Starcraft 2

The Observer

I finally got a beta key (pre-order one, so no friend invite), and I was placed way higher than I expected. o.O

I think it has to do with the amount of Protoss opponents I've encountered though. I play 2v2 and most of the time if they have a toss player, the game's over pretty quickly - it feels like Protoss is kind of underwhelming right now...

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really looking forward to the release of SC2 for macs. Most of my excitement comes from the fun and joy that the first game brought me growing up. It was so much fun, I how this new installment will live up to the first. I still can't believe that you never played the original SC Nadril.. I just can't.

Why? I've never exactly shown myself as an RTS fan after all.

It really is just one of those games I would have expected everyone, around our age, to have played despite its genre.

I've never heard of it.. no joke.. I just looked it up, and it still doesn't look ro seem familar? I'm sure I didn't live under a hole either, I had AoE and Duke Nukem, Commander Keen, Civilisation and heaps of classic games back in the day.

rosssigfinal.jpg

I'm really looking forward to the release of SC2 for macs. Most of my excitement comes from the fun and joy that the first game brought me growing up. It was so much fun, I how this new installment will live up to the first. I still can't believe that you never played the original SC Nadril.. I just can't.

Why? I've never exactly shown myself as an RTS fan after all.

It really is just one of those games I would have expected everyone, around our age, to have played despite its genre.

I've never heard of it.. no joke.. I just looked it up, and it still doesn't look ro seem familar? I'm sure I didn't live under a hole either, I had AoE and Duke Nukem, Commander Keen, Civilisation and heaps of classic games back in the day.

No offense, thats like saying you don't know who MJ is for basketball. If you play games you should have at least heard of starcraft.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Starcraft two has officially been giving a July 27th release date.

I can't wait! :thumbsup: I honestly thought it would be released a lot later than that.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

Can someone tell me real quick what the appeal of this game is over AoE (the only rts I ever played)? I might pick it up if it has a lot of replay value.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Can someone tell me real quick what the appeal of this game is over AoE (the only rts I ever played)? I might pick it up if it has a lot of replay value.

It's hard to compare the two as they are so different, so I can't say what the appeal of this game is over AoE. But it's very fast paced and complex strategy which is more oriented towards multiplayer. I definitely recommend giving it a try. It may be annoying getting rushed in the beginning, but once you got the hang of it, you'll do fine.

• 3 weeks later...

Who here is going to watch the finals of the HDH invitational on Sunday? I'll try to watch it, would be fun considering the players in the finals (I won't spoil it to anyone who hasn't watched the rest of the tournament).

I am just going to catch it on youtube, I was disappointed when the person I am betting on lost in the semi. :mellow:

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Me and my mate are playing as Protoss/Random (I'm random). We've found this sick tactic for when I spawn zerg, where he gets no more than 20 probes, and 1 base, I expand super fast at least 4 or 5 times. He gets 8 stargates and masses void rays. I keep sending him tons of minerals and gas, when he caps out at 200 supply, he goes in. We are usually about 10 minutes into the game at this stage. Invincible.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

So tempted to preorder this except the only place that does it with the beta key is Game, and they don't do the collectors edition :<

Toss up between SC2 or HoN, I can't choose! :<

EDIT: Looks like more retailers have been added, although on all the descriptions, it doesn't say anything about the beta invite. =/

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

2 Signatures | 6 Photographs | 1 Other

Me and my mate are playing as Protoss/Random (I'm random). We've found this sick tactic for when I spawn zerg, where he gets no more than 20 probes, and 1 base, I expand super fast at least 4 or 5 times. He gets 8 stargates and masses void rays. I keep sending him tons of minerals and gas, when he caps out at 200 supply, he goes in. We are usually about 10 minutes into the game at this stage. Invincible.

That sounds like an extremely terrible tactic. Do your opponent's not harass your expansions at all? Also, a timed supported Marine push would simply tear your team mate down if neither of you are investing in early defense (timed meaning it hits before the first Stargate is complete).

I've kind of lost a little bit of interest for SC2, but I'm sure it'll spike up again once the actual game comes out, does anyone feel the same?

I've kind of lost a little bit of interest for SC2, but I'm sure it'll spike up again once the actual game comes out, does anyone feel the same?

Yeah definately, it's because I've sort of found other games and I can't be bothered when like, it would all be wiped in a week.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

Yeah definately, it's because I've sort of found other games and I can't be bothered when like, it would all be wiped in a week.

My thoughts exactly. And I somehow feel that I would like achievements and match history to be permanent and such :P

• 4 weeks later...

I'm bumping this because the beta will be back sometime soon and Starcraft 2 deserves to be on page 1 forever.

Does anyone want to make a little team with me? I finished something like rank 20 diamond when the beta went down, I'm not fantastic but my mechanics are good enough for me to come up with new strategies and I need people to discuss them with other than my IRL friend who doesn't know what an overseer is.

hiccup.png

I'm bumping this because the beta will be back sometime soon and Starcraft 2 deserves to be on page 1 forever.

Does anyone want to make a little team with me? I finished something like rank 20 diamond when the beta went down, I'm not fantastic but my mechanics are good enough for me to come up with new strategies and I need people to discuss them with other than my IRL friend who doesn't know what an overseer is.

TEAM!

Haha, I would when I get back into the flow of the game. I didn't play Beta and Im just waiting for the launch.

I havent played in SC in soooo long, cant wait.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

So, Beta Phase 2 should be back on shortly. When it's back, add me and we can have a game. Pretty confident the release of Sc2 will halt my RS time dramatically.

Hope to see you all online soon.

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

I am excited for SC2 coming out, all except for the whole regional-only multiplayer. So much for playing it with my friends in Korea / Vietnam / the UK.

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

Patch came out a couple of hours ago and the Beta is finally back for phase to as of a couple of minutes ago :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I just got back from work so I'm still dl'ing the patch, but I'll be gaming until 4am probably. I'll edit this post with my tag, so you guys can add me asap :thumbup:

[hide=my inappropriate name]Account name: GagReflex ||||| characternumber: 266[/hide]

edit2: b.net is being stressed tested to the limits haha, I waited 5 minutes for it to find me a game before I quit. Also, don't bother reading my real life name, the account belongs to a friend of a friend

hiccup.png