funny thing is, higher levels or similar level players never comment on it, only the lower leveled ones. I'm gonna try to get up to 135 or 136 with untrimmed hp cape, just for the fun of it, and I like the look of it.

But really, just ignore them, they just can't realize that different people play for different reasons. Not everybody wants to get multiple 99s as quickly as possible.

Dude Untrimmed 99 HP cape is an accomplishment not a N00B thing the people telling you this must be morons =P.

I know what you mean im level 111 with a untrimmed str cape and I have no reason to get a trimmed my Fire Cape works just fine. I could have a 99 to trim my str cape easily in the time it took to complete Varrok 3, Recipe, Fight Caves, Seers 3, 80 Farming, and Soul Cape. Just don't see a point. Though I am looking to max out attack. Gotta love constant 30s XD. Just the other day I asked a guy who was boasting his fletch cape why he got it? He had no answer and I walked away with 2 capes (Soul, Fire) that are better and don't take 40 hours to get.

GF

Hehe, level 117 and still going strong with a saradomin cape :razz:

Although eventually I hope to get a skill cape because I think they look pretty awesome. I never judge people based on the cape they wear, but if some person decides to brag about his fletch/cook capes to me and others, then I would tell him to shut up and think about why he wasted 50 hours of playing time for a cape skill he doesn't even enjoy.

Staurolite.png

Hehe, level 117 and still going strong with a saradomin cape :razz:

Although eventually I hope to get a skill cape because I think they look pretty awesome. I never judge people based on the cape they wear, but if some person decides to brag about his fletch/cook capes to me and others, then I would tell him to shut up and think about why he wasted 50 hours of playing time for a cape skill he doesn't even enjoy.

Right On !!!

@ the above post where Poopingman calls the other guy a "cretin" - Yes i agree that skills are easier these days but dont kid yourself, a 99 is STILL 13 million experience and takes time to get, so dont call us names for being better at the game than you are. Also, it doesnt matter how old you say your account is,its how much fun or accomplishments you get in/from the game.

Do your history lessons. 13m Xp in RSC was much, MUCH more significant than it is now. Not just because it was earlier in time; there just were not nearly as many ways to train skills.

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Personally, I don't care about skill capes. I do want one, sort of (just because HP looks pro), but I'm not going to go out of my way to get it; I'll train the skill and enjoy it the whole way. Morons asking me why I don't have a skill cape are one of the reasons I always keep public off. You spent hours on a skill you despise, while I'm playing the game in a way I enjoy and leveling along the way. Gg. <3

[hide]sevestia.png[/hide]