Tip.it Times 21 March 2010

Mirror

While I appreciate the effort, you are quite a long chunk off. I can guarantee it is not a polynomial less than order 98 as the langrangian method i used will get a guaranteed perfect formula for any power less then the number of items. I did try various exponentials and iterative formulae too but cannot make as bold a statement as to guarantee it's not one, just that it's not a simple one. as we are looking to extrapolate values, we have to be very careful with formulae to be accurate. One thing we can say is the levels past 99 require huge exp! You have your lvl 149-150 needing 200m exp, can you imagine the thrill of being the first to get lvl 150 and discover a new item to be made, or a new ore to mine (which takes about a day per ore ;))

If you look again you will clearly see the 200,000,000 mark is just before level 126 (the column labeled Intermediate), not level 149-150. You are misplacing your commas. I admit I could have formatted that a little better.

The Level label is a bit misleading; as the XP matches to the points for the next level (i.e., 83 gets you to 2, 13034431 gets you to 99)

I didn't come up with the formula, but it matches every level from 1-99; I have no reason to believe it's different above 99.

Ah, so it's offset by a level, meaning the true formula XP(L)=XP(L-1)+FLOOR(X-1+6.1224*(x-1)^2)/4, or rather that the xp difference is FLOOR(X-1+6.1224*(x-1)^2)/4. being a function of X-1 rather an X definately would break the lagrangian formula. Kudos to the one who developed it

For the record, i meant that from 149-150 there is a 200m exp difference. 149 = 2,033,749,558 ; 150 = 2,245,441,392

Uhm: by noticing every 7 levels the amount of xp doubles you should be thinking about "powers" f(x) = n ^ X type functions... Otherwise you'll never get the idea that every 7-levels the xp doubles.. clearly not a polynom

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember doing summations of polynomials, it was an area that was rarely of value to my degree. I can say that i did try fitting of exponential formulae without sucess, it's not that simple. I'd also point out that the "doubles every 7 levels" is not accurate, especially for the majority of the lower levels where it doubles around every 5 or the very low levels where it's obviously highly skewed

Creater of QuestRanker

"I hate it when my target's die laughing, makes me think my fly is open or something"

-Me