jagex advertisement

Aiel

If they are using google for ads, it shows up on any site that is funded by adsense; It could be major websites to blogger blogs. Some are good resources, some are bad, but the point is, Jagex doesn't get to choose what websites their ads are placed on.

I just hope it does bring in some more people to the game, I don't care who they are or how old they are. More and more people are quitting and RS just need more players.

I just hate seeing people quitting because they are whiney butts over Jagex having updates that they don't like or take the time to understand. (Well, boohoo, get over it or /wrist please.)

Yeppers.png

Art in my avatar was drawn for me by the love of my life. <3

Play free, but you'll have to pay if you want to access the content we've shown in the advertisement!

The advertisement is pretty OK, but the fact that they say "Play free" and show Member content is just plain stupid.

Exactly, if they want to show a boss, it should be Elvarg since he is basically the "endgame" quest for f2p. He's cooler than the CB anyway. :razz:

At least they aren't using large-breasted women for their ads. [/evony rant]

runescape_140x190_new.jpg

What a...

Image from zapak site.

Image from when the Indians opened RS

They should've used Megan Fox. She is more "animated".

edit:

[hide=3 minutes in photoshop]

If Runescape were to do Evony-style ads:

2icbqzc.png

[/hide]

It looks like an advertisement for runescape. :mellow:

This. Though, because of seeing so many Evony ads, I'd be skeptical to click that ad if I didn't know what Runescape was.

My dad plays Evony because he saw their add I saw him on it and literally screamed with laughter(sp?)

Power2o.png
Power2ho.png

At least they aren't using large-breasted women for their ads. [/evony rant]

runescape_140x190_new.jpg

What a...

Image from zapak site.

Image from when the Indians opened RS

They should've used Megan Fox. She is more "animated".

Okay this is kinda cheap... But whatever, it's their game :P.

Saw RuneScape ads pop up (Graardor, K'rill, Corp) on the site where I watch my series all week now, but I wasn't sure if RS advertisement was new or not. In my opinion there's nothing wrong with Jagex advertising their game. The whole argument that RuneScape will fill with kiddies doesn't really mean much to me, as I won't notice the difference.

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

The advert is certainly eye-catchy enough. Somehow though, it kind of solidifies to me how much Rs has changed. Jagex has to understandably catch up with the other MMOs on the advertising front and cannot solely rely on word of mouth anymore. It was refreshing during the days that they devoted focus to the game over promotion. To me if the game is solid enough on its own, it will almost advertise itself. But thats naive thinking in today's world I suppose. Ah well, the more players Rs draws in the better the chance that this game will not run out of steam and Jagex will start churning out better updates. Again, kind of wishful thinking on my part :P.

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Thanks for the great memories folks :).

Doesn't really say "Runescape" to me. Reminds me of those Evony ads. What you see aint what you get...

Woot! Mewtwo! I knew someone would have it! =D

On topic, it could be good, getting new players. It could also be bad, depending on the players gotten.

Either way, the art on the ad is awesome. =p

magneton.gif

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

I also think its good they're advertising. If youve looked lately free play worlds are getting pretty empty, and there really arent alot of real new players around. If everyone whos going to play a game like this sees the other adds and heads there, runescape will continue to get no players... With more people leaving the game then joining jagex is going to have to either completely shut down the game or lay off staff and bring less updates, well in a while atleast. New players = good imo :D.

Perhaps Jagex are embarrassed of their ingame graphics so they have to rely on concept art to sell their game? That or F2P doesn't have anything worth offering..

Runescape has good ingame graphics.

technically yes they are, but comparatively? most non-browser based MMO's beat them hands down. Honestly the reason I think most people care is because its change...and judging by the recent updates forum after the constitution update, change is greater then or equal to 2012. :-o

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Perhaps Jagex are embarrassed of their ingame graphics so they have to rely on concept art to sell their game? That or F2P doesn't have anything worth offering..

technically yes they are, but comparatively? most non-browser based MMO's beat them hands down. Honestly the reason I think most people care is because its change...and judging by the recent updates forum after the constitution update, change is greater then or equal to 2012. :-o

Comparatively to other browser based MMO, Runescape has good ingame graphics. Comparing to non-browser based....is like me comparing the graphics of non-browser games to this:

outside.jpg

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

Comparatively to other browser based MMO, Runescape has good ingame graphics. Comparing to non-browser based....is like me comparing the graphics of non-browser games to this:

outside.jpg

wait there's NPC's IRL?

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

outside.jpg

wait there's NPC's IRL?

Yes. The government has specifically engineered hundreds of self-aware holograms called "celebrities". These "celebrities" act with no brains or self-control so they are therefore NPCs.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

outside.jpg

wait there's NPC's IRL?

Yes. The government has specifically engineered hundreds of self-aware holograms called "celebrities". These "celebrities" act with no brains or self-control so they are therefore NPCs.

but they have terrible AI...

DM0Yq2c.png

outside.jpg

wait there's NPC's IRL?

but they have terrible AI...

That will be changed in an expansion pack.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Why are they advertising that its free with a member's monster?

Oh, okay. They should advertise with a Cow instead, that'll pull in the subscriptions!

45,657th to 99 Range 29/09/09 , 41,018th to 99 Mage 13/11/09

rangecapecombined.gif__________________magiccapecombined.gif

I'm very pleased and somewhat disappointed that someone brought up the difference between browser and non-browser based games. For a second I thought I could have got some pictures from various games such as Shayia and others. Glad I read it all the way through or I would have looked pretty..um... stupid to say the least.

If you really look at it though, They are pretty similar.

- Free to play (to some extent)

- Quick sign up, downloading Shayia (as an example) took almost no time at all

- Has a pay to play extention

The difference is in depth e.i. Runescape has non-combat skills, and it's not class based.

And on the topic of advertisement, some of the non-browser based games, at least one for sure, have killer advertisement videos.

EDIT: I was having trouble thinking of their names lol.

another example of the non-browser based games would be: WoW -facepalm-, as well as that space game EVE. I'm sure there has to be more of them though.

mbtz.jpg

Do keep a level head my friend,

in times when Danger rears its head

Against excessive joy defend,

O, my comrade doomed to die.

Arigorn_380.png

ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς