Runescape 'Instant-Demo'

Arch_Tyrant

Off the top of my head (havnt played in a year )

* Graphical updates for the whole world

* Clan Wars

* Bounty Hunter

* Security Stronghold

* Duel Arena

And you say F2P is not updated? I'm sure there are tons I've missed as well

-Clan Wars, Bounty Hunter, and Duel Arena were in exchange for the Wilderness... No New content

-Stronghold of Security/Player Safety was initially implemented so the ADD 10 year olds who wouldn't read the game guide would learn how not to be stalked/hacked.... Not Content, just the rules presented in a way that kids who won't read will learn (which they removed all references to?)

-Graphics: The Demo is part of the whole game. You can't update the full game without updating that part of the demo too.

To reiterate: The ONLY reason that Jagex says it is not a demo is so they can receive free publicity from the record books for "World's Largest/Best Free MMO/Online Game." F2P is a demo.

You don't even know what a demo is. F2P has no limits. You can do everything in the game without limitations. If you want expanded content, you can purchase the Members expansion. Stop being ignorant.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

* Clan Wars

* Bounty Hunter

* Security Stronghold

* Duel Arena

-Clan Wars, Bounty Hunter, and Duel Arena were in exchange for the Wilderness... No New content

-Stronghold of Security/Player Safety was initially implemented so the ADD 10 year olds who wouldn't read the game guide would learn how not to be stalked/hacked.... Not Content, just the rules presented in a way that kids who won't read will learn (which they removed all references to?)

-Graphics: The Demo is part of the whole game. You can't update the full game without updating that part of the demo too.

To reiterate: The ONLY reason that Jagex says it is not a demo is so they can receive free publicity from the record books for "World's Largest/Best Free MMO/Online Game." F2P is a demo.

You don't even know what a demo is. F2P has no limits. You can do everything in the game without limitations. If you want expanded content, you can purchase the Members expansion. Stop being ignorant.

Ok. Since F2P has no limits, why don't you walk through Taverly gate, walk to Rogue's Den, and AFK monks while WBM'ing on the RSOF all while playing the demo? Go for it. If you want the full game, you pay $5 for something you do 8+ hours a day anyway.

EDIT: Best TIF Quote ever.

I don't see what the film advertisers are thinking. If F2Pers won't pay $6/month to upgrade from a demo (to the full game) they play 12+ hours/week, why would they pay $7.50 to go see a 2 hour movie?

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

* Clan Wars

* Bounty Hunter

* Security Stronghold

* Duel Arena

Ok. Since F2P has no limits, why don't you walk through Taverly gate, walk to Rogue's Den, and AFK monks while WBM'ing on the RSOF all while playing the demo? Go for it. If you want the full game, you pay $5 for something you do 8+ hours a day anyway.

I don't see what the film advertisers are thinking. If F2Pers won't pay $6/month to upgrade from a demo (to the full game) they play 12+ hours/week, why would they pay $7.50 to go see a 2 hour movie?

I'm normally a lurker on these forums because of all the Wanna-Be-Modding, but I decided to make an account. Studio1417 is absolutley right. Jagex HAS even admitted that F2P is a demo with this new "instant-demo." Now you can play the free demo even faster without wasting time making an account. This will surely bring in a new wave of Mini-Clip-Generation esque players who lack the damn patience to even make an account. Off-Topic: This is upsetting seeing a WB(RS)M going on the attack every time someone claims Jagex HAS done somthing wrong. This was most prevelent with the awful HP update, but now even when Studio has kindly proved that F2P is a demo, you guys go on the attack. This is getting downright pathetic. Jagex is a business and they're willing to make a few lies to their customers (and free loaders) for from free publicity from Guiness World Records.

TWO FATHOMS - Omnitec Slayer

mysignature.png

WTF PWNED!

