Runescape fails at skills

SemiFiction

If it doesnt make money than its pretty useless, unless its like agility, with shortcuts. Maybe some of my points are bad, but you have to admit that almost all (with the exception of theiving and farm) the skills people use to make money are F2P.

Just saying.

Actually virtually all of your points were bad, but that's been pointed out at least ten times already. As for members skills:

1. Slayer is a huge money maker.

2. Farming is a great money maker, as you pointed out.

3. Hunter is a huge money maker with Chinchompa and salamanders

4. Theiving is a money maker, as you said

5. Herblore is huge cash, especially when coupled with farming

6. Fletching makes money, even more when you enchant what you fletch

Construction is a money sink, and summoning is a lesser money sink. I left out agility because it is cash-neutral. Nothing in, nothing out. Either way you have 6 of 9 members only skills that are money makers.

But going off of what you said about most money making skills being f2p, I'll look at those too because you'll find that for all of the free to play skills, the real money only comes from members benefits/areas/monsters.

Attack/Strength/Defense/Range/Mage: Sure you can make some cash through combat in f2p, but it isn't much. All the cash from decent upward comes from members only creatures.

Runecrafting: You have to have pretty high levels on Runecrafting in f2p to get decent cash from Runecrafting, but with the abyss and death/law/blood runes, even at 55 runecrafting, you're looking at 8k-13k per trip, depending on how many bags you have. Runecrafting becomes even more profitable with a beast of burden.

Crafting: Aside from low level leather items, Crafting offers [bleep] to free players, aside from selling materials to members.

Mining: This is one of the few skills where members don't get many benefits until higher levels. Free players have a lot of competition for spots with less ore, but ultimately once you get a rune pickaxe selling iron ore can be quite a money machine for free players. Members, on the other hand, have the benefit of multiple rune ore spots, more adamant spots, and the coal mine.

Smithing: The real benefit for members here is speed: Location and agility bonus.

Fishing: The only real sellable fish free players have are lobster and swordfish, and now that that the bank-certificate NPC is on the island, I think you'll see prices stay steady, if not go down a bit with a lot more of it being fished. In fact, swordfish have been at a 1.8% rise over the past 30 days, but went down very slightly so far today. Lobster is staying still. Monkfish alone (faster than shark) blows any fish f2p has out of the water, and that's before cavefish, rocktail, shark, turtles, and rays.

Cooking: See Fishing. Aside from the cookable fish, you also have the pies that can be huge money makers.

Woodcutting Woodcutting is a good skill for free players.

Dungeoneering, Prayer, and Firemaking don't make money for free players at all.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a dream that one day this forum will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: " that all men are created equal, except spammers."

I have a dream that one day in the offtopic section, the sons of spammers and the sons of anti spammerss will be able to sit down together at the table where the spammers will be shot.

I have a dream that one day even the clans section, a section sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice- free of spam and trolls.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day post on an 'internet' where they will not be judged by the true awfulness of their post, but rather the sheer awesomeness of them.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day, down the off topic, with its vicious spammers, with its mods who do not seem to care, there will be instituted new; moderators given black crowns and guns so as to do away with nonsense posting

I have a dream today!

See what I did there?

Look guys... I absolutely must be a mass baby-seal murderer!

If it doesnt make money than its pretty useless, unless its like agility, with shortcuts. Maybe some of my points are bad, but you have to admit that almost all (with the exception of theiving and farm) the skills people use to make money are F2P.

Just saying.

Truly agree with you there. Who the hell would waste money on a prayer or construction which both give crapload of benefits to just about everything. Also summoning. Why would someone waste money on a skill that helps make more money? (End of sarcasm.)

You're an idiot

Just saying.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

I have a dream that one day this forum will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: " that all men are created equal, except spammers."

I have a dream that one day in the offtopic section, the sons of spammers and the sons of anti spammerss will be able to sit down together at the table where the spammers will be shot.

I have a dream that one day even the clans section, a section sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice- free of spam and trolls.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day post on an 'internet' where they will not be judged by the true awfulness of their post, but rather the sheer awesomeness of them.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day, down the off topic, with its vicious spammers, with its mods who do not seem to care, there will be instituted new; moderators given black crowns and guns so as to do away with nonsense posting

I have a dream today!

