Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Most Uncommon Untrimmed Skillcape

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

highlanders
[ Display Name History ]

highlanders

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,476 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P

I have never seen an untrimmed Crafting cape, I don't know if that one's actually the rarest, but for me it is :rolleyes:

Probably because it's brown and plain, fashionistas won't wear it :P

2480+ total

Quyneax
[ Display Name History ]

Quyneax

Aes Sedai

• Members
  • 11,297 posts
  • RSN:Mierin

It's the most recent skill, and the only way to not get a combat 99 in the process is to play Soul Wars.

I do agree with you on Summoning, it's probably the rarest as it's the most recent and is still rarely achieved as the first 99 - although with planning I'd say Slayer is a harder one to get untrimmed.

However, I don't think Villandra used Soul Wars for her Untrimmed-Summoning? She still achieved it untrimmed and from what I recall, she didn't do anything like looting chests / lootsharing either. With planning, it's quite achievable just by charm-hunting.

You have to use a cannon & Bork & triple charms, but then you could probably get it at 90 melees, just got to skill for elite diaries/effigies in between familarizations :P.

I'm working on untrimmed summoning now and I'm 94 summoning at 93 hp/91 melees/91 ranged with another 2k crimson charms banked + 30 effigies, so it shows how easy it really is. You just got to plan a bit, and do some skilling.
Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions
99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)
99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)
99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)
99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)
99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)
Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring
Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace
30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Gilformen
[ Display Name History ]

Gilformen

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 848 posts
  • RSN:Vilya
  • RSN '07:Vilya
  • Clan:nah
thanks for bumping a nearly one year old topic :thumbup:

Posted Image
32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming
14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

[ Display Name History ]

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,102 posts
  • RSN:999134thpure
  • RSN2:1 Pray Hero
  • Clan:hyt
I have summoning with no combat 99s (well apart from prayer...)
would have got it untrimmed if I didn't train stuff like herblore.
Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!
Posted Image
old sig

Lord Paul
[ Display Name History ]

Lord Paul

The answer is Quyneax

• Members
  • 1,540 posts
  • RSN:Lord Paul
Yep 99 summoning untrimmed is pretty easy to get nowadays...
As Quyneax said, Bork with elite varrock done and waterfiends in Chaos Tunnels with Iron Titan and 3x charm drops makes it a breeze. I did all that plus 90% of my quest rewards and 6 months of penguin points spent on summoning.

Posted Image

The fun part is running around with herby hood and untrimmed summoning cape. :shades:
Working on max and completionist capes.
2435/2475

Aneron
[ Display Name History ]

Aneron

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Aneron
  • Clan:DGS
would this be the same thing as the most common trimmed skill cape?

My_Eggs
[ Display Name History ]

My_Eggs

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,514 posts

Yep 99 summoning untrimmed is pretty easy to get nowadays...
As Quyneax said, Bork with elite varrock done and waterfiends in Chaos Tunnels with Iron Titan and 3x charm drops makes it a breeze. I did all that plus 90% of my quest rewards and 6 months of penguin points spent on summoning.

Posted Image

The fun part is running around with herby hood and untrimmed summoning cape. :shades:

Yeah, it is a lot of fun running around with a different hood and skillcape. It confuses a lot of people, which is the main reason I wanted to keep my first cape untrimmed.

Posted Image
99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

brainymidget
[ Display Name History ]

brainymidget

Retired TET Member

• Clan Official
  • 826 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Brainymidget
  • Clan:SoDB
Im really sad I didn't keep my HP cape untrimmed. I wasn't aware of a method to do it for Members skills so had to trim it, and now I miss it :(
Posted Image
Posted Image

Vulxai
[ Display Name History ]

Vulxai

Mitákuye Oyás’iŋ

• Members
  • 5,959 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Wise Pond
  • RSN '07:Vulxai

Im really sad I didn't keep my HP cape untrimmed. I wasn't aware of a method to do it for Members skills so had to trim it, and now I miss it :(

What exactly is that method?

