Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

~~Newer Bank Of Runescape~~ **Updated again 05/15/09**

• Please log in to reply
4301 replies to this topic

Suzanne_Vega
[ Display Name History ]

Suzanne_Vega

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,182 posts
It is a great idea. That must be why it has been used before in other games.
Suzanne Vega
Posted Image
tokin rite wurx gud!

L0rdmichel
[ Display Name History ]

L0rdmichel

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 694 posts
holy thats a great idea dam you smart :P

tintmangbpack
[ Display Name History ]

tintmangbpack

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 791 posts
First off i would like to say i love this idea (See my first post on this)

Secondly, i have some concerns/suggestions.

Lets say you have had this bank for a while and you want to change one of your catergories, how would you move the items from page to page,

Ex. You have a crafting and rc page but you have decided the rc and magic go better together, now you have to move your items to a new category, and be unlocked. This is what i propose an easy one click method of clicking on the item then clicking on the catergory, you would get a option box that says,

Use tiara with Bank Page (Magic)

Cancel

with items that are locked this would work the same but you unlock them first. Then when you switch bank pages it would be the last item there. With depositing new items they would either go into the current page you are on or there would be some kind of default page called bin or something and all deposits would go there. Also if this was implemented you would start off with a bunch of blank page names and one called bin, in the bin would be all your existing items and also people who refuse to use the bank update could just keep all their stuff in there.

Another questin how much will each page hold right now i have no idea how much the total bank holds but it is a lot and most people dont fill it. I was thinking that either each page gets max value, or it would be divided and you could assign an amount to each catergory.

Locking items is an awesome idea, few questions is there an unlimited amount of items we can lock, can we unlock later?

Sorry to be nitpicky. These are just a few of my ideas. Just trying to help.

I love this idea :D :D :D
Posted Image
Your true character is what you are like when you believe there are no repercussions.

ChuninChoji
[ Display Name History ]

ChuninChoji

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 107 posts
its a perfect idea.. especially if u member..cuz its horrible when u can find something like a knife..and end up walking around just to buy 1

Webu
[ Display Name History ]

Webu

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 1 posts
This is a really good idea, i totally support it :) No more messy banks 8)

Thagern
[ Display Name History ]

Thagern

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 149 posts
Thanks for the feedback everyone, and thanks Tintmangbpack for your suggestions.

I have made a whole new bank page with new options to help keep the bank organised.

-BIN

-S-Lock

-Auto drop

-Space in slot

-Extra 2 slots

[img][img]http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/4379/bankpage67gj.jpg[/img][/img]

Please keep posting suggestions and feedback :D [/img]

tintmangbpack
[ Display Name History ]

tintmangbpack

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 791 posts
Thagern, this is a truly incredible idea. I would be outraged if Jagex didn't use this. You are a god among men. :D (jk) but i really love this idea.

I hope you get tons of support for this.

rsn-tintdawg, PM me
Posted Image
Your true character is what you are like when you believe there are no repercussions.

Thagern
[ Display Name History ]

Thagern

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 149 posts
Please give feedback to this new idea-

When an item is dragged onto the Auto Drop, a menu will come up which will give you the option to drop the item, or give away to the runescape charity (im full of wild ideas :)) it is abit wild, but... who knows. 8)

Please give feedback:

[img][img]http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/4341/bankpage77fa.jpg[/img][/img]

tintmangbpack
[ Display Name History ]

tintmangbpack

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 791 posts
yeah the charity could be like the chest at party pete's. Or some kind of chest in lumby for all the new players or annoying people who want free stuff. But the chest would only give you one random item.
Posted Image

abomb67
[ Display Name History ]

abomb67

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,161 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:abomb67
  • Clan:DGS
wonderful idea... send it off to Jagex.

abomb67
'scaper since 2001

Tip.it Crew 2003-2007
- Guides and Beastiary

Thagern
[ Display Name History ]

Thagern

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 149 posts
Keep the feedback coming

dragoncmd
[ Display Name History ]

dragoncmd

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 898 posts
great idea though it seems to be a copy of two other posts from a couple of months ago. grour pics make it alot easier to understand and you've worked out most of the problems. The main problem is monitoring bank size. how much space would you have per tab? also I think it looks a bit cluddered but its far better than the current system.
Pm me if you need anything proof-read, I may not be very good, but I am always willing to help.
A Seal Clubber is me!
A Oxygenarin is me!
6*9=42

Silentsurf
[ Display Name History ]

Silentsurf

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 139 posts
Wow man! That really cool! Just like Pokemon Fire Red or Leaf green boxes... except... If you had 40 spaces in each catergory... then you would have... 400 spaces!!!!!!!!! So that is a bit of a problem well, not really because we want bank spaces but Jagex would have to make it lower... 400 slots? Hard to believe

Totally awesome idea :idea: dude! :P :D :) :o :lol: 8) :? :shock: :wink:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Silentsurf
[ Display Name History ]

Silentsurf

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 139 posts
But I still can't figure out what these locks and S-locks mean. Can you explain again clearer? :?
Posted Image
Posted Image

Thagern
[ Display Name History ]

Thagern

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 149 posts
Lock: the lock feature is used to stop items moving all through your bank. If an item is locked, and you withdraw all of that item, the item will not dissapere from its place in the bank. EG, if you have 1 set of rune armour in your bank, and withdraw it, it will not move from where it is in the bank. and when that item is deposited into the bank again, it will be put back to where it was locked previously.

if an item is just locked it the item will be able to be moved through the bank, and into different slots.

S-Lock: If an item is S-Locked it will not be able to be moved from its spot at all. so it can not be dragged through the bank.

Concerning the bank space, if runescape keeps updating the way it has been, im sure we will need all the space we can get soon.

negativepink2005
[ Display Name History ]

negativepink2005

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 81 posts
can we say king of editing?????? very nice! *cough* gimme yo sharks! *cough*

nefhi
[ Display Name History ]

nefhi

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 49 posts
wonderful idea but 40 slots per is a bit to much, jagex would not like that.

I think it would be better to get like 250 bank slots, and that u can choose how much bank space u want to assign to one type.

Example lets say i have all kind of seeds, i got like 30 seeds and also all different herbs i would easily get over 40 ( wich jagex would think would be to much) so i say i give 50 to my farming and herblore and only 30 to fishing cooking.

that would be easier to use and still less restriction on some skills

just an idea

And another time, i love your idea :D

booster140
[ Display Name History ]

booster140

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 79 posts

omg..i think i love you..SEND TO JAGEX NOW

yea sweet man that would really make some order in the chaos of your bank :D and really you should show this to jagex
Posted Image

tintmangbpack
[ Display Name History ]

tintmangbpack

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 791 posts
This is what i think how Jagex could update this. If Carpentry comes out before the end of the year (I know its a stretch but go with me). There would be tons of new items just like when farming come out so they would be forced to increase bank size already. Ideally they could update the bank in this update because it is going to be a huge update, with POH's (maybe) and carpentry it self is going to contain a lot, or it should with all the time they are taking. But if Jagex accepts this idea i hope they would put it in soon. Because this is one of the best ideas i have seen.
Posted Image

Thagern
[ Display Name History ]

Thagern

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 149 posts
nefhi- that is a real good idea, i will try to edit the pictures (once again) to show that. Thanks for your imput :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users