Old school pixel sigs [HD]

misterxman

So the trend these days is to turn everything old into "High Definition" so I figured I'd have fun by taking one of my old sigs and remaking it in Paint while still keeping the original concept.

Original signature (2005):

misterxmandragonslayero.png

New signature (2010):

misterxmandragonslayerh.png

All done in MSpaint, with only the text added through Gimp. This was fun to do. As I find time I'll choose some more old pixel sigs to turn them into "new" pixel sigs, or I may just make a completely new sig depending on what I feel like drawing :P

Something else is coming up too.

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this post in the corner of my eye on the front page and logged in just to comment how awesome that is.

That is quite awesome. :D

(Especially since I haven't seen any new pixels from you in a while. :))

DEGqA.pngQtYSR.pngHY2Ll.png

Man. I copied that into paint just to look at the details with zoom. Really nice.

I Support TET!| If you want bunny PM Me.|Click For My DevArt

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

IT'S A TRAP SHINY JUST WANTS TO STALK YOU.

Hell yeah I do. Whats your msn?

That's how it all starts.

Next he's going to ask you what flavor of candy you enjoy and whats your favorite color van.

Something else is coming up too.

o.O

DAAMN THIS IS THE BEST PIXEL URT EVAR

And by the way, you should put your pixel sigs both in a randomizer.

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

wow....

To be honest, I find your linework just great :huh: nothing against the shading and stuff, but it just already makes them great before they are even colored :)

Hope to see you sticking around here for a while :P It's actually a great idea of turning old pixels/idea's into HD... maybe i'm gonna try it to with some old pixel :-P

taz3xk1.jpg

Thanks for comments everyone :)

Felix - Good idea, I did just that :P

Soa - I worked on this sig a couple hours a day over a week or so. The first sig took like 1 hour lol.

Tripsis - Thanks :P I do feel like making more pixel art these days.

Dark Aura - I saw pixel art from other people like Jeppoz and Your_Mother and thought it was a cool concept to make RS scenes through MSpaint. Since I had previous experience drawing IRL, I figured it wouldn't be too hard to "learn" to draw with the mouse. I enjoyed it and the requests for signatures inspired me to keep improving on my pixelart.

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art

Man, I have been hanging around these forums just to find this kind of stuff every once in a while. Really made my day. That piece is freaking awesome. By the way I happen to remember when you used to make those old ones, boy you've really gotten so much better.

I should get on pixeling aswell sometime. Have been doing some HUGE projects which will never finish. But what can you say, perfectionist, and can't do with anything less. You know, after you pass certain limit there is no turning back. Only better, no worse. Seems like you're doing freaking well on that! :smile:

Hats off.

u5zhkTY.gif

I wish my skills were as good as yours! I honestly think that your artwork is 'The' best I've ever seen! (Pixel Wise). Great Job! Keep it up.

~ HYT Chat Rules (Click Here): Read before entering the chat. ~

dztf80.jpg

| Former Clan Chronicle Editor | Former Clan Improvement Member| Former TET Member |

It is just incredible.

You should make a tutorial or something to teach others how you pixel, your work could easily inspire many others to take up that art form.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

It is just incredible.

You should make a tutorial or something to teach others how you pixel, your work could easily inspire many others to take up that art form.

Demented made one, search the site.... too lazy to find it.

I Support TET!| If you want bunny PM Me.|Click For My DevArt

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

IT'S A TRAP SHINY JUST WANTS TO STALK YOU.

Hell yeah I do. Whats your msn?

That's how it all starts.

Next he's going to ask you what flavor of candy you enjoy and whats your favorite color van.

your work was the thing that made me start lurking around the galleries. This is incredible! (And i have allways thought you had one of the best sigs on the site imo.(the castle wars one)

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

Apart from the lighting that doesn't make a whole lot of sense at some places (yellow scales for example), this is cool dude.

You got some details that are screwing with the readability of some parts of the image, but nothing huge.

Looks good, it's nice to pixel again huh? Hehe.

tipitsigte0.png