Javelins

Roadway77

What is the point of javelins in runescape, they are utterly useless. Every time i go to kill high level monsters (like the mithril dragon) i find myself plagued by rune javelin drops. Which leads me to another point, why does a mith dragon drop 8 rune arrows, when i dust devil and fire giant drop 12?!?

What is the point of javelins in runescape, they are utterly useless. Every time i go to kill high level monsters (like the mithril dragon) i find myself plagued by rune javelin drops. Which leads me to another point, why does a mith dragon drop 8 rune arrows, when i dust devil and fire giant drop 12?!?

javelins are for alching!

;p

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

Javelins are meh as a range weapon, but not to the "sucky" extent.

Face it, all weapons are good, it's just that some are (much) better than others. That's why people say "this weapons sucks omfg".

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Javelins, now that I consider it, really are an amazingly useless weapon. I doubt that they were intended that way, though, and have just been overlooked for quite some time. Perhaps an update on the way will correct this.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

Throwing axes... the alternitive to javelins, however are just as good as knives, but sadly not as well dropped.

Not dropped at all, I think.

OT: I just stuff mine in the ge and I usually get some gp for em, fine by me. :smile:

Face it, all weapons are good, it's just that some are (much) better than others. That's why people say "this weapons sucks omfg".

Uhh what? Javelins are awful.

Wait, what again? All weapons are good? Lol, you better trolling - no one can be this stupid.

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Wait, what again? All weapons are good? Lol, you better trolling - no one can be this stupid.

he's f2p, disregard

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

If he's never been P2P, then how is he stupid?

pixelsig.png

nubguy.jpg

R.I.P. Neko :[

5,445,898,965th to 99 Woodcutting

Blogs are dead

Speaking about something you have never experienced is sort of stupid. :unsure:

Speaking about something you have never experienced is sort of stupid. :unsure:

I don't have to go to Detroit to know it sucks. Same reason I can say that runecrafting sucks for money even though I'm not 91 nor do I train it anymore.

He was still wrong - javelins are useless weapons. Bronze Knives > Rune javelins; bronze bolts > rune javelins; bronze arrows > rune javelins...

Morrigan's Javelins are very good weapons.

And runecrafting sucks. It maxes at about 1.6m/hour with 91+ runecrafting. I can make 1.6m/hour with any number of methods with lower skills, OR I could go make, 2m, 3m, 5m+ per hour killing various monsters.

Also, due to the huge amount of stupidity in a lot of rants (including this one), you're supposed to troll the OP. Kthxbai. ;)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Throwing axes... the alternitive to javelins, however are just as good as knives, but sadly not as well dropped.

OT: I just stuff mine in the ge and I usually get some gp for em, fine by me. :smile:

pretty sure i got a rune thrown axe drop from dks the other day, unless i just dropped mine and looked at it again (lol..)

pretty sure i got a rune thrown axe drop from dks the other day, unless i just dropped mine and looked at it again (lol..)

Dagannoth Supreme drops 7-9 Rune Thrownaxe on occasion.

Ellysian.png

Javelins were bad weapons to begin with.

I can only see them being improved if Jagex tweaks them to give out better accuracy and a higher damage rate. Those two factors would convince more people to use them. It took me quite a while to sell the rune javelins I collected from slayer drops on the Grand Exchange.

Throwing Weapons and Darts are bad as well. The Dragon Longsword and 2-Hander certainly aren't given respect either.

It's all about the Whip and the God Swords these days.

Yep, supreme drops 7-9 rune thrownaxes.

GWD goraks can also drop 1 steel or 1 mith thrownaxe. Yetis can also drop 13 or 16 steel thrownaxes. And there's a zombie in Tarn's lair that drops 1 bronze thrownaxe.

That's it.

Brutal green dragons drop rune thrownaxes regularly.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png