Teams and Multiclanning

Krist115

Well there has been some dispute if joining a team is qualified being a multi clanner.

im not just talking about teams but also clans like Clan Europe and others...

my question for you is:

[b]Do you classify being in a team or country/community clan multi clanning? [/b]
[b]
What do you consider a correct definition of multi clanning?[/b]

i realise am8 already made a topic similar to this, but this has to do with different questions and a different purpose so if mods wouldnt close this, would be much appreciated =)

kristn.png

Well there has been some dispute if joining a team is qualified being a multi clanner.

im not just talking about teams but also clans like Clan Europe and others...

my question for you is:

[b]Do you classify being in a team or country/community clan multi clanning? [/b]
[b]
What do you consider a correct definition of multi clanning?[/b]

i realise am8 already made a topic similar to this, but this has to do with different questions and a different purpose so if mods wouldnt close this, would be much appreciated =)

well for first question my answer is no so long as u put ur official clan before them at all costs. its like footy/basketball/sports teams in general where u can belong to a club yet still play for your country if u think about it. with teams they really shouldnt be taken to far but for the extra practice there good.

for your second question however i just believe that being in more than one official clan is multi clannin. even if 1 clan is pvp based and the other cwa based.

envy42.png

Teams' purpose are to give clan members more warring experience. And of course, clan events > team events. Under that logic, joining a team is not multiclanning.

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

Do you classify being in a team or country/community clan multi clanning?

I classify being in 2 official warring clans multiclanning with the exception of Country Clans or PC/SW Clans. So being in a team or the others highlighted in the question are not multiclanning. As Dbz said, a team enforces team>clan rules, which rules out any possible accusations that being in a team and clan is multiclanning, although like Dan I do see the arguments for both sides.

What do you consider a correct definition of multi clanning?

Being in 2 official warring clans with the exception of Country Clans or SW/PC Clans.

Genesis Leader

Ending Templar & Trial Caller of The Rising

Ex-Leader of Silent Ember - Ex-Leader of True Ownage - Ex-Leader of Legendz

Former Tip.It Clan Community Leader

These "teams" are just like clans. There really is no way to distinguish them except by name. They PvP, have wars, have forums where they interact with one another (and where a lot of the "community" aspect takes place), and even have all the ranks you'd find in a normal clan ([high] council, leader, warlord, etc.)

So yes, if you belong to more than one of a: clan, team, country clan, then you are a multiclanner. There's really no denying it... I've said it before: they were created as a loophole to multiclan.

Any clan that outright bans belonging to a team or country clan has my full respect. :thumbup:

[2010] Proud Member of Downfall

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)

Teams' purpose are to give clan members more warring experience. And of course, clan events > team events. Under that logic, joining a team is not multiclanning.

And if only that "rule" held through.

And I really don't see the connection where clan events being more important than team events would negate the fact that being apart of a team is not multiclanning. A team is a clan; thus, it is multiclanning. Simple logic right there.

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

This is my feeling as to what teams truly existed for. I had no issue with teams. I felt that it was wrong if people chose teams over their clans, sure. But I also feel that if the clan wants to lower themselves to the point where they're letting their members get away with it, that's their fault.

And I really don't see the connection where clan events being more important than team events would negate the fact that being apart of a team is not multiclanning. A team is a clan; thus, it is multiclanning. Simple logic right there.

If you're going to quibble over semantics we'll be here all night beating a dead horse. :P

hzvjpwS.gif

No.

Being on more than one official clan lists.

crsigl.png

§ Crimson Raiders Veteran | skull_crossbones.gif Ex Downfall Warlord | bcouncil.gif Ex Team Vendetta Council

This is my feeling as to what teams truly existed for. I had no issue with teams. I felt that it was wrong if people chose teams over their clans, sure. But I also feel that if the clan wants to lower themselves to the point where they're letting their members get away with it, that's their fault.

Perhaps I should explain why I'm so against the idea of teams.

It really jumps down to the fact that these teams result in lower active members in clans. If people have clans and teams to turn to for warring and pking, they will be much less inclined to concentrate demands for more warring/PKing in the clans. If their clans are suffering a slump, or generally just not active with warring/PvPing, they'll turn to their teams. This results in clans being less active, and even a weaker "community" feel. So yeah, it disperses a person's interests, and the end result is that they are not putting their 100% into either the clan or the team. If you'd like to make the clan world more active (which I'm seeing complaints of), then you should be concentrating activity into one or the other.

And another thing is that it's clear that at times, people choose their team's events over their clans. I mean, if you feel like warring (and your team happens to have a war), and your clan has an unofficial PvP trip or whatever, which one would you be more likely to attend?

So I think people are kind of in denial if they think that teams aren't having any effect on the clan world.

If you're going to quibble over semantics we'll be here all night beating a dead horse.

It's really not an issue of semantics. :razz: The two things just have very little to do with one another.

Perhaps I should explain why I'm so against the idea of teams.