* Clan Wars

* Bounty Hunter

* Security Stronghold

* Duel Arena

I'm normally a lurker on these forums because of all the Wanna-Be-Modding, but I decided to make an account. Studio1417 is absolutley right. Jagex HAS even admitted that F2P is a demo with this new "instant-demo." Now you can play the free demo even faster without wasting time making an account. This will surely bring in a new wave of Mini-Clip-Generation esque players who lack the damn patience to even make an account. Off-Topic: This is upsetting seeing a WB(RS)M going on the attack every time someone claims Jagex HAS done somthing wrong. This was most prevelent with the awful HP update, but now even when Studio has kindly proved that F2P is a demo, you guys go on the attack. This is getting downright pathetic. Jagex is a business and they're willing to make a few lies to their customers (and free loaders) for from free publicity from Guiness World Records.

no

Zerker_jane.png

* Clan Wars

* Bounty Hunter

* Security Stronghold

* Duel Arena

no

That was a very intelligent and well thought-out reply. You cleary know what you're talking about.[/sarcasm] You're part of the problem, sorry to say. Once you know you're wrong, you have nothing intelligent left to say. You resort to short answers, repeating failed points, and power in numbers (which means nothing). You're pathetic.

mysignature.png

WTF PWNED!

* Clan Wars

* Bounty Hunter

* Security Stronghold

* Duel Arena

I would disagree, the new instant demo isn't even all of F2P, its the starter area, so in a sense, it is a demoo of F2P, and members is the expansion pack (although a rather large one).

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

What part of "Members is an expansion of the F2P game" do you not understand? F2P is its own game. Taverly is NOT in F2P. The F2P game itself has no limits. Therefore, its not a demo.

The instant demo IS a demo because there are many limits and restrictions. You can only reach level 20, you can only do certain quests, etc. Learn what demos are.

m normally a lurker on these forums because of all the Wanna-Be-Modding, but I decided to make an account. Studio1417 is absolutley right. Jagex HAS even admitted that F2P is a demo with this new "instant-demo." Now you can play the free demo even faster without wasting time making an account. This will surely bring in a new wave of Mini-Clip-Generation esque players who lack the damn patience to even make an account. Off-Topic: This is upsetting seeing a WB(RS)M going on the attack every time someone claims Jagex HAS done somthing wrong. This was most prevelent with the awful HP update, but now even when Studio has kindly proved that F2P is a demo, you guys go on the attack. This is getting downright pathetic. Jagex is a business and they're willing to make a few lies to their customers (and free loaders) for from free publicity from Guiness World Records.

You literally just made up everything you said. Jagex hasn't said anything about the demo other than it exists and its for a quick introduction to the game. The demo has nothing to do with F2P. You sound like you're 12 years old and lack the comprehension required to understand what Jagex says.

* Clan Wars

* Bounty Hunter

* Security Stronghold

* Duel Arena

I would disagree, the new instant demo isn't even all of F2P, its the starter area, so in a sense, it is a demoo of F2P, and members is the expansion pack (although a rather large one).

There is now an INSTANT demo. This implies that before this, there was a demo that was NOT instant, AKA F2P.

The starter area has nothing to do with this. That is the replacment for Tutorial Island (teaching you the skills, not "slaying a dragon") that interferes with the rest of the game with the annoying gates.

mysignature.png

WTF PWNED!

^ No, an instant demo means that no account creation is required to play the demo. Why don't you stop assuming things?

What part of "Members is an expansion of the F2P game" do you not understand? F2P is its own game. Taverly is NOT in F2P. The F2P game itself has no limits. Therefore, its not a demo.

The instant demo IS a demo because there are many limits and restrictions. You can only reach level 20, you can only do certain quests, etc. Learn what demos are.

m normally a lurker on these forums because of all the Wanna-Be-Modding, but I decided to make an account. Studio1417 is absolutley right. Jagex HAS even admitted that F2P is a demo with this new "instant-demo." Now you can play the free demo even faster without wasting time making an account. This will surely bring in a new wave of Mini-Clip-Generation esque players who lack the damn patience to even make an account. Off-Topic: This is upsetting seeing a WB(RS)M going on the attack every time someone claims Jagex HAS done somthing wrong. This was most prevelent with the awful HP update, but now even when Studio has kindly proved that F2P is a demo, you guys go on the attack. This is getting downright pathetic. Jagex is a business and they're willing to make a few lies to their customers (and free loaders) for from free publicity from Guiness World Records.

