Cheating... Or is it...?

1230abcz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io_ZjEaAuZ0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io_ZjEaAuZ0

Basically, you can have your mouse "hold" the 5 key (with mouse keys on), and all you have to do is move your mouse up and down to where you want to click. I'd say it's... Unfair... To say the least, not in that the average person can't get a hold of the mouse, but in that it makes gaming extremely easy. This dude is basically getting herb exp rates faster than making the most expensive potion... For a profit.

guido_49.png

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So somebody is clever enough to explore the possibilities of your computer/os?

And you call that "cheating"...... With such an attitude progress wouldn't exist at all lol.

I would rather learn from him and start adjust your system too. (just like I bought a touch screen some years ago since it helps too, +it's easy when sketching designs)

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

And you call that "cheating"...... With such an attitude progress wouldn't exist at all lol.

I would rather learn from him and start adjust your system too. (just like I bought a touch screen some years ago since it helps too, +it's easy when sketching designs)

You obviously didn't read my comment then. I said it makes gaming too easy. There's a difference between progress and straight up being handed levels. It's kind of like the difference between a Godsword and a Giga Godsword that does 5x more damage. Sure, it's progress, but at what price to the gaming experience?

guido_49.png

This has been around for quite a while. many players use it, jagex can detect it, and they don't ban you for it.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

You obviously didn't read my comment then. I said it makes gaming too easy. There's a difference between progress and straight up being handed levels. It's kind of like the difference between a Godsword and a Giga Godsword that does 5x more damage. Sure, it's progress, but at what price to the gaming experience?

Uhm, I don't think the game should revolve around "click levels" - clicking with the mouse shouldn't be the thing that determines the difficulty in a skill, other factors (unique to each skill) should be the main difficulty drives behind the difficulty in the game.

Are you also complaining about the cook-x, fletch-x, do-x options? Or well, the double xp weekend? Those things are basically the same!

Then they came for me

This has been around for quite a while. many players use it, jagex can detect it, and they don't ban you for it.

Well, they're getting multiple "clicks" from a single mouse, which I'm pretty sure is labeled and being against the rules. In either case, I doubt it's hard to segregate players that clean herbs normally and players that clean herbs 9000x faster...

Edit @ Pulli: Your opinion is wrong, btw. It's not the same thing because one isn't vastly overpowered. Think about it this way. "Double" EXP weekend is like a Vesta Longsword. Despite being completely rape, it decays overtime. Using this mouse is kind of like combining a Vesta Long with a Godsword. Doesn't decay, and it still bones everything that currently exists in the game sideways.

Another edit @ Pulli: Also, Runescape is entirely click-based. There's nothing in this game that doesn't involve clicking and/or fast clicking. This mouse allows you to click at 9000x normal human speed, which, I'd say, it's pretty god damn OP.

guido_49.png

I think something similar to this happened before, where you could use the keyboard as a mouse to do things faster (my memory on the subject is very vague), a good few years back and Jagex frowned upon it and treated it as macroing, I can imagine that this would fall under the same sort of thing.

Well, they're getting multiple "clicks" from a single mouse, which I'm pretty sure is labeled and being against the rules. In either case, I doubt it's hard to segregate players that clean herbs normally and players that clean herbs 9000x faster...

Edit @ Pulli: Your opinion is wrong, btw. It's not the same thing because one isn't vastly overpowered. Think about it this way. "Double" EXP weekend is like a Vesta Longsword. Despite being completely rape, it decays overtime. Using this mouse is kind of like combining a Vesta Long with a Godsword. Doesn't decay, and it still bones everything that currently exists in the game sideways.

Another edit @ Pulli: Also, Runescape is entirely click-based. There's nothing in this game that doesn't involve clicking and/or fast clicking. This mouse allows you to click at 9000x normal human speed, which, I'd say, it's pretty god damn OP.

9001*

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

Looking at the video I would definitely call it cheating. It is an unfair advantage over other users in the game. Regular mouse keys can be done by anybody so and does not offer as much advantage, but what he has done gives such a large advantage that it is unbalanced and unfair to other players who do not have x type of mouse.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Basically, if you are not manually clicking (which you are still doing with mouse keys) it is considered against the rules I think. As he is not doing the clicking, i cannot see any way that this would not be considered cheating.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

I just ordered one of these. Kinda mad it won't arrive before double xp weekend.

If you did this for all ten hours you could get 5.5m experience, 58m profit and pretty easy.

EDIT: The above is for HERBLORE

if you're gonna be making a profit for massive herblore xp, you're probably better off training something else for bonus week anyways

example: you could spend 10 hours training herblore to get 5.5 mil herblore xp + 58 mil profit during bonus week

then burn magic logs for 17 hours for 5.1 mil firemaking xp and -22 mil gp after bonus week

OR

you can spend 10 hours training firemaking with magic logs for 5.1 mil firemaking xp and -13 mil gp during bonus week

then clean herbs for 17 hours for 5.5m herblore xp and 98.6 mil profit after bonus week

learn2opportunitycost

anywhoo 18k herbs/hour? I was under the impression that herbs cleaning was capped at 6k herbs/hour

if "18k herbs/hour" is possible, it means that there fundamentally isnt a cap on herbs cleaned per hour, and the only true limit is a players own precision with the mouse, and their mousespeed

in which case much more than 18k herbs/hour could be possible

that or the cap really still is, 6k herbs/hour

secondly, 9k clicks per second? isnt that bad for jagex servers?

Naaxi.png

proof that it is against the rules, as in a j mod post, or there is nothing to discuss. Its no where in the rules that you can't use a certain mouse. The mouse is also only 40 bucks.

I have a faster comp, that gives me an unfair advantage? Ye. Same logic danz. Having a better mouse doesn't make the game unfair.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Edit @ Pulli: Your opinion is wrong, btw

AH, I notice we're at runescape again! :D Great arguments everywhere!

Then they came for me

Hot keys are legal so these must be legal

E: lol, this is the exact same thing as what zarfot uses (and it is legal), except with a mouse. Totally legal

So I can write a quick script that will click 28 positions in the inventory for me and assign it to the F1 key? Its legal because im pressing F1 right? While im at it, I might aswell make a script that pressed deposit all and withdraw 28 herbs for the F2 key, thats legal too right because im pressing F2?

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

Hot keys are legal so these must be legal

E: lol, this is the exact same thing as what zarfot uses (and it is legal), except with a mouse. Totally legal

So I can write a quick script that will click 28 positions in the inventory for me and assign it to the F1 key? Its legal because im pressing F1 right? While im at it, I might aswell make a script that pressed deposit all and withdraw 28 herbs for the F2 key, thats legal too right because im pressing F2?

Exactly. Mouse keys which is think zarfot uses need you to press them for every mouse click you wish to make, meaning you are manually clicking. What is done in the video is not manual clicking, the clicking is done automatically which is against the rules. It took us ages to get clear rules on mouse keys, so it will take us a while to get clear rules for this, but It is obviously cheating. Those that cannot see that just want to use it for their own gain, or something similar.

zqXeV.jpg