It really jumps down to the fact that these teams result in lower active members in clans. If people have clans and teams to turn to for warring and pking, they will be much less inclined to concentrate demands for more warring/PKing in the clans. If their clans are suffering a slump, or generally just not active with warring/PvPing, they'll turn to their teams. This results in clans being less active, and even a weaker "community" feel. So yeah, it disperses a person's interests, and the end result is that they are not putting their 100% into either the clan or the team. If you'd like to make the clan world more active (which I'm seeing complaints of), then you should be concentrating activity into one or the other.

And another thing is that it's clear that at times, people choose their team's events over their clans. I mean, if you feel like warring (and your team happens to have a war), and your clan has an unofficial PvP trip or whatever, which one would you be more likely to attend?

So I think people are kind of in denial if they think that teams aren't having any effect on the clan world.

If you're going to quibble over semantics we'll be here all night beating a dead horse.

It's really not an issue of semantics. :razz: The two things just have very little to do with one another.

I disagree. From personal experience I find being in a team increases how active I am in my clan. For example, If I get home from school, I'll typically log on and go to my team and clan's sites. As such, my clan receives activity from me because I'm interested in looking at their site. The team sites just give me a place to browse even more once I've browsed pretty much everything on my clan site. So, my clan is benefiting from the team, because I like to go on the computer if I know I have a ton of enjoyable topics and replies to look at. Also, if we follow the clans>teams rules, then we know that no matter what, whether it be a team war and a clan event, you have to support your clan. And every clan I've heard of follows that, and takes action when you don't come to their wars when you're on (and mandatory events). Clans should support teams, because as said by someone above, they give a great place to get more clan wars experience and have more incentive to train.

oversized.jpg

As long as the team doesn't do all the same things as your clan, and your clan takes priority over your team it's not multi clanning. Teams are for a specific purpose, CWA, PKing, GWD, skilling, community, patriotism, etc. As long as the team stays to its specific purpose, ie. a CWA warring team wars, then it's fine. When say a CWA warring team starts having events, wars, GWD trips, skilling events, etc. it becomes a clan.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

Yeah.

I find being in a clan and a team multi-clanning because really teams are basically clans now. Most teams that

I can think of right now have wars, have forums, have a ts/vent. In those teams, there is really only one difference

a clan and them, and that is the word "TEAM" in their name.

Do you classify being in a team or country/community clan multi clanning? Nope its just some friends that aren't in the same clan who chill together and have events.

What do you consider a correct definition of multi clanning?When you're in two official clans....not a hard concept (INCLUDING MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS)

!!!!FUZZY BEAR! THE NEW DEFINITION OF A FACEPALM HAS ARRIVED TO TIP.IT FORUMS BE READY FOR THE BEAR!!!!

Yeah.

I find being in a clan and a team multi-clanning because really teams are basically clans now. Most teams that

I can think of right now have wars, have forums, have a ts/vent. In those teams, there is really only one difference

I agree. :thumbup:

We see everything from our individualistic point of view, most of people posted are in a team, they wont agree they multiclan.

Teams are as good as a clan and does all the activity what a clan does, where's the difference?

I think it's fruitless debating what's multi-clanning and what's not, every week a new topic about multi-clanning is posted on TWR and RSC, the presentation differs the matter is still the same.

We know the problem but there is no remedy for it. And the only possible solution I can think off is too harsh too be implemented.

dontspamxh3.gif

My personal opinion:

In one word: Yes.

Strictly speaking, when you join a team or country clan or community, and if that group does everything that an official clan does, including events like an official wars, night outs, ladder rankings... the works, then the identity of that group is no less than an official clan, regardless of what they call themselves.

The perception of this classification is relative these days. People in larger mainstream PVP clans see smaller clans of 10-30 people, teams, CWA clans as no direct competition or threat. So the classification of multi-clanning in such clans gets lax at that point although many of the higher ranking clans would differ, sticking to the original definition, contrary to the post-wildy era clans who are evidently still confused at what is what, and go with the lax definition.

Back in the old days, teams were small groups of people wanting to go and have some fun, a few quick kills here and there in the wild in a temporary get together fashion, sometimes referring themselves with a name, but by all means they did not represent a fixed competitive entity in the PVP clanning world, unless they created one - which would eventually end up being an official clan, but nowadays such groups remain being teams enjoying benefits of being in more than one large warring / PVP/CW groups, that virtually do everything official, and in some competitive ladder set ups, get equally treated as an official distinct entity. In such cases, by definition it is multi-clanning, as much as admitting it causes discomfort.

The new inference, that I have seen lately in the new era clan community is that teams are just a way for friends to come together to share warring experience and have fun. That is all fine with when you compare it with the old definition, but only as long as its treated as casual. When you have 'official' wars, 'official' trips, competing with 'official' clans , in ladder matches, ranks etc and so forth, you are no less than an 'official' group and hence a clan - regardless of what you call yourselves, leaving behind the casualness. Additionally, when I say 'casualness', don't confuse it with 'no honour'. As both are entirely separate terms.