You literally just made up everything you said. Jagex hasn't said anything about the demo other than it exists and its for a quick introduction to the game. The demo has nothing to do with F2P. You sound like you're 12 years old and lack the comprehension required to understand what Jagex says.

Nothing was made up. Take a damn business class once you get to high school in 3-4 years. He's 100% right. This forum has majorly gone down hill since the WBM epidemic. The demo is F2P, now there is an INSTANT version of said demo. You say I can't comprehend, yet it seems you can only read every other line. Here's a hint: read everything. A demo is a demonstration of a full game. F2P is the demonstration of RuneScape. Jagex attempts to hook players in to the real game with a free demo like many large retail games. Notice how on the "What is RuneScape?" page, they say "over 15,000 hours of gameplay!" but then drastically lower that on the log in screen to "5,000+"? Jagex is willing to lie for business. It's a victimless crime, get over it and go cry more. They're not the perfect angels you like to suck up to.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Nothing was made up. Take a damn business class once you get to high school in 3-4 years. He's 100% right. This forum has majorly gone down hill since the WBM epidemic. The demo is F2P, now there is an INSTANT version of said demo. You say I can't comprehend, yet it seems you can only read every other line. Here's a hint: read everything. A demo is a demonstration of a full game. F2P is the demonstration of RuneScape. Jagex attempts to hook players in to the real game with a free demo like many large retail games. Notice how on the "What is RuneScape?" page, they say "over 15,000 hours of gameplay!" but then drastically lower that on the log in screen to "5,000+"? Jagex is willing to lie for business. It's a victimless crime, get over it and go cry more.

Um, i'm in my 2nd year of college. And yes, everything he said was made up. Jagex has always stated that F2P is a full game. And it is. Every piece of content in F2P has no limitations. Therefore, F2P is not a "demonstration" of anything. F2P doesn't demonstrate the dragon scimitar. F2P doesnt demonstrate Taverley. Thats because there is no MEMBERS content in F2P, not even in a limited state. Members is an expansion to the game that is F2P.

You don't know what the hell you're talking about. You're talking about your opinion of F2P, not the fact of what it actually is.

The log-in screen doesnt say Instant Demo | Demo | Members. The only reason why its called "instant" is because it doesn't require any account creation or process. You can instantly play the game.

^ No, an instant demo means that no account creation is required to play the demo. Why don't you stop assuming things?

Nothing is being assumed except the fact that you can't understand anything. BASIC economics.

Internet advertising is usless. No one clicks on advertisements.

Television ads are too expensive.

Newspaper/magazine ads are ineffective for a game with children like yourself who don't read.

What's the best FREE advertising? PUBLICITY.

What is a GREAT way to get publicity? A world record.

"Most popular free game." is sure to attract tens of thousands of new kids who check out the record books from their school libraries.

AND by every legitimate definition, F2P is a demo.

-Free

-Greatly limited content

-Updates once in a blue moon

-You run out of NEW things to do in a matter of hours

-The full game waiting on the other side of that $5 bill in your wallet (or piggy bank in your instance)

mysignature.png

WTF PWNED!

Doesn't RuneScape already have a demo version? It's called f2p. I mean, it's basically a demo version. It's not updated and has limited content, just like a demo.

And in a demo you can only do a certain amount of things before you can't go any further.

How many times must it be repeated to make people understand, F2p isn't a demo!!

This would be like...Gnome copters. Except you can actually do things yourself (Very limited amount, I'm sure. I've not actually seen it nor heard of it before now.)

A tech demo (technology demonstration) is a prototype, rough example or an otherwise incomplete version of a product, put together with the primary purpose of showcasing the idea, performance, method or the features of the product. ...

demo version, can refer either to an early, barely-functional version of a program which can be used for demonstration purposes as long as the operator uses exactly the right commands and skirts its numerous bugs, deficiencies, and unimplemented portions, or to a special version of a program (frequently with some features crippled) which is distributed at little or no cost to the user for enticement purposes.

