Why Runescape needs instanced bosses.

Lugia_Lvl138

After reading some of the replies in this thread, I have to say that instances should only be applied to NEW bosses and not current ones. I also think that they'd work best with either untradable drops, or drops that are as rare as elysian or divine sigils from CB. I also agree with some of you who said that we need MORE bosses, as that would decrease the number of people at GWD by a significant amount if the boss dropped better or higher level gear.

Competition is healthy, definitely, and I don't think that getting rid of competition is the best way to solve the problem per se. We just have too many players and too few bosses. It's so saturated that the competitive aspect is more of a SURVIVAL aspect, and I don't think that's quite right.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get stronger to keep your own world lol and when other 138s crash how much stronger can I get ?

Get multiple people. Don't think it's fun because you make like 500k per GS split? Awwweeee... Too bad. If you want to keep a world with only a few people, get claws and spec restore pots, otherwise people with those items will crash you instead. That's how it works.

Competition is what makes this game fun... Barrows, Slay, KBD, something, and get strong enough to keep your own world. Instanced dungeons would just be a slap in the face to whoever got all the best gear just so they could Bandos. Also, there are other GWD places to go to, like Zammy, that're basically always empty.

How the hell is a bunch of high levels storming into the room shouting

"L gl kid"

"U guys bettr gtfo cuz were gonna own u"

"Sad u think u can beat us L"

"Were good crashers be prepard 2 cry L"

"Ffs u [censor evasion here] nerd were gonna own u next kill"

and trying to steal your kills what makes this game fun?

Yes, blame that on the fact that instanced dungeons don't exist. The obvious response would be to put them on ignore, but who am I to say that...

Once again, if you don't want to get crashed, get all your friends with GS' and make a 10+ man team.

guido_49.png

Competition is what makes this game fun... Barrows, Slay, KBD, something, and get strong enough to keep your own world. Instanced dungeons would just be a slap in the face to whoever got all the best gear just so they could Bandos. Also, there are other GWD places to go to, like Zammy, that're basically always empty.

How the hell is a bunch of high levels storming into the room shouting

"L gl kid"

"U guys bettr gtfo cuz were gonna own u"

"Sad u think u can beat us L"

"Were good crashers be prepard 2 cry L"

"Ffs u [censor evasion here] nerd were gonna own u next kill"

and trying to steal your kills what makes this game fun?

^ Especially when they are all people who botted a cashmaking 99 and afked bandits

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

As I see it, instanced dungeons would only work for new bosses that have rare or untradeable drops, as mentioned by other people before me. Indeed, it is a pain being crashed by some morons who have no manners, can't be bothered to switch, or have spent the last five days finding an empty world...but there's nothing that can be done to combat this as it stands. Instanced dungeons would make prices plummet, perhaps not because of realistic loss, but because of panic and so on.

Though, crashers who do say "gf lol" are really annoying, I agree.

ozXHe7P.png

But.... how can you share the loot if a boss need more than 1 person to kill and the loot cannot be traded? You mean you want a one-time boss something like nomad for soulwars cape or just Jad for firecape

Lootshare. Coinshare wouldn't work with the item i guess.

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/controls_lootshare

Lootshare is not completely a dice, it uses the item value of GE. Everyone have 0 loot potential when they enter a new team. When they down a boss that dropped a tradable item, everyone then have gain a loot potential equals to the market value of that item and the one loots it have a negative score and continues on.

Of cause they can use the item value to distribute loot potential, but it also have its disadvantage as well. What happen if the person that wanted the untradable item didnt get it but the other person who doesnt need the item was given the item? They cannot trade it nor sell it for cash and buy the item they actually wanted.

Anyway, just saying currently lootshare wont work for untradable item.

I remember dking at 113 combat with a nubby gear or even trio lootsharing bandos with friends of my level, tyvm for posting this lugia! <3:

Ty Veyron for Siggy help!

there are 32 lootshare worlds but about 50 nonlootshare worlds, honestly with thsoe stats people SOLO 20-35 kills so if u have those stats and use teams theres a probelm

the way i see it the people with those stats should spead out and solo, and the 100s-120s should team

or simply make it harder, corps a step in the right direction but sadly its begun, people have started to "toy" with corp, i mean people like stokenut can solo with rune spear, OTG has killed corp boxing, OTG has killed corp in 8 seconds, Nizmo30 can kill 2 per trip, can do without stat ham, can do using sharks not brews, can kill with whip, can kill with leaf sword, can kill with sol etc

what they need is to make a boss that usualy takes 20+ people so that way ull need a huge population of high stat PvMers collected together to take it down

corps a great start but we need to break into the 4th didget for bosses

a_final_name.png

The problem with lootshare mechanics is that the highest-damaging team gets the drop rather than the team with the highest-hitting person (like the old system), so quantity is favored over quality.

lalalasig2.png

The problem with lootshare mechanics is that the highest-damaging team gets the drop rather than the team with the highest-hitting person (like the old system), so quantity is favored over quality.

wait with the other system, what would stop a single person super high level player from effectively crashing a party of 10?

ultimately the only way to make the problem "disappear" would be to make sure there are enough bosses to go around, instanced bosses would guarantee that.