See what I did there?

I had a dream that one day ten year old white kids wouldn't knock off one of the greatest civil rights speeches, in order to talk about forums or a video game.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I have a dream today!

I have a dream today!

See what I did there?

I had a dream that one day ten year old white kids wouldn't knock off one of the greatest civil rights speeches, in order to talk about forums or a video game.

It was a joke mate, calm down. Just because something's great doesn't mean you can't have a bit of fun with it. But of course from your post it's evident that when you fart only dogs can hear it so I see now replying to you was utterly pointless >.<

I'd also like to point out that specifying i was a ten year old white kid is racist. So you've basically just become everything that you quite clearly hate :D gratz.

Look guys... I absolutely must be a mass baby-seal murderer!

I have a dream today!

I have a dream today!

See what I did there?

It was a joke mate, calm down. Just because something's great doesn't mean you can't have a bit of fun with it. But of course from your post it's evident that when you fart only dogs can hear it so I see now replying to you was utterly pointless >.<

I'd also like to point out that specifying i was a ten year old white kid is racist. So you've basically just become everything that you quite clearly hate :D gratz.

You used white text in your entire post and you bolded the word white. Racist.

Edited by laura0077
Please do not edit your entire post to appear in one colour. They are often difficult to see on different themes.

pixelsig.png

nubguy.jpg

R.I.P. Neko :[

5,445,898,965th to 99 Woodcutting

Blogs are dead

Fishing-

Let's all face it. This skill sucks more than a $5 hooker on a Tuesday afternoon. All you do is click, wait, bank. And guess what the real mindf*#$er is? The fishing spots MOVE. How inconvenient! Does Jagex REALLY expect me to alt-tab every few minutes from my Digimon marathons JUST to make sure I am fishing? RIDICULOUS

Cooking-

All you do is spend money and burn fish. What a stupid skill that doesn't help.

Smithing-

Do I even need to say it?

Mining-

Why mine? Smithing is sooooo lame. This is stupid. Almost as bad as RuneCrafting.

Woodcutting-

Like fishing, this skill is stupid. I should be able to click from an infinite tree.

top_lel_face.png

All member skills(except for 1) have major problems. Heres a look at some of the problems:

Summoning: CHARMS ARENT TRADEABLE! Nothing else needs to be said here. Fail less, you can get charms really easily.

Hunter: Before implings, it ws virtually impossible to make steady money off this. What do you call chinchompas then? Are they not steady money?

Construction: This was an epic fail. There is no way to make money, and houses are pretty useless unless you have millions of friends. One, I find my altar, armour stand, portals, and glory to be very useful. Second, it was basically made as a money sink. There's no

reason for it to make money. Its not real estate, its construction.

Herblore: Too expensive. This is a genuine problem, but its not totally Jagex's fault, the players are also part of the problem

Runecrafting: I KNOW THIS ISNT A MEMBER SKILL, but it practically is and it is FREAKING IMPOSSIBLE to level in. Why bother when every monster drops runes?!?!?!?!?!?!? This is THE STUPIDEST skill. It is also possibly the fastest source of money in the game.

Stop being an impatient brat, its not impossible to level in, its just slow (I realize I have almost no room to speak about this >_>)

Farming: Too long, but actually great money. But, before the GE this was also IMPOSSIBLE to level in. Cause seeds were impossible to buy before the GE? I'm sure. And its farming, is farming in real life fast?

Fletching: This is the one with no major problems. Don't really have anything to say about this, except that its almost useless nowadays.

Agility: SSSSSSSLLLLLOOOOOOWWWWWW. Not so much slow as tedious.

Slayer: Again, soooooooooooooo slow. Its slow if you fail at it. Its really impossible to judge how fast Slayer is, because it varies entirely on the task. Cannoning Dagganoths or Kalphites for instance, is some of the fastest Slayer exp in the game, while other tasks are

extremely slow. Again, stop being an impatient little brat.

