Runescape fails at skills

SemiFiction

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All member skills(except for 1) have major problems. Heres a look at some of the problems:

Summoning: CHARMS ARENT TRADEABLE! Nothing else needs to be said here.

Hunter: Before implings, it ws virtually impossible to make steady money off this.

Construction: This was an epic fail. There is no way to make money, and houses are pretty useless unless you have millions of friends.

Herblore: Too expensive.

Runecrafting: I KNOW THIS ISNT A MEMBER SKILL, but it practically is and it is FREAKING IMPOSSIBLE to level in. Why bother when every monster drops runes?!?!?!?!?!?!? This is THE STUPIDEST skill.

Farming: Too long, but actually great money. But, before the GE this was also IMPOSSIBLE to level in.

Fletching: This is the one with no major problems.

Agility: SSSSSSSLLLLLOOOOOOWWWWWW.

Slayer: Again, soooooooooooooo slow.

Thieving: Once again, soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow.

And soon, there will be another new members skill. And if it follows the pattern, it will fail just like the rest of them.

You have crossed farming and fletching off your list by yourself, that leaves you with 8 skills you think have maflunctions.

First off, summoning. Charms aren't tradeable. Doesn't sound unreasonable to me. There are enough ways of getting them since loads of monsters drop them. Eventually the amount of monster killing you do will give you an amount of charms. So those charms give a good representation of how much you'd need summoning (in combat).

Hunter, not a steady moneymaker? And what about red/grey chins? I know as a fact that loads of people made millions off the chins they caught and sold to all the lazy players like yourself who wanted to train their ranged skill.

Indeed, there is no way of making money, but then again it wasn't meant as a money-making skill. It was intended as a money-drain which, as the name indicates, 'drains' money from the game. Saying that it's a stupid skill because you can't make money with it is saying that prayer is a stupid and useless skill while I strongly disagree. And while I'm on the subject of prayer, that is what construction is mainly used for I think. The altar gives you the option to get 99 prayer cheaper and a load faster at a mere level 70, that's not even 1 milion xp. If that isn't usefull then I don't know what is.

Herblore, o so expensive but o so worth it. You put in cash and you gain overloads, a fair deal to 90% of the players.

Runecrafting, you've got to be kidding me. Well mate if you can find me a monster that drops 3k natures in an hour then I agree, a stupid skill. If not then shut up because monster drops alone aren't sufficient for the massive runes demand from all those alchers out there.

Agility, it's probably the labour intensity that annoys you, since it's actually quite decent experience. However it requires a lot of clicks on the course. But hey, that's the way agility is, get over it. Maybe it takes time now but eventually the shortcuts will save you a considerable amount of time. And if you're not into those then I don't know why you even bother with the skill. It really is usefull and thus worthwhile to train.

Slayer, yes it is slow but look at what you gain in the meantime. You get a good amount of melee experience, a tonne of slayer drops which aren't exactly worthless and you gain charms as a side bonus. This all adds up and gives you a staggering amount of experience. And besides you probably haven't tried piety/turmoil slayer yet, but I can assure you it's a whole lot faster. And you know what faster means. Yeah, more expensive.

Thieving, now you're totally wrong about this. This skill is everything but slow. It's one of the faster/fastest skills in the game. All you need is a blackjack, some wines and you're good to go. I think it's about 200k+ xp doing pyramid plunder at higher levels as well. If you call that slow then you, sir, need to learn to compare.

Bottom line, to get something out of this game you're going to have to put something in it. And if you don't think it's worthwhile then don't bother playing. It might strike you as odd but some people actually enjoy playing Runescape and training the said skills. If you can't enjoy any then don't play, and if you can enjoy some then stick to those. Just don't start ranting about skills which you obviously haven't taken the time to explore. This gives the overall impression that you're either poor (in-game), dumb or a lazy [wagon] ranting about people not handing him/her the xp in skills which actually take some thought to make them efficient. Take your pick, just try and think before you post on these forums next time.

Now stop whining and get over it!

Skills take a long time to train compared to other games because of one key: The focus.

In games like Darkfall, combat stats raise rather quickly because PvP and focused skills are the focus of the game.

In World of Warcraft, they have made the grind easier over the years because end-game is where the action is, so Blizzard needs to rush players there before they get bored.

In Runesape, skills take a long time because it is about the progression and development of your character who can be anything you want, including jack of all trades if you wish to invest the time.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Skills take a long time to train compared to other games because of one key: The focus.

