Why Runescape needs instanced bosses.

Lugia_Lvl138

Completely agree. Runescape needs a lot of things this is near the top of the list. Along with untradable weapons and armour for max players

I couldnt agree more with this one, something that can't be bought but has to be earned through pure determination.

Jagex have some of these, Chompy Hunting, Adze, Temple Trekking and more. BUT usually the rewards are simply not as good as they should be.

Chompy Hunting --> A hat. Yeah.

I agree, more items that can't be bought, BUT they need to be great too!

20477083.gif

[Whip drops: 13]

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you kids get it already too easy with high-valued bosses.. There are many of those..

I still remember when the KBD / KQ / CE were the only few bosses one could hunt!

Now we have KBD / KQ / DK / TD / 4 * GWD / CB / CE, 10 bosses, more than 3 times as many as previously. - And you complain about RS having too few bosses?

Yeah.. and how many people were playing runescape and had the stats to hunt bosses back then?

No, the question is, did we have summoning and godswords back then?

Following that argumentations we would have an exploding function in needs for bosses: better weapons mean faster /easier boss kills -> we "need" another boss since rest of the bosses are crowded/easy -> new weapon which is better than previous best has to come into the game -> back to 1..

In the current scheme it holds at the third point: and since there simply is a maximum number of kills/hour for each boss, interest will dwindle and people will go back to the lesser bosses too.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

you kids get it already too easy with high-valued bosses.. There are many of those..

I still remember when the KBD / KQ / CE were the only few bosses one could hunt!

Now we have KBD / KQ / DK / TD / 4 * GWD / CB / CE, 10 bosses, more than 3 times as many as previously. - And you complain about RS having too few bosses?

Yeah.. and how many people were playing runescape and had the stats to hunt bosses back then?

Following that argumentations we would have an exploding function in needs for bosses: better weapons mean faster /easier boss kills -> we "need" another boss since rest of the bosses are crowded/easy -> new weapon which is better than previous best has to come into the game -> back to 1..

In the current scheme it holds at the third point: and since there simply is a maximum number of kills/hour for each boss, interest will dwindle and people will go back to the lesser bosses too.

We need a boss that you need non-combat skills to access. Like Commander Zilyana who needs 70 agility for. Not like Graardor who needs 70 strength, which I guess 300k people have!

It would be kind of fair to make it so that Soul wars products, can't get to the boss too easily. Like a quest for it that needs high stats. And not like Summer's end which needs stats you can achieve in a week...

Give a man a lighter, and he will be warm for a while.

Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

We need a boss that you need non-combat skills to access. Like Commander Zilyana who needs 70 agility for. Not like Graardor who needs 70 strength, which I guess 300k people have!

It would be kind of fair to make it so that Soul wars products, can't get to the boss too easily. Like a quest for it that needs high stats. And not like Summer's end which needs stats you can achieve in a week...

tormented demons?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I would like to see untrappable armor and weapons that can not be traded, but can be used on pvp. They could honestly create so much more dungeons with bosses and monsters which are relevant to the team going through the instance. They can put so much more content in game though instanced dungeons/bosses.

I would like to see this too, sure it would cause pretty much all boss items to go down if released, but solo bandos was massively crowded and with the bonus exp weekend with tons of people having overloads and yak, finding a world is going to be even more of a pain

tormented demons?

As far as I know... The highest stat you will need, is 65 farming. That will probably be the hardest.

I was looking for something like... Difficuly of Corporeal beast + the good drops (Not the same, something else which is very good) + Skill requirement of something like Elite Ardougne and Quest requirement of Tormented Demons. Maybe harder, so that you need more than 1 person to kill it, but not 50000 who can kill them. Or 50k who wants to get the requirements to kill them.

Give a man a lighter, and he will be warm for a while.

Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

tormented demons?

As far as I know... The highest stat you will need, is 65 farming. That will probably be the hardest.

I was looking for something like... Difficuly of Corporeal beast + the good drops (Not the same, something else which is very good) + Skill requirement of something like Elite Ardougne and Quest requirement of Tormented Demons. Maybe harder, so that you need more than 1 person to kill it, but not 50000 who can kill them. Or 50k who wants to get the requirements to kill them.

