02-Mar-2010 - Cheating and Exploits

Aidos Drakon

my friend thought he was all high and mighty because he made 700 mill and bought a red partyhat........now hes banned

Free.png

@Dragonseance #1 to 200m all.

www.twitter.com/dragonseance

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For there to be so few bans, Jagex must have been very tolerant in their definition of abuse. The banned accounts must have been really hard-core cheaters. My guess is that most (or all) of the perma bans probably were not legit accounts anyway. I'll bet that the listed "top ten" all got temporary bans.

punitivedsig.png

I wish I would have known about it, or I would have done it. There's nothing else to do in this game for me, I've basically quit, so why not do it. That's what I see the top players doing it for. Once you've basically milked the game for all that it's worth you might as well hit it with a bang and finish the game off. It's just the end game content a lot of those players were looking for, because they knew if they didn't they'd still be wasting there lives on the game.

I don't see the point in Jagex whipping out all these players and saying they are "banned" because I'm sure most of these guys were well aware of what they were doing and expected a ban. I wish my account was up on the front page like that. It would prove I've finally beat runescape, and can stop playing for once.

Stellactic.gif

Means that guy beat the 700? hour record that was stated on the web previously?

My friend tried to submit his to the Guiness World Records and said it was too much work because they had to personally see it for themselves to confirm it or have some other form of solid evidence, or something like that.

So that 700 person was the highest of the people who submitted their time to them and had it confirmed.

I wish I would have known about it, or I would have done it. There's nothing else to do in this game for me, I've basically quit, so why not do it. That's what I see the top players doing it for. Once you've basically milked the game for all that it's worth you might as well hit it with a bang and finish the game off. It's just the end game content a lot of those players were looking for, because they knew if they didn't they'd still be wasting there lives on the game.

I don't see the point in Jagex whipping out all these players and saying they are "banned" because I'm sure most of these guys were well aware of what they were doing and expected a ban. I wish my account was up on the front page like that. It would prove I've finally beat runescape, and can stop playing for once.

Or people could just leave and have the decency to let us all play without having it spoiled? Have the willpower to go away or manually lock your account.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I don't think these perm bans will be very short. My rl friend got a 1 year ban for macroing for 23 minutes (macro had a timer on it). So Jagex is pretty serious when it comes to banning.

I'm just happy jagex is starting to clean the scum from the pond.

First:

You don't "beat runescape" by abusing a bug.

Second:

There is this little x-button in the top right corner, you can click it to close Runescape. You should try it if you really think that you are wasting your life.

Three:

Alot of those who were banned will make new accounts and start again. (just like some of my maxed friends do, start all over again with a new account)

1000 days playtime is more commonly known as account sharing

prove me wrong

Runescape is out for 9 years.

Assuming you play 12 hours a day

365/2= 182 days a year

182*9= 1638

There, with 639 free days.

Means that guy beat the 700? hour record that was stated on the web previously?

My friend tried to submit his to the Guiness World Records and said it was too much work because they had to personally see it for themselves to confirm it or have some other form of solid evidence, or something like that.

So that 700 person was the highest of the people who submitted their time to them and had it confirmed.

It was over 700 days of ingame time. We were given the figure of 17,000 hours, not 700.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

1000 days playtime is more commonly known as account sharing

prove me wrong

Actually, if this guy went to work for 8 hours every day, and kept RS running while he worked his 10pm-6am graveyard shift entering data on a spreadsheet program, he could easily get that much "playtime" over many years. Then, I mean, if he got home from work and actually played for 2-3 hours, that'd add up pretty quickly.

But since this account got banned for cheating, I think its safe to say it was also a shared account or a gold farmer.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

But since this account got banned for cheating, I think its safe to say it was also a shared account or a gold farmer.

That's a pretty successful shared account / gold farmer... having logged 1k days without getting banned.

I wonder how many of these gems are floating in game....

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

He changed his name i believe (i think hes 3rd)

Jabawoki13.png

Jabawoki13.png

Achievement Diaries

Completed: Lumbridge, Falador, Seers, Varrock, Fremennik and Karamja

Finished Hard: Ardougne

Music Tracks - 703/704

Nomad killed at 114 combat Slayer drops: Black Mask x2 Clue scroll rewards: Guthix Platebody - 900k, Guthix F Helm 1mil, Bandos Kite - 2.3mil

He changed his name i believe (i think hes 3rd)

Yep Zarfot and Jdelacroix both changed their name around the same time (#3 and #5 on the highscore).

Sure looks like they both lost a gamble and had to change their name...

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

You abuse it you lose it.

I too was expecting much higher numbers, not only that, but why issue temporary bans? That I don't quite understand. Especially if they've made quite a bit of money from it - that money will still be there when they return.

Maybe to those who encountered the gltch accidentally, stopped, but never submitted a bug report.

WarBlastoise.png