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

LitterBug
[ Display Name History ]

LitterBug

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,428 posts
  • RSN:LitterBug01

What exactly is that method?

I believe you have to die in f2p with the cape on you.
Level up in members - get the trimmed cape, and go back to get the untrimmed cape?

That's what I seem to remember hearing anyways.
Posted Image

My_Eggs
[ Display Name History ]

My_Eggs

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,514 posts
Die in f2p so your cape goes to your grave. Switch to a members world and get whatever member 99 skills you want. Go back to the f2p world you died on and back to your grave. Telegrab the cape from the grave. I had to do that for my summon cape.
99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Sir_Kurity
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Kurity

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,370 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Sir Kurity
  • RSN2:Estorrath
I still love the idea that having less 99 skills is somehow better than having more.
O.O

Tres
[ Display Name History ]

Tres

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 416 posts
i seen only 1 untrimmed slayer...cannot remember if seen untrimmed summoning. level 3 with untrimmed slayer would be rare sight since i only seen level 3 with trimmed.

Sir_Squab
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Squab

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,903 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Sir Squab
Only ones that slightly impress me are Slayer, followed by HP. HP, if you train your stats evenly it's not that hard to get tbh. At one point, HP was my highest skill. Summoning doesn't seem that hard; if I stopped mage at 98, I could have probably done melee/range for 99 summon (if I put in enough time >_>) and gotten it first. One of the reason why 99 summon is/was hard to get is summon is/was a new skill. If you had say combat stats in the 90 range when summon came out, your in a bad position to get 99 first.

Really, the rest of the untrimmed skillcapes don't have anything special that makes them hard as a first 99, except money for most of the buyables.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

GoldTatze
[ Display Name History ]

GoldTatze

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • RSN:Goldtatze
Slayer. The reason is like HP and Summoning, they require combat, but, unlike HP and Summoning, to get 99, you would have to average AT LEAST 13M experience in a combat skill. It isn't like you can range/mage/melee every monster. Sure, people have done it, but that is also why it is the most rare.

HP is actually really easy. I got 99 HP well before I got another 99 CB stat (my 2nd highest was Prayer and 97), it just wasn't untrimmed.

Summoning can be done with relative ease if someone
a) uses PC
b) Spreads out consumption/gathering of charms. Instead of just barraging lobs to 99 summoning, get charms for 80-92 from there, then range some dragons to get 96, then melee [monster] to 99. Much more spread out than Slayer.
Posted Image

Ichimaru
[ Display Name History ]

Ichimaru

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 161 posts
Most of the untrimmed slayer capes out there are people that botted soul wars. Yeah, not that impressive. Unless they have a bunch of skills in the 98s you know they're fake.

GoldTatze
[ Display Name History ]

GoldTatze

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 162 posts

Most of the untrimmed slayer capes out there are people that botted soul wars. Yeah, not that impressive. Unless they have a bunch of skills in the 98s you know they're fake.

That explains people with untrimmed Herb/Rc capes right? /sarcasm
Posted Image

captainpoet
[ Display Name History ]

captainpoet

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 995 posts
I'd agree Summoning would be pretty rare...but so would the 99 Dung cape...because face it...groups won't take you if you're low lvl...after about what 60-70 dung.
Posted Image

GoldTatze
[ Display Name History ]

GoldTatze

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 162 posts
Dungeoneering untrimmed isn't that rare actually. It is an extremely easy skill that anyone can do.
Posted Image

Ichimaru
[ Display Name History ]

Ichimaru

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 161 posts

That explains people with untrimmed Herb/Rc capes right? /sarcasm

slayer cant be compared to those skills. 99 rc and 99 herb can be done by a lvl 3
Btw you can only use SW for combat stats, not skills. If
you see a lvl 3 with untrimmed slayer, they didnt use
recoil rings or anything that inspired.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users