They wont do that because of the sole fact it can't be used by many people, they want to cater for the masses

Lord_Beloved.png

well theory is one thing, but reality is another. bandos is very easy and so worlds are always hard to find. but really, that's the only place where I see a serious problem. armadyl worlds take a bit of hopping, but usually finding a world doesn't take more than 10-15 minutes. it is true that unless you're high level you'll be liable to crashing though. but same deal as bandos really, it isn't surprising that the boss with the best drop apart from corp has some crowds. speaking of corp, I've never had trouble finding a corp world. saradomin takes less hopping than arma and I was only crashed there once back during the safespot days. and zamorak... let's just say it's a pretty rare occurrence to see a team there. dks take like 5 minutes of hopping, though again you'll want some anticrash measures. and I've never had trouble finding a TD world, or with being crashed.

I'd be happy to see a solution these problems, which certainly do exist, but I don't think they're severe enough to merit crashing the items dropped by all these things. if jagex made every drop untradable it would sure lower the number of crowds too, because then there wouldn't be a point for a lot of people. money is what brings people to bosses, and something that increases supply so much would surely undermine that. basically, what your proposition would do is make it easy for people to get what they want, which is nice but it isn't exactly the purpose of a MMO. if jagex made every weekend a super xp weekend, lots of people would get the levels they want and be happy, but there's no question it would be a terrible decision for the future of the game. I think that situation applies here - making it easy for everyone will devalue everything too much.

This is how I personally see it...

One of the main problem with GW for example is the fact that there's only a handful of lootshare worlds. If you want to duo Bandos for example, you have to either be lucky or work during the times when there's not too many people online. If you're from USA, though luck. During the prime times (20-24 gmt or so) the LS worlds are basically always full. This means that you either need to be able to crash some other team or have a team that is strong enough to survive with the crashers. The problem is the fact that by the years more and more people have become stronger (extremes, gaining summoning levels, getting enough wealth to buy the best gear), meaning there's more people able to do the bosses. Same time the number of LS worlds has been around the current. In other words there's more people "able" to use the worlds but not more worlds to handle this growth.

In my opinion there's 2 alternatives to fix this problem. The easier one is to increase the LS worlds by a huge number. I wouldn't personally mind at all if we had even up to 20 LS worlds more. Why? Because it would divide the LS users into a larger range of worlds, meaning more opportunities to have a clean trip. Another method, which doesn't rule out the first one by the way, would be to give an alternative or few to the current bosses. In my opinion this wouldn't work alone though: we can't just give out bosses that are worth killing AND worth getting to. So far the old bosses have become unattractive (KBD being the prime example) or the new ones require so much effort to get to (tormented demonds) that they take only a few boss hunters away from the other methods.

I'd personally love to see a larger variety of different kinds of bosses and a lot more LS worlds. I'd happily see more "tormenteddemonds" and "Bandos gw" kind of monsters: both those that have high mandatory reqs and those that are somewhat easily reached. With reasonable drops these wouldn't make the existing ones easier, but would drag people away from them. This would equal for for more reliable monster hunting and not a total collapse or prices. The problem would be to adjust the drops properly: if they were too strong (i.e. new weapons or armours), it would just mean even faster moster hunting. If they were too valuble, it would just mean that the "flood of players" would go from current places to the new ones, causing the "kbd syndrome". One possibility could be to link the drops to skills: ability to get brawlers or powerful skill items such as more powerful harpoons wouldn't bother me. That would link monster hunting into skilling even more, which in my opinion is part of holistic gameplay. Also pvp items wouldn't in my opinion be an impossible thing to think about.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

I would like to see untrappable armor and weapons that can not be traded, but can be used on pvp. They could honestly create so much more dungeons with bosses and monsters which are relevant to the team going through the instance. They can put so much more content in game though instanced dungeons/bosses.