In games like Darkfall, combat stats raise rather quickly because PvP and focused skills are the focus of the game.

In World of Warcraft, they have made the grind easier over the years because end-game is where the action is, so Blizzard needs to rush players there before they get bored.

In Runesape, skills take a long time because it is about the progression and development of your character who can be anything you want, including jack of all trades if you wish to invest the time.

Although I'm not familiar with other MMO's aside from Runescape I'm going to take your word that this is all true. You are "that seal guy"(as I used to call you when I first joined TIF) I keep seing post all over the place. :lol:

But basicly, I see the tl;dr of this thread as "OMFG sk1llz0rs 4r3 t00 h4rd m4k3 th3m Eazi0rz!!!! Lolololoneoneone!111!!!1!! PLAWKS"

its almost worse than a Mckinzy troll <.<

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

Its a game its meant to be challenging

[hide]

...,''-,

,'-.,,/''\,

.'\,^-'...,.-'¸,,.--··¬¬^^¬·--..,,,¸_

'\,¸,,.-·^'...¸,,.-·¬^*¯.¸,.--·¬^¯__

...,.-·^'-¬^^¨¯¯¯¯...¯¨**^¬·-.,

,.-^',.-·.,,·-.,,,¸...`*^-.,¸

..._-'_,..-·'.,.-·'..i_...**^-,.'^-,

..CRY MOAR,..-·'..,.-·'...¯*^--...,,¸/...'-,

...'\,_'-.,,..-^'____...'\,

.'\.i'¨¨¯¯¯.¯¯¯¯¯¨**^^^¬¬·----,---..,,,¸..'i

...'\,...i,·,..¸,.-·¬¬·--.,¸.,.-·^*¯*^-.,.'\,¨*^--.,¸...|

..'-,.i..|..'\,.../...'-,,''\,..'-,`^¬·-.,|

..'-,..i|...'-,..'\,..'..'·\

..'-,.|..i.'-.,¸,,,-·,'|

...,.-·"'-'..'\,|...'^·-.,,...,-'¸,,.-¸-..|

../...¸·-.,'\,__¸|__¸¸|_.`**,¬·--..,,..,.-'i

...'-,.'--''\,.'i.¯¯¯¯¯...¯*^¬^'.../

...`*·^'\,...'\,--..,¸.'\,,.-'

...'\,`·-,,..'\,__'-,¸¸,,,..-^...,..-^

¸,.-·--..,¸'\,._¸,,,,.----^'_______¸,,,,---------..,¸

...{...·--.,,...'-'\,___¸,,,,,..----·¬^^^¯..'--,/'...¸,.--.,¸-------..-'

'-.,,¸.`^,/'.'\,,.-.,,,/''\,...'-.,,.'-----'

...`***,/'/..|...'i..

...,/'..,-./...||...

,-^^-.,,/'-,/'../.||

'\,../'_'-----'____|¸,.--·´;...¸,

..'',^,--^'/'.¬^*,...¨¯,-'

../../..'-,·'---^-...,.-·^\¸,-'

/'\,/.,/'_.`^¬·----·¬^'

.<¨¯,.-'...

/¸,.-·-..,\ [/hide]

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

Its a game its meant to be challenging

[hide]

...,''-,

,'-.,,/''\,

.'\,^-'...,.-'¸,,.--··¬¬^^¬·--..,,,¸_

'\,¸,,.-·^'...¸,,.-·¬^*¯.¸,.--·¬^¯__

...,.-·^'-¬^^¨¯¯¯¯...¯¨**^¬·-.,

,.-^',.-·.,,·-.,,,¸...`*^-.,¸

..._-'_,..-·'.,.-·'..i_...**^-,.'^-,

..CRY MOAR,..-·'..,.-·'...¯*^--...,,¸/...'-,

...'\,_'-.,,..-^'____...'\,

.'\.i'¨¨¯¯¯.¯¯¯¯¯¨**^^^¬¬·----,---..,,,¸..'i

...'\,...i,·,..¸,.-·¬¬·--.,¸.,.-·^*¯*^-.,.'\,¨*^--.,¸...|

..'-,.i..|..'\,.../...'-,,''\,..'-,`^¬·-.,|

..'-,..i|...'-,..'\,..'..'·\

..'-,.|..i.'-.,¸,,,-·,'|

...,.-·"'-'..'\,|...'^·-.,,...,-'¸,,.-¸-..|

../...¸·-.,'\,__¸|__¸¸|_.`**,¬·--..,,..,.-'i

...'-,.'--''\,.'i.¯¯¯¯¯...¯*^¬^'.../

...`*·^'\,...'\,--..,¸.'\,,.-'

...'\,`·-,,..'\,__'-,¸¸,,,..-^...,..-^

¸,.-·--..,¸'\,._¸,,,,.----^'_______¸,,,,---------..,¸

...{...·--.,,...'-'\,___¸,,,,,..----·¬^^^¯..'--,/'...¸,.--.,¸-------..-'

'-.,,¸.`^,/'.'\,,.-.,,,/''\,...'-.,,.'-----'

...`***,/'/..|...'i..

...,/'..,-./...||...

,-^^-.,,/'-,/'../.||

'\,../'_'-----'____|¸,.--·´;...¸,

..'',^,--^'/'.¬^*,...¨¯,-'

../../..'-,·'---^-...,.-·^\¸,-'

/'\,/.,/'_.`^¬·----·¬^'

.<¨¯,.-'...

/¸,.-·-..,\ [/hide]

Holy [cabbage] that's creepy, Cosmo with vampire teeth :blink:

As someone else said, so basically any skill you can't buy, make easy money from and doesn't level quickly is broken?

Riiight. Everyone's pretty much said what I was planning to, so I'll just finish up with: If you don't like it, stop playing. Or keep crying, but expect everyone to laugh at you.

Ananke32.png

what they need to do is make skilling more fun because i have yet to find a skill that i enjoy doing for more than 1 hour at most w/o almost diein of boredom evn w/ friends etc.

but yea itz a game and the skills r meant to be challenging so so..

S_arah.png

thanks for the laugh :thumbsup:

fletching has to be one of the most pointless skills on that list, and most of the other ones "flaws" which were pointed out really arent that bad, infact u pretty much pulled out the good points and ranted about them. If this isnt your sort of game go play pokemon or something :D

fletching has to be one of the most pointless skills on that list, and most of the other ones "flaws" which were pointed out really arent that bad, infact u pretty much pulled out the good points and ranted about them. If this isnt your sort of game go play pokemon or something :D

It reminds me of the Two and a Half Men episode where Charlie and Jake watch several movies over the course of the episode, and Jake is making fun of Jaws because there is still no shark some 40 minutes into the movie. Charlie says it's a classic movie, and Jake says: "You know what's a classic? Snakes On A Plane."

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

It reminds me of the Two and a Half Men episode where Charlie and Jake watch several movies over the course of the episode, and Jake is making fun of Jaws because there is still no shark some 40 minutes into the movie. Charlie says it's a classic movie, and Jake says: "You know what's a classic? Snakes On A Plane."

hahaha yess (: gotta love that show

Sure, fletching might be considered "nooby" to most, but you can't say it's useless either.

Where do all those bows, arrows, crossbows, bolts, darts, knifes, javelins, throwing axes, etc etc etc come from? Fletching!

Without it, all ranged weaponry would skyrocket.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Sure, fletching might be considered "nooby" to most, but you can't say it's useless either.

Where do all those bows, arrows, crossbows, bolts, darts, knifes, javelins, throwing axes, etc etc etc come from? Fletching!

No.

All member skills(except for 1) have major problems. Heres a look at some of the problems:

Summoning: CHARMS ARENT TRADEABLE! Nothing else needs to be said here. Fail less, you can get charms really easily.

Hunter: Before implings, it ws virtually impossible to make steady money off this. What do you call chinchompas then? Are they not steady money?

Construction: This was an epic fail. There is no way to make money, and houses are pretty useless unless you have millions of friends. One, I find my altar, armour stand, portals, and glory to be very useful. Second, it was basically made as a money sink. There's no

reason for it to make money. Its not real estate, its construction.

Herblore: Too expensive. This is a genuine problem, but its not totally Jagex's fault, the players are also part of the problem

Runecrafting: I KNOW THIS ISNT A MEMBER SKILL, but it practically is and it is FREAKING IMPOSSIBLE to level in. Why bother when every monster drops runes?!?!?!?!?!?!? This is THE STUPIDEST skill. It is also possibly the fastest source of money in the game.

Stop being an impatient brat, its not impossible to level in, its just slow (I realize I have almost no room to speak about this >_>)

Farming: Too long, but actually great money. But, before the GE this was also IMPOSSIBLE to level in. Cause seeds were impossible to buy before the GE? I'm sure. And its farming, is farming in real life fast?

