POLL: What is your opinion on the recent Hitpoints/Constitution update?

Cowman_133

First thing I thought when I read the new update was: RuneScape now has a constitution? I personally coulnd't think of a worse name to give it. Also the fact that they stated that 'zero's are only makes matter worse for me. Not that i'm a die-hard combat player, but I just think it's all really unnessecary to make changes like this only to have 3/4 of the players complaining about it.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First thing I thought when I read the new update was: RuneScape now has a constitution? I personally coulnd't think of a worse name to give it. Also the fact that they stated that 'zero's are only makes matter worse for me. Not that i'm a die-hard combat player, but I just think it's all really unnessecary to make changes like this only to have 3/4 of the players complaining about it.

Agreed with the name. I think something like "Stamina" or "Endurance" would have been a bit better, but then again that might have gotten confused with run energy which is why they probably settled on Constitution over those names which I'm sure they considered.

It doesn't really affect me too much since I'm not much of a combat goer, but I'm sure it has changed the landscape of combat much more than any previous update they've made.

1. Constitution - does that even make sense to anyone without using a dictionary? Or is it just a rip off other MMO's?

2. Jagex sounded like babies with "zeroes are boring".

I'm just sayin'. :P

1. Constitution was used in Dungeons and Dragons long before MMOs existed.

2. That was more likely than not just the least important factor for this update, thus the only one they want to talk about now. The new precision greatly affects combat already, and the separation between Life Points and skills allows Jagex to finally make it an effective counter to increasingly high damage, as well as more combat special effects.

The update doesn't really bother me, took like 10 minutes to get used to multiplying by 10. I also see a lot of potential in the skill if Jagex do what they say by adding new potions and armour's to enhance the constitution skill.

Low_C.png

Personally I can't understand what all the whining is about as it doesn't really affect anything atm. It took me all of 10 secs (if that) to get used to it.

I do wonder though if this change has been made because of the upcoming new skill?