But.... how can you share the loot if a boss need more than 1 person to kill and the loot cannot be traded? You mean you want a one-time boss something like nomad for soulwars cape or just Jad for firecape

But.... how can you share the loot if a boss need more than 1 person to kill and the loot cannot be traded? You mean you want a one-time boss something like nomad for soulwars cape or just Jad for firecape

Lootshare. Coinshare wouldn't work with the item i guess.

tormented demons?

They wont do that because of the sole fact it can't be used by many people, they want to cater for the masses

However by creating something just for very high levels you are giving something for "the masses" to aim for.

Snowjoke.png

Although I believe in survival of the fittest and competition is healthy I see your point. I never saw a problem with crashing people for the best spot, but when Bandos turned into a fest of 130+ AGS teams causing the majority of low levels to be left out, it got out of hand. Now with the weekend of fail making so many more people higher leveled, I imagine it'll be harder even to find a crashable world now. I've always been an advocate for high level untradable items, which seems to hate or punish people who have them (i.e extremes in PvP). Jagex will always cater to the whiners and considering people who love the update don't say anything about it, they will always change it for the worse. Jagex has a lot of things to fix right now, give them some time to fulfill what they have promised this year before we really get worked up about this.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

11284 with 96+ Summoning

surprised-face.jpg

Wow i had no idea there were so many people with 96 Summoning :/. Anyway despite not being a scaper anymore i agree with you. Doubt Jagex will listen though.

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.

Instanced minigames... okay.

Instanced dungeons/treks... okay.

Instanced boss hunting... stupid.

Let's not turn this into WoW.

Bad enough they already F'ed with the hp...

You seem to be playing the wrong game if you want "Elite" creatures that smear you and 100 other noobs at the other time.

Thats just dumb and not even fun, thus I play this game more than WOW or practically all the other MMOs...

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

It's sad to see a MMORPG become less of what it is. Competition is what makes the game interesting, and keeps pricing decent. I personally feel it is a foolish choice to makes bosses instanced. The game is ridiculously easy as it is. We at least need the odd bit of competition to makes things more difficult.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Guest TrixStar

The whole competition argument is so stupid. Competing to see the best aspects of the game? Really? Not only do people have to grind hours to get the levels needed to fight but you take some of the most fun parts of the game and make it impossible to reach without stealing it from someone else? Sounds like a fantastic idea. I could double nat craft for 30 days and have all the money i need to buy any item i want. Point is I want the fun part of the game fighting those bosses. World hopping for 30 minutes doesn't make a game fun to me.

Oh and another thing I'm shocked it took til page 2 to compare this idea to WoW :rolleyes:

[slams fist down onto a desk] Agreed!

We had a team of 4 120+ (well, me being 118 w/99 Def) went to Bandos one day. We were crashed by ONE level 138. ONE. We asked him to go to a NON LS world where he could still get drops, he insisted he likes crashing people whenever he feels like it. In the end after 30 stolen kills and used as as meat shields we left GWD and I vowed to never return until something is done about it, this is the sort of bullcrap that shouldn't happen.

Mod Mark said:

If you want to stop being defeated by bigger opponents - whether thats competing for magic logs, fighting duels or dominating training areas - get bigger or try somewhere else.

That being said, I hate crashing. Something needs to be done, but without ruining prices. Drops are rare enough (For me at least) without them being made worthless. DKS drops are low enough, don't ruin those either.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Competition is what makes this game fun... Barrows, Slay, KBD, something, and get strong enough to keep your own world. Instanced dungeons would just be a slap in the face to whoever got all the best gear just so they could Bandos. Also, there are other GWD places to go to, like Zammy, that're basically always empty.

guido_49.png

Competition is what makes this game fun... Barrows, Slay, KBD, something, and get strong enough to keep your own world. Instanced dungeons would just be a slap in the face to whoever got all the best gear just so they could Bandos. Also, there are other GWD places to go to, like Zammy, that're basically always empty.

How the hell is a bunch of high levels storming into the room shouting

"L gl kid"

"U guys bettr gtfo cuz were gonna own u"

"Sad u think u can beat us L"

"Were good crashers be prepard 2 cry L"

"Ffs u [censor evasion here] nerd were gonna own u next kill"

and trying to steal your kills what makes this game fun?

wl7w9j.png