Naaxi.png

i like the idea of leaving gwd and other bosses the way they are, but brining out a heap of new ones, not just like 1 or 2, but a fair amount all dropping new weapons and such. The weapons shouldnt be much, if any, stronger then ones we already have as to not hurt pvp more then it already has with things like claws... but they could all have there uses for different things. Like a weapon the speed/strength of a whip but with less slash and more crush or slash, new range weapons and different mage gear and stuff. Basically add a whole heap of new stuff into the game, so runescape doesnt just have 1 obvious choice for like everything, but many different weapons and armours.

High leveled un-tradeable weapons and armour dropped from bosses a fair bit harder then gwd, but not to the extreme of corp, with fairly rare drop rates, would also be a nice addition to the game.

More items to hit through pray, or even hybrid gear, would reduce the amount of people rushing/pjing in pvp with there new high powered armours, which would be fairly rare and hard to get.

But yea, runescape could go alot further without making anything too overpowered.

there are 32 lootshare worlds but about 50 nonlootshare worlds, honestly with thsoe stats people SOLO 20-35 kills so if u have those stats and use teams theres a probelm

the way i see it the people with those stats should spead out and solo, and the 100s-120s should team

or simply make it harder, corps a step in the right direction but sadly its begun, people have started to "toy" with corp, i mean people like stokenut can solo with rune spear, OTG has killed corp boxing, OTG has killed corp in 8 seconds, Nizmo30 can kill 2 per trip, can do without stat ham, can do using sharks not brews, can kill with whip, can kill with leaf sword, can kill with sol etc

what they need is to make a boss that usualy takes 20+ people so that way ull need a huge population of high stat PvMers collected together to take it down

corps a great start but we need to break into the 4th didget for bosses

what we need is a boss thats very strong that gets stronger the more people around it (feeding of your strength?), but in a way that only matters at about 10+ people / can only have so many people in the place at once makeing a boss that gets HARDER when massed but requires teaming.

maybe a side special efect such as it requires at least 2/3 people around to so thats it simply can not be killed by 1 player.

anyway about instanced bosses i think that total instanceing many of the curent bosses such as gw and td is a bad idea, totaly mess up item prices and competion is a part of the game (some hate it, some love it), but wouldent it work to half instance them? maybe each world has 3 of the same boss as to efectively triple the amount of worlds.

instanceing bosses when done corectly can and probably will be a good thing, done bad and man the rants...

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

I like the idea of each world having more than one of each boss on it. I think this would be much less overpowered than infinite instances. Also, for people saying this would crash prices, well, I would say, that as time moves on, more people can wield/afford these weapons, so it really is just heading off a price increase. Supply is staying the same (the resource is saturated with gatherers) but the demand is constantly increasing. So, I think this would be a more economical way for jagex to keep with the demand for godswords, and the demand of players to play god wars bosses, without having to add more servers.

In my opinion, there's something wrong when an item that has a defense requirement of level 65 is unattainable by players with 65 defense (unless that player happens to have a high level money making skill, but chances are that he/she does not).

dgs5.jpg

In my opinion, there's something wrong when an item that has a defense requirement of level 65 is unattainable by players with 65 defense (unless that player happens to have a high level money making skill, but chances are that he/she does not).

ive seen quite a few 1 def pures at bandos, let alone zerkers and people with higher defence. its really not that hard

ive seen quite a few 1 def pures at bandos, let alone zerkers and people with higher defence. its really not that hard

Pures are exceptions to the rule, and can't get wear Bandos anyway. For average players with 65 defense, it's impossible without a huge team.

dgs5.jpg

Pures are exceptions to the rule, and can't get wear Bandos anyway. For average players with 65 defense, it's impossible without a huge team.

well if a lvl 70 pure can do it im sure people with 65 def shouldnt have too much trouble. but yea i know what u mean

Barrows are THE example of the perfect boss monster. They are all instanced (not area, but the spawn is yours and yours alone)

But I do agree, they NEED to do something with it. It is impossible to find a world unless you crash for anything other them zammy gwd.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

While instanced bosses would be nice, another thing that would put a big dent into the problem is simply more boss monsters.

Back when GWD was released, bosses were not like they are now. You couldn't camp for hours because not many people knew the strategies to camp. Corp has only started to be "toyed" with because he has been in the game for almost 2 years now. That's a long time.

What needs to really happen is Jagex needs to step up and say, "Instead of making instanced boss monsters, lets just spread everyone out by adding like 10 new bosses". They are adding a bunch of high level content now so they really have a good opportunity to do so.

If you had 10 new bosses (especially if some were geared towards super high levels) GWD, DK's, and other bosses would empty out.

It's been well over 14 months since we've had a new boss, and because of that all the new players are starting to jam up the current ones. Make new bosses and the crowing problem goes away, at least for awhile.

While instanced bosses would be nice, another thing that would put a big dent into the problem is simply more boss monsters.

Back when GWD was released, bosses were not like they are now. You couldn't camp for hours because not many people knew the strategies to camp. Corp has only started to be "toyed" with because he has been in the game for almost 2 years now. That's a long time.

What needs to really happen is Jagex needs to step up and say, "Instead of making instanced boss monsters, lets just spread everyone out by adding like 10 new bosses". They are adding a bunch of high level content now so they really have a good opportunity to do so.

If you had 10 new bosses (especially if some were geared towards super high levels) GWD, DK's, and other bosses would empty out.

It's been well over 14 months since we've had a new boss, and because of that all the new players are starting to jam up the current ones. Make new bosses and the crowing problem goes away, at least for awhile.

A permanent fix is needed, not a crude temporary one.

Instances seem the most logical for this.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.