Willow Prices

Skeptical

I know that willow logs are basically useless, unless they're all you can fletch/burn/cut.

Why, however did they drop from 30, to 15 coins (after the G.E. was released) and then to the 8gp they are now?

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

First of all, after the GE was released everything dropped a bit in price regardless of what it was. But, some items had a floor on them (willow logs for one) so they could not drop and thusly became unsellable even at minimum. Also, as mentioned above, maple logs became the new willow logs of RuneScape because of how easy and cheap they became. After many items becoming stuck in the GE with regards to price updates, Jagex intervened and changed some mechanics, floors, and ceiling on items and with willows at their unsellable state, they were due to be changed.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Ahh, yea, that makes sense. I wondered if it had anything to do with people becoming more aware of better alternatives.

I just was thinking about the days when I was charging 30 gold a log as a supplier to fletchers.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Also, most bots that exist to this day that are undetectable (Which is easy) mainly cut willows. At Draynor / Seers.

It's not just bots, everyone in f2p cuts willows.

this is also what is causing the price to drop

[hide=]whocowman.png[/hide]

goals:

next 4: 53 agility, 76 fishing, 63 hunter level 85 melee skills

rest of goals:100+ combat, all songs

completed:55 slayer

2543432.jpg

Basically, the limited use of willows and the massive amount f2p brings into the game coupled with the removal of willows price floors mean that they have finally dropped to a very low price. Massive supply and little demand so prices drop, and drop, and drop, and drop. What the removal of the price floor demonstrates is the influence Jagex has on prices. Many items have reached their ceilings or floors. Jagex has massive potential to influence prices by removing the floors and ceilings in place at the GE.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Cheap (8gp) willows means you can buy 99 fletching for just over 3 million gp, or 99 firemaking for just over 1.1 million. Things surely have changed.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Simple answer: price floor removals. A lot of items had their price floors removed so they can actually become sellable.

Maples are far more often used than willows, which means not many people shall use willows.

Willows are still good for people who lack cash though.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Keep in mind that there is always a better alternative for some items.

For Willows --> best experience, so high supply. Yet for using, maples are better in every way.

If you want more examples:

Tuna --> hardly ever used, but there is a high amount of them, due to Swordfish (which are caught along with them) being high. Therefor it is widely used as raw to cook. But cooked tuna.. mwah. (yet swordfish isn't used in members, due to monkfish being cheaper)

Tarromorin herbs --> Tough gathered a lot.. there isn't much use to them. The ''lower'' herbs as marrentil / guam are even worth more then this. Every alternative is better ;)

There are more examples ;) but willows are an extreme form. (perhaps think onion seeds)

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

Also, most bots that exist to this day that are undetectable (Which is easy) mainly cut willows. At Draynor / Seers.

It's not just bots, everyone in f2p cuts willows.

And they fail oaks are better geepees and way less crowded so... better xp in reality.

Oh baby light the dark side...

Willows have always been the F2P woodcutting staple, similar to iron and coal are to mining but with much less demand. Remember, armor is almost never considered junk, but anything you can make with willow logs is. And the only other thing you can do is burn them.

Guide - How To Prepare For (And profit From) Free Trade & the Return of the Wilderness

rune-tips-banner.jpg

2.17B Total Wealth ~ The Original Grand Exchange Merchant

And they fail oaks are better geepees and way less crowded so... better xp in reality.

Unless you cut willows at rimmington...

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

Unless you cut willows at rimmington...

Actually, there isn't that much difference in terms of exp, maybe 25%. I tested out oaks and could make like 100k gp per hour in F2P which is pretty good.

As to why willows are so cheap:

Ever since MTK people were getting maples for the same price that willows used to be. Maples are better in every way so willows crashed pretty hard but stayed decently valuable because people held onto their maples. Once the GE came out, everyone used the simplicity of it to offload all of their maples which made them crash. Then willows which had a street of 15-20 gp each became worth like 5-10 gp each on the street. I remember buying willows for 10 gp each on W1 and selling them for 22 gp each (the floor price at the time) in the GE. I could double my money every week for the first little while until other people started puting in mass amounts of willows as the trade limits loomed. Then once the trade restrictions hit, everyone was forced to dump their willows onto the GE. I put 100 willow logs onto the GE the day before the trade restrictions took effect and it took over 2 months to sell them all. Thats how many willows were in the market already.

Cheap (8gp) willows means you can buy 99 fletching for just over 3 million gp, or 99 firemaking for just over 1.1 million. Things surely have changed.

According to GE the difference between yew logs + bow string is only about 3 gp off from yew longbows. And it's a lot faster. I don't think fletching willows would be worth it past 70.

As for firemaking, there's really no reason to use willows as maples aren't that much more expensive. I got 99 FM from just the maples I got from MTK.

400px-Surplus_from_Price_Floor.svg.png

The grey triangle became released into the market when the GE price floor was removed.

Although yes, demand for them has also fallen with the fall in the price of maples too.

edtheripperpixelsigv2zy8.png

Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.

99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.

Anyone at Manchester University PM me

I'd rather throw myself off a cliff than get 99 fletching/firemaking through willows. :(

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I remember when I bough 99 firemaking way back in 2007 of willows for around 3.3mill. That was when the willows were really starting to drop in price.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I actually almost made that mistake: I did them until about lvl 92, my first (unsuccessful) attempt at 99.

Then I just went back a did magic longs until 99. XD