Thieving: Once again, soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow. What? Thieving is probably one of the faster skills in the game >_>

And soon, there will be another new members skill. And if it follows the pattern, it will fail just like the rest of them.

A) THIS IS A RANT. Complaining is the WHOLE POINT. If i was going to say that all the mem skills are great, then this wouldnt be a rant now would it?

B) I tried chinchompas. If you can tell me a spot where there is enough of them to hunt, maybe I'll reconsider my point. Until then, at 56 hunt (which i was at when i tried them) I got about 2 per min because they were so spread out. Thats like 30k per hour, and that SUCKS.

C) If you have a life, farm is the fastest money in the game, whether you farm wergali, ranarr or snapdragon.

D) One of the 2 good points you made. Herb prices are merch clan's fault.

E) Yes, agility is tedious, but unless you have done a bunch of hard quests, it's still slow.

F) Theiving is slow. If you can tell me when it gets fast and somewhat useful, maybe I'll reconsider.

G) If I'm impatient, that's my problem, and it doesn't make me a brat.

Svaac.png

Svaac.png

Fishing-

Let's all face it. This skill sucks more than a $5 hooker on a Tuesday afternoon. All you do is click, wait, bank. And guess what the real mindf*#$er is? The fishing spots MOVE. How inconvenient! Does Jagex REALLY expect me to alt-tab every few minutes from my Digimon marathons JUST to make sure I am fishing? RIDICULOUS

Cooking-

Smithing-

Mining-

Why mine? Smithing is sooooo lame. This is stupid. Almost as bad as RuneCrafting.

Woodcutting-

Like fishing, this skill is stupid. I should be able to click from an infinite tree.

All of these are good points, especially the fishing and that you say that runecrafting is bad.

Svaac.png

Svaac.png

I have a dream today!

I have a dream today!

See what I did there?

I agree with you 100%.

Fishing-

Cooking-

Smithing-

Mining-

Woodcutting-

Fishing- Now the best F2P money making skill, considering the addition of the auto-noting thing-a-ma-jig. Even better than rune mining, as I have timed both for 4 hours. Fishing is also incredible steady cash in P2P with the addition of rocktails. RuneScape is a computer game, everything you do involves clicking or typing, do try to get over it please. Do fish move around in real life? YES.

Cooking- Without this skill, there would be no food for bosses, PKing, etc. GL PKing with Sara Brews all the time.

Smithing- Basically the same as above. No arm PKing is only for the weak, and those who can't PK.

Mining- Semi-steady cash and ends up better than slaying in P2P. This is also F2P's second best moneymaker.

Woodcutting- Take out this and you roflstomp about 3 other skills. GF firemaking, GF construction, GF fletching. Yes, I'd also like a real life with trees that can't be cut down, but we can get infinite logs from.

Edited by Kcdragon8116
Changed red font to bold

I have lived my life to the best of my ability, but I have not been able to escape fate, anger, or pain.

Bring me the answers, and the road that leads to truth, reveal to me once and for all, how all of this will end.

Shadows cannot exist without the light. But without the shadows, the light has no meaning.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream today!

See what I did there?

I agree with you 100%.

Fishing-

Cooking-

Smithing-

Mining-

Woodcutting-

Fishing- Now the best F2P money making skill, considering the addition of the auto-noting thing-a-ma-jig. Even better than rune mining, as I have timed both for 4 hours. Fishing is also incredible steady cash in P2P with the addition of rocktails. RuneScape is a computer game, everything you do involves clicking or typing, do try to get over it please. Do fish move around in real life? YES.

Cooking- Without this skill, there would be no food for bosses, PKing, etc. GL PKing with Sara Brews all the time.

Smithing- Basically the same as above. No arm PKing is only for the weak, and those who can't PK.

Mining- Semi-steady cash and ends up better than slaying in P2P. This is also F2P's second best moneymaker.

Woodcutting- Take out this and you roflstomp about 3 other skills. GF firemaking, GF construction, GF fletching. Yes, I'd also like a real life with trees that can't be cut down, but we can get infinite logs from.

/sarcasm

top_lel_face.png