Similarly country clans were made to do country wars initially, then later the label 'country clan' got diffused into 'language based clans' and 'continental clans' and so forth, giving them more flexibility to add recruits and thus attain large pulls befitting clans in that category. Such clans were fine as long as they competed in their specific category, as it was in the old days. As soon as those clans jump the category of country based PVP/warring, they are competing with official clans, and therefore by definition, become official, regardless of what they are called.

Community clans on the other hand, were merely friends / long time friends trying to hold on to the remnants of their friendships forged during their most active times on Runescape or a gathering of individuals on some other common topic of interest. Later these sort of clans split into mini-game based clans, monster hunting clans and so forth. As long as these clans stay out of competing officially / warring / PVP aspect, they are not treated as official. If they do jump categories in competition, then yes it is multi-clanning.

My definition is rather more generalized: If you are in more than one group that holds "official" PVP/CW based events, competes in ladder matches in the official clans category / rankings etc, and holds a distinct identity, then you are multi-clanning.

Apart from teams being a new way of multi-clanning, from a clan leaders point of view, these days teams are an escape route to filling in that gap where the clan lacks in community aspect, or events. Often shifting between groups, weaker clans manage to survive existence by feeding off elements, events, ideas, strategies from other communities and members. This could either be good or bad depending on the clan size and clan age. But in the long run, it deteriorates the focus and loyalty of the clan on whole. For a clan member's point of view, its nothing but fun, with a new concept of easily shuffling the titles of the group on friends and members in that group as teams, in a similar fashion as a CC hopping trend which is introduced by Jagex with THEIR definition of a clan. Creating forums, a Runehead list and so forth has never been easier these days, so creating such groups as teams is easy. Retaining them however requires dedication in aspects of creating events, 'borrowing' members, 'making a name' for the group, and so forth which is where the shift of loyalty between 'clan' and 'team' starts, depending on who is involved at what level.

R5O5

2001 - 2007

So if all these clan officials have such a huge issue with teams, why aren't more clans disallowing teams? I know of only one or two clans that truly forbid teams. Why aren't there more, if there are really so many people who feel so strongly about this? If multiclanning is really a threat to main clans, you would think that people would outlaw this outright.

Is it just the Top 10 Flock Mentality? ie Corr/VR/EoS don't ban it so we won't. Or is it that people just don't see this as a threat, just more competition for members (which isn't always a bad thing)?

hzvjpwS.gif

No. Country clans and teams arent only made for warring/GWD/pk etc whatever they do, they meant to build a strong community, stronger than clans. In clans there are a lot of people you dont know, while in country clans you find people who speak your own language, and in teams you can be with any of your friends from various official clans. I joined Clan Europe and Silent Ember to have more wars, have more fun, and meet new people, but I still put my main clan before both of those two.

Being in 2 or more official clans, regardless if its CWA or PvP, however country clans are an exception, unless they declare themselves an official clan.

lightningcopy.png

The difference between a clan and a team is in name only, so yes I would consider teams/community clan/etc multi clanning.

A person joining two groups that does the exact same thing, but the thing is that I have absolutely no problem with multi clanning. As long as it does not cause too much confusion and the clan leaders does not forbid it, I see nothing wrong.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

No I Don't see being in a team/country clan multiclanning. i'm in 2 teams and a country clan and the main reason i joined was because i'm a clan wars addict and a bit more of pvp is good too 8-) and to war alongside some more people rather than just with my clan. :cool:

Being on the mll/Fighting alongside/going to events of another official clan rather than the one you originally applied for and war with. :mellow:

trunderbanner.png

Yeah.

We see everything from our individualistic point of view, most of people posted are in a team, they wont agree they multiclan.

Teams are as good as a clan and does all the activity what a clan does, where's the difference?

I think it's fruitless debating what's multi-clanning and what's not, every week a new topic about multi-clanning is posted on TWR and RSC, the presentation differs the matter is still the same.

We know the problem but there is no remedy for it. And the only possible solution I can think off is too harsh too be implemented.

Surely you can agree that members in PVP clans and CWA clans are also multiclanners then? And if you do think teams are part of multiclanning, why don't you prevent your members from joining teams?

Genesis Leader

Ending Templar & Trial Caller of The Rising

Ex-Leader of Silent Ember - Ex-Leader of True Ownage - Ex-Leader of Legendz

Former Tip.It Clan Community Leader

Its not multi clanning lol. Country clans i classify as teams since every country clan has mutli clanners. Same goes with teams, they all have multi clanners.

2 clans that have the same member(s)

sebesttank.jpg

Solace Member

Silent Ember Warlord

Tko Blitz Trial Member

Condemned Army Member

Yeah.

Surely you can agree that members in PVP clans and CWA clans are also multiclanners then? And if you do think teams are part of multiclanning, why don't you prevent your members from joining teams?

Well Jack, There is no Remedy for this chaotic problem that put the clan world into a slump of eternity. The only solution has to be HARSH PUNISHMENT, meaning DV would kick their members and slump even more and that is why they still seek another remedy.

6590ew.jpg