Runescape forums.

Delita125

What I find funny is that when someone says he`ll quit, he will be the one ranting on the next update.

But yeah the forums are kinda good, except rants forum, which is a pit of doom. Only about 5% of the threads there are well made and thought out, but then again, they will be subjected to spamming and trolling.

And from my observation a number of the trolls there are Tip.Iters. Does that make this forum worse?

Let's face it, there's an internet cesspool rants board there vs elitist forumers here.

On the topic at hand...I, and a number of my colleagues in the former Order of the Holy Hand Grenade. (OOTHHG) Have had this piece of wisdom tucked away in the ten plus years we've been together...Runescape Official Forums are a breeding ground for leetspeak, immaturity and flaming. The reason the mods never do anything about it is because, they are part of the same, immature cliche. (In my personal opinion)

I agree that they get massively out of hand oftentimes, many times due to six year old flamers who tend to try and get the "Look at me!!! I'm *censored*!!!!"

(Note I intentionally inserted the censor)

On the other hand, they aren't a TOTAL failure, I have had some positives in my slogging through the sea of chatspeak...Unfortunately I remember none of them...

Happy debating!

--Wachiru

--Wachiru

Below is me, when I am after flamers, haters, and various other noobly professions...

aFu_Ak47CatAni.gif

On the topic at hand...I, and a number of my colleagues in the former Order of the Holy Hand Grenade. (OOTHHG) Have had this piece of wisdom tucked away in the ten plus years we've been together...Runescape Official Forums are a breeding ground for leetspeak, immaturity and flaming. The reason the mods never do anything about it is because, they are part of the same, immature cliche. (In my personal opinion)

I agree that they get massively out of hand oftentimes, many times due to six year old flamers who tend to try and get the "Look at me!!! I'm *censored*!!!!"

On the other hand, they aren't a TOTAL failure, I have had some positives in my slogging through the sea of chatspeak...Unfortunately I remember none of them...

Happy debating!

--Wachiru

Not all of them, Nas and Xenor are some of my faves for eg.

La Vallett1

A.k.a. "Nostalgic Vallett"

What's been said must be done.

Happy debating!

--Wachiru

Have you ever been to the Rate this! section of this forum by any chance?

leetspeak, immaturity and flaming.

2 of my favorite things! ;)

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

Rants forum is fun

You make all these friends

You can post 10 threads of song lyrics and not get locked

You can rant about 40 year old welfare nerds who obsess over my pixels

You can troll jmods

etc.

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

Rants forum is fun

You can troll jmods

etc.

lol, thats because song lyrics are more relevant then 99% of the [cabbage] in there.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Rants forum is fun

You can troll jmods

etc.

And for some reason the term 'troll' offends you. Ladies and Gentlemen, exhibit A as to why Tip.It is worse than the RSOF. Because Tip.Iters are the ones making it worse.

Better to Let all trolls be in one place, rather than let them spread all over the forums board.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

Rants forum is fun

You can troll jmods

etc.

i like you mck

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

Jagex re-created the "Rants" forum with the express purpose of containing all the "garbage" in it. They replaced the old "rants" with "Forum Feedback," which while it still has a lot of irrelevant garbage, the quality is slightly higher.

Overall, I think Recent Updates and Future Updates are the only sections of the RSOF worth anything. The marketplace forums are a tool of corruption used by the manipulation clans; most of the offers in it are fake, intended to get suckers to believe that X item is being panic bought/sold for X arbitrary "street price" that the manipulators decide on.

td2sig.jpg

The Rants Forum Is Like The Spam Capital In The RSOF. It Was Taken Away Once Because People Just Made Spam Threads There But Then The Spam Spread Out Into Other Forums So They Out It Back To Keep The Spaming Out Of Other Forums. They Dont Moderate It Because Spamming Is So Constant There That You Would Spend Hours Loking All The Threads.

200812192143.jpg

Proud To Have Once Owned An Untrimmed Agility Cape

Yes because all you do is go to a nerdy video game fansite to claim other users as mythical beings, whom are never spoken of irl because it is a nerdy phrase, just because their sarcasm angers you and you have the sense of humor of a doorknob. Some people need lives.

peace,

Mck

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

I can't spend too much time on the RSOF without leaving in rage.

It's like seeing the kids of that Westboro Baptist Church. You know it's not their fault, because they are kids and they don't know what they're talking about, but you still want to slap the [cabbage] out of them for saying it.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

After the ancient curses update I made a legit thread on the rants forum about how i thought turmoil was overpowered. Then the noobs came.

I will never go to the rants forum again, lol.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

• 4 weeks later...

People on this forum who think the RSOF is so bad should take a look around at some of what goes on here routinely before throwing stones.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

People on this forum who think the RSOF is so bad should take a look around at some of what goes on here routinely before throwing stones.

Amen. Every forums has its bad seeds.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

RSOF is filled with;

1:nerds who think their opinion matters,

2:trolls,

3:12 year olds,

4:snobby 'high levels' who think their all that, and

5:normal players.(who rarely if ever post.)

The irony...

I think people should, use proper ingrish, and at the very least, THINK before they post.

Thank you

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?