Catching guide

Adaga

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

catching was a way to kill people with higher ping then you in the wild :)

only catching is done in rsc were you could follow the other player 1 or 2 squares and right click them really fast and hit attack really fast if you done it right, you and the player you was tryin to catch would engage in 3 rounds of fighting, which therefore is called catching

you could also catch by lefting people who are same lvl as you or 4 lvls lower which there for youd jus follow them 1 or 2 sq and left attack them really fast, which is pretty simple unlike right clicking higher lvls :)

Glad to still see this guide around ;) (hey look its me in a few pics! )

It's not regardless your connection. How come I always had sooo much higher pid on the New York servers ? (I live in Sweden)

Btw, I love this guide.

It's such a classic.

I highly doubt you always had a higher pid on New York servers, they were just very laggy.

Your char was legit up until level 3

I heard he was like the BEST pker in RSC.
Did you even play in RSC?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

It was later found out in the days of mass botting that "player ID" (pid) actually determines who has the catch. This is basically an index number that represents a character. Who ever had the lower pid would have catch. If the pid of a player was higher than another than they would be unable to catch the person with a lower pid. Obviously, it took cheating to understand this, but it helped me realize why the hell my character would always back up and miss the catch years ago.

-sw0o0sh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I always said if catching was a skill I'd be one of the first ones to hit 99. I Used to practice with my RL brother all the time back in the day. b4 most knew what that was even all about :mrgreen: Practice makes perfect. Auto is, was and forever will be for noobs.

• 2 months later...

I always said if catching was a skill I'd be one of the first ones to hit 99. I Used to practice with my RL brother all the time back in the day. b4 most knew what that was even all about :mrgreen: Practice makes perfect. Auto is, was and forever will be for noobs.

yo man, do u still got raimus lvl 121 was it ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...