Sign in to follow this  
0ne_time

Carpentry: Your opinion

its still going to be interesting how they make it a skill, but im guessing itll be most like fletching, but u never know

the question isnt if, but when. i just wonder how its gonna be implemented

wait, if the questions when, then why u wanna know how?

the question isnt if, but when. i just wonder how its gonna be implemented

wait, if the questions when, then why u wanna know how?

he might know it's going to come out(or so he thinks), but he might also wonder how it will work and how they will impliment it.

mercedesmanipulationn1cj8.png

~Joined RS December 2001

~Retired Mid-2007

if they do come out with the capemtry, which i hope they do soon, they willl have to take quests like dragon slayer and put minimum carpentry for things like fixing the boat. I bet it is little things like this and the whole houses thing that have kept the carpentry skill from coming out when they hoped it too.

meh, i think it might be somethin nice, but chances are just another thing like throne of miscelania where its really cool at first, then is just.... boring....

plzstayokrf4.png

sodb4jz.jpg

Sodb Forum

siggiedxc2.png

Stop thinking. It's Runescape.

sorry if this has already been brought up but im not too keen on reading the middle 2 pages.. i remember the old house kinda set up in the east of fally.. im not sure if it's still there as i havent been bothered to have a look.. but they were rumoured to be the start of where the capentry was going to be.. maybe if people keep their eye out just for little random huts that come with updates it might be an indication.. but what would i know.. im only a noobie :wink:

What could u make with carpentry to earn you money... :?

What do u think the makeable items for carpentry would be?

sorry if this has already been brought up but im not too keen on reading the middle 2 pages.. i remember the old house kinda set up in the east of fally.. im not sure if it's still there as i havent been bothered to have a look.. but they were rumoured to be the start of where the capentry was going to be.. maybe if people keep their eye out just for little random huts that come with updates it might be an indication.. but what would i know.. im only a noobie :wink:

I remember those houses, but they took them out a while agop. And yes, they were rumored to be the houses for carpentry and pohs.

mercedesmanipulationn1cj8.png

~Joined RS December 2001

~Retired Mid-2007

i believe carpentry will be useless... i mean, what are you gonna make? a chair? if u can make a chair from carpentry, rs ppl have to add new items such as table and chair, and i bet they are too lazy to do that...

As long as I can alch it, then I'll make whatever they implement.

...Especially with the lack of sit ability.

underbannerim0.png

Feel free to use this sig as yours if you like the comic. :D

They could sort out the space problem by having a space where you type in the name of the person's house that you want to see. But there might be a limit on how many houses you could see at one time, in case they overlap.

I think capentry is useless

What can u do out of it ?

Make a chair for u to sit ? Or build ur very little own table for eating ?

if they do come out with the capemtry, which i hope they do soon, they willl have to take quests like dragon slayer and put minimum carpentry for things like fixing the boat. I bet it is little things like this and the whole houses thing that have kept the carpentry skill from coming out when they hoped it too.

Carpentry will probably be a members only skill, so don't count on extra requirments for Dragon Slayer or any F2P quest

Ajaxiscool.gif

Ajaxiscool.gif

Ajaxiscool.gif

Back in RS!

Yes, I do reckon Carpentry will come out in... January NEXT year??? But Part of fletching is basic Carpentry (Making arrow shafts and Bows) So this may be "Carpentry". But if They release a new skill, I think that should go as "Carpentry" or have some reqirement in Carpentry...

Well considering how poorly Farming has been recieved do you really think Carpentry (and even POH's) would be recieved any better?

Jagex are really beginning to loose sight of their "mission statement". They have already prooved that their "Customer Service" is very lacking, and even rude and abusive at times. Now for a game, that is really centred around combat, how can something like carpentry add to that?

All the other skills are there to support the combat element of the game.

The Slayer Skill was a great example of this, in making a reson for assisting combat.

The other skills, such as mining and smithing - to make armour and weapons; woodcutting and fletching - bows and arrows; crafting - armour and (magic) jewlery; fishing, cooking (and even firemaking) - food to heal; runecrafting - to make the runes for magic; Thieving and Agility do not really add much to combat, but do at times help you to get to hard to reach places. Farming to a lesser extent helps with food, but REALLY? how can carpentry help? I just think it would be a waste of time and effort, and how can it really improve the game in any way? Jagex would be much better off to spend their time in extending the world, creating new quests, extend our current skill lists, and maybe even come up with something more powerful that dragon for us all :-)

I think it could happen...but then the skill "painting" should come too....

And somehow I don't see that happen :roll:

honestly, people who are calling carpentry crap, in my opinion, are fools. its not even out yet! people were calling farming crap. sure, it takes a while, but crap? definately not. i mean, when you have 50 ranar seeds, and u can get 5-9(?) per seed, that is alot of cash or herblore xp.

as for carpentry, it aint even out yet. so dont call it crap. geez. i think it'd be good. Perhaps you could make poles, and, using smithing, attach metal heads, and voila, you have yourself a rune spear! and perhaps chairs could increase run energy fast. i mean, after a while, i kinda got sick of just standing in one spot getting fish, and occasionally having to move. of just standing there, clicking 1 monster and waiting for it to die. gets repetitive and boring after a while. with carpentry, who knows, people might actually have fun

I want it to come out, i just like leveling up. Hope fully it comes outwhen im not in America, knowing my luck i will

I don't think theres any need for a carpentry skill at all. In the very best it'd be another farming, and although I like the farming skill, one is definately enough. If they do decide to release player owned houses there is no need for a skill to govern them. There are already enough other skills that various tasks could require you to have anyways.

Some thoughts:

What if your house could have little workshops and storage rooms?

Build a cabinet out of 30 magic logs and you get access to the main bank.

Build a dresser to store all your useless clothes in (frog stuff, mogre flippers and hat, phats, chompy hat, santas, etc.).

Build a cabinet that gives you an extra 12 bank slots.

Build a bed for you and your bf/gf to make new chars in...err...wait...inappropriate in rs, too many kiddies :P

Build a boat so you don't have to pay the 30gp to get to/from Karamja, or so you can sneak onto Entrana with weapons/armour.

Build a party room off the side of your house with your own fishing pond.

Build a workshop with your own furnace, anvil, toolkit (to store tools so as to save main bank space), range 9for cooking),

Build a yard with your own farming plots.

Build your own Ectofuntus with the ACME home Ectofuntus kit.

Build your own agility arena and/or thieving arena.

ok, ok, getting a little carried away here, but only to illustrate the possibilities of carpentry.

Suzanne Vega

grammar2gr8dx.png

tokin rite wurx gud!

as long as carpantry is made to be as complicated as cooking it will be good. cooking is jagex's real success skill in my opinion.

as for what carpantry is used for i hope you can make chairs so you can finally sit down :wink:

a few facts

runescape: an adventure role playing game (multiplayer via internet)

carpentry: Making your own furniture

.. yes, furniture, where is my fair share of exciting action in that?

Make an evil chair lvl 78?

We kinda said the same to farming.. true. Farming would get boring, but secondairy items required for herbloring are going sky high.. 50k for yew roots..

Farming is usefull

but i can't see the use. Unless they add Fatigue, i see no use in my brand new sofa..

To bad, I started playing runescape when they removed the carpentry from the stats, but yes it is true. But Jagex realized that there was to many comment about this skill. So they stopped development.

I realy think they would do the same this time, and as a big 'SRY GUYS' they will add something big and shiny instead

As for my opinion. Think about what you are doing, before promising things.

PS: was there a poll, at which Jagex asked what players think about the skill?

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg