Shattered Heart Discussion

killmenub

Yep, got all the stones for the fourth rebuild within 3 hours (not counting the construction ones, otherwise I can add another 2 hours...) and that was with switching between each stone, so it really helps. :P

Still, I want to at least free the poor mage... That's the only reward I want.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Regarding where and how to obtain the various stones, then i recall to have read (i can't remember where though !) that people should try to get them in places where they would be found "naturally" - ie. while fishing with a net or a lobster pot or behind a low wall (agility) or while doing some farming or mining some ore - i think we can all agree that there is absolutely nothing wrong with any of them - one could actually be lucky enough to find a stone in one of those places.

Well, that makes perfectly sense to me and i went a long with that until sat down and thought the rest of the "concept" through and this is where it all goes so WRONG !

Let me give you a few examples:

1. You cook a nice little fish and you were looking forward to a nice dinner when all of a sudden the fish turn into a stone ! (you look in the cookbook once more to ensure yourself that you DID follow the recipe !)

2. You happily stringing a few bows when all of sudden one of them turns into a stone !

By now i think you all get the picture.

What is it that i'm trying to say (a "few" of you might ask...) - well, i think that Jagex has really shot themselves in the foot (or is it feet ?), because how will they justify that only some actions will yield a stone ?

Why can't i get a stone while cooking a potato or while crafting tiaras ? :wall:

They can hardly use the argument that it is not natural, because having a fish turn into a stone while you cook it is not natural either ! :shame:

The bottom line is that i think players should be able to obtain the stones while doing any of the actions that is possible under the various skill.

What does the rest of you think ?

Yeah, I was a bit miffed about a yew long turning into a rock. I was intending to high alch it. >_<; (I did have an empty spot open. It filled and the second one came along before I could stop cutting and store the one I'd gotten.)

You guys really gonna complain about losing 437gp in favor of several thousand exp?

Seriously if you're really that cheap just turn the rocks off at varrock museum.

Dude, I'm already at level 80 Fletching, which is good enough for me right now. I only bothered to get that high because of Seers' diary, tbh. Also how do you think I level up my magic? (Hint: Not combat.) If I had any idea I'd get both rocks in less than one inventory load, I'd've left two spots open. And I don't want to turn off the rocks. I have other skills I actually need/want the xp in. And I actually lost more money than that since I make my own nats/get them as drops.

Which reminds me. I really should hurry up and finish getting enough ess collected/mined to start on my next rcing spree. Both for the sake of getting those rocks and to build my supply back up/gain xp.

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

People really need to start switching skills to get rocks faster...

It's been stated that it yeild rocks faster.

So from now on, more switching and less whinning okay?

What do you mean "Switching Skills"?

Do you mean switching to another skill after getting each single rock?

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

^ Say you if go Hunting, where rocks take a while to come, after the first rock your chance to get the second drops by 50% (i think..). If you went fishing (where rocks are terribly easy to comeby), you'll get your first rock at the 50% reduced chance rate, sending the rock % chance back to normal for your second hunter rock.

asrhasrh.jpg

^ Say you if go Hunting, where rocks take a while to come, after the first rock your chance to get the second drops by 50% (i think..). If you went fishing (where rocks are terribly easy to comeby), you'll get your first rock at the 50% reduced chance rate, sending the rock % chance back to normal for your second hunter rock.

hmmm. I believed that it was so that after finishing this hunter rock, (or any other rock) the chance of getting the second one is halved. Getting a rock from another skill resets this to 100%. But I think that the fishing rock you say now, would still be 100%. It's not every second rock that is 50%. Just the second one in one given skill, if you try to take both in a row.

Scherzo.png

^ Yeh that sounds right. I messed up slightly!

Credits to Smellysocks for getting this off the maxed forums.

The probability switches (either up or down) when you receive a strange rock.

Hope that answers your question :-)

Edit: Hmm... rereading again and again, it doesn't make that much sense, perhaps an example will help:

You go fishing... your probability of getting a rock is 1 in x. You gain a rock from fishing, your probability of gaining a second rock from fishing is 1 in 2x.

However, your probability of gaining a rock in... say.. herblore is still 1 in x. If you gain that rock in herblore, your probability of getting a second rock from herblore is 1 in 2x, but your probability of getting your second fishing rock is back to 1 in x.

Hopefully THAT will make more sense....

Mod Maz

Queen of the Squirrels

asrhasrh.jpg

Aha I see. I'm not sure if I actually want to work around that though.

Good to know for the harder to earn rocks though.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

I suppose it depends on whether you want in that skill or not. I quite like taking my time getting the hunter stones, because it's making me train hunter for once!! (Got my first level in about a year last week).

asrhasrh.jpg

Thanx Aurian and Atestarosa, that's what I meant by switching skills. It's especially effective for skills like construction where the first rock takes less than 5 minutes and the 2nd can take as long as 2 hours. With this method you get both rocks under 10 minutes total.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

What is the best way to get the construction stones? Since they don't show up when you are in building mode.

The only way I know of is to watch the ground by your exit portal when you aren't in building mode. They will appear one at a time and show as a red dot on the map.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

What is the best way to get the construction stones? Since they don't show up when you are in building mode.

The only way I know of is to watch the ground by your exit portal when you aren't in building mode. They will appear one at a time and show as a red dot on the map.

Thanks for the help!

Lethal_Sjaak.png

Thanks for the help!

Yeah theres no method invovled.

Just go to your house and do something near the portal, be it alching, standing, tab making

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Since my house is in Yanille, which is reasonably close to a bank, I always get my cooking rocks in my own house while waiting for the construction ones to spawn. By the time I get both cooking rocks, I usually have at least 1 construction rock. After that I'll stay in the house and play with my pets.

I suppose it depends on whether you want in that skill or not. I quite like taking my time getting the hunter stones, because it's making me train hunter for once!! (Got my first level in about a year last week).

Yeah me too, I don't care if it takes forever to get the hunter rocks. I wasn't motivated at all to train hunter before this update. I'm glad I have a reason to train skills like hunter, runecraft, and agility now.

edit: I only plan on doing the 1 rock at a time trick on my 99 skills.

tate is a noob

theistsRdim.png

• 9 months later...

I know this shouldn't be possible but can you get a strange rock for one catergory while doing another one? Reason I ask is b/c I already had both agility rocks and as I was going around the agility pyramid I said that I got a strange rock, And I had a farming one which I haven't worked on farming since I put my last piece on the statue in the museum. It was in the bag that you can put the rocks in.

hounddog1983m.png

That must be a glitch; so I'd report it if I was you.

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!