Fletching: This is the one with no major problems. Don't really have anything to say about this, except that its almost useless nowadays.

Agility: SSSSSSSLLLLLOOOOOOWWWWWW. Not so much slow as tedious.

Slayer: Again, soooooooooooooo slow. Its slow if you fail at it. Its really impossible to judge how fast Slayer is, because it varies entirely on the task. Cannoning Dagganoths or Kalphites for instance, is some of the fastest Slayer exp in the game, while other tasks are

extremely slow. Again, stop being an impatient little brat.

Thieving: Once again, soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow. What? Thieving is probably one of the faster skills in the game >_>

And soon, there will be another new members skill. And if it follows the pattern, it will fail just like the rest of them.

Balatocadrus.png

You can make, javelins and throwing axes? Teach me your ways o smithing master!

If there was no fletching no weird bolts like dragonstone tipped bolts would exist so we wouldn't miss em.

We'd just kill each other with rune arrows dropped by dusties using dark bows dropped by dark beasts.

You can make, javelins and throwing axes? Teach me your ways o smithing master!

If there was no fletching no weird bolts like dragonstone tipped bolts would exist so we wouldn't miss em.

We'd just kill each other with rune arrows dropped by dusties using dark bows dropped by dark beasts.

Ye DIY ranging FTW y0. Makes us look like real bosses.

pixelsig.png

nubguy.jpg

R.I.P. Neko :[

5,445,898,965th to 99 Woodcutting

Blogs are dead

So TC, what are you asking for, another Bonus Weekend? Do you want those skills you listed to have 99 on your account just instantly?

They present a bit of a challenge and that's how they should be. You should realize that the game itself is already pretty easy even if you are slightly experienced. But obviously, you like things to be given to you on a silver platter.

• 2 weeks later...

Thats a good thing,

Hunter: Before implings, it ws virtually impossible to make steady money off this.

Chinchompas?

Construction: This was an epic fail. There is no way to make money, and houses are pretty useless unless you have millions of friends.

It was designed as a money sink

Meh

Runecrafting: I KNOW THIS ISNT A MEMBER SKILL, but it practically is and it is FREAKING IMPOSSIBLE to level in. Why bother when every monster drops runes?!?!?!?!?!?!? This is THE STUPIDEST skill.

Impossible? i'm making tonnes just running to the abyss,teleing to my POH and glorying to Edgeville, easy as hell to level

Farming: Too long, but actually great money. But, before the GE this was also IMPOSSIBLE to level in.

Even before GE it was easy to level in. Theive from master farmers, plant seeds,water,wait,done.

Apart from the fact Xbows > normal bows yeah no major problem

worth it in the end, shortcuts and seemingly infinate energy (for me atleast)

D-Chain, Abby whip? Strykewyrms. You learn to love it after 50 Slayer

Plunder?

All your "complaint" is, is that the skills are "too slow", make little money or "impossible" for you (not us, training it is easy) to level.

Zaroterasu.png

It wasn't supposed to be a buyable skill.

Chinchompas. Implings are pretty unreliable for money anyway.

Construction: This was an [overused phrase]. There is no way to make money, and houses are pretty useless unless you have millions of friends.

How in the hell are you meant to make money by building a house? Does everything need to give you money? POHs are actually useful for a lot off stuff, and are just, I dunno... FUN to have?

Boohoo.

I thought all that skills were to you are ways to make money? Then why don't you like Runecrafting: the BEST way to make steady money skilling.

So it used to be bad? I thought you were supposed to be complaining... What a let down.

Besides the fact that it has no profit, or use in any sense?

Once again, boohoo.

Ugh...

Actually, thieving is one of the fastest skills to level...

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

If it doesnt make money than its pretty useless, unless its like agility, with shortcuts. Maybe some of my points are bad, but you have to admit that almost all (with the exception of theiving and farm) the skills people use to make money are F2P.

Just saying.

Svaac.png

Svaac.png

Only thing i agree with is Herblore. yehh i guess its a tad expensive.

but runecrafting..cmon. think of the rewards: cash, prestige and a hawt cape. its a great skill if you have the patience to train it.

and complaining that theiving is slow lmao.. its incredibly fast if you use pyramid plunder.

cmon man research or patience. choose.

sausagewalls.png

sausagewalls.png

sausagewalls.png

sausagewalls.png