Bugs testing is no so much anymore.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

Nothing was made up. Take a damn business class once you get to high school in 3-4 years. He's 100% right. This forum has majorly gone down hill since the WBM epidemic. The demo is F2P, now there is an INSTANT version of said demo. You say I can't comprehend, yet it seems you can only read every other line. Here's a hint: read everything. A demo is a demonstration of a full game. F2P is the demonstration of RuneScape. Jagex attempts to hook players in to the real game with a free demo like many large retail games. Notice how on the "What is RuneScape?" page, they say "over 15,000 hours of gameplay!" but then drastically lower that on the log in screen to "5,000+"? Jagex is willing to lie for business. It's a victimless crime, get over it and go cry more.

Um, i'm in my 2nd year of college. And yes, everything he said was made up. Jagex has always stated that F2P is a full game. And it is. Every piece of content in F2P has no limitations. Therefore, F2P is not a "demonstration" of anything. F2P doesn't demonstrate the dragon scimitar. F2P doesnt demonstrate Taverley. Thats because there is no MEMBERS content in F2P, not even in a limited state. Members is an expansion to the game that is F2P.

You don't know what the hell you're talking about. You're talking about your opinion of F2P, not the fact of what it actually is.

The log-in screen doesnt say Instant Demo | Demo | Members. The only reason why its called "instant" is because it doesn't require any account creation or process. You can instantly play the game.

Lost sheep believing everything you hear. Just because a company SAYS something, that doesn't make it true. Look at any commercial for a product. They hype it up, it looks all great, and then when you get it, it's a piece of [cabbage]. They SAY it's NOT a demo to keep their infamous world record. Sorry to tell you this, but Jagex is a BUSINESS in the REAL world. In this "real world" there is what is called an "economy," where other businesses compete for your money. Now, when the economy becomes bad, businesses become "desperate." They lose loyal customers for financial reasons and need to replace them fast. What's the best way to do that? LIE.

Let me demonstrate a lie to you right now: "Wanna-be-mods contribute more than lulz to TIF." See how easy that was? I can make a blatantly false statement and little sheep will quote me saying that WBMs contribute something. You'll be screwed in the real world if you believe everything you hear. You better watch out for that.

Hamtaro.png

Nothing is being assumed except the fact that you can't understand anything. BASIC economics.

Newspaper/magazine ads are ineffective for a game with children like yourself who don't read.

"Most popular free game." is sure to attract tens of thousands of new kids who check out the record books from their school libraries.

-Free

-Greatly limited content

-The full game waiting on the other side of that $5 bill in your wallet (or piggy bank in your instance)

I'm going to enjoy proving you wrong.

-Free: So if a game is free then it's a demo? Tell that to all the excellent free online games that are supported by micro-transactions.

-Greatly limited content: Again, you don't understand what you're talking about. None of the content in F2P is limited. F2P is not a smaller version of Members. Members is an expansion of the F2P game.

-Updates once in a blue moon: A game does not need to be updated to be considered a game. The most popular online game right now, World of Warcraft, only gets a patch once every few months. Tell the 10 million+ subscribers that they arent playing a game.

-The full game waiting on the other side: F2P is the full game. There is a paid expansion called Members.

Lost sheep believing everything you hear. Just because a company SAYS something, that doesn't make it true. Look at any commercial for a product. They hype it up, it looks all great, and then when you get it, it's a piece of [cabbage]. They SAY it's NOT a demo to keep their infamous world record. Sorry to tell you this, but Jagex is a BUSINESS in the REAL world. In this "real world" there is what is called an "economy," where other businesses compete for your money. Now, when the economy becomes bad, businesses become "desperate." They lose loyal customers for financial reasons and need to replace them fast. What's the best way to do that? LIE.

Let me demonstrate a lie to you right now: "Wanna-be-mods contribute more than lulz to TIF." See how easy that was? I can make a blatantly false statement and little sheep will quote me saying that WBMs contribute something. You'll be screwed in the real world if you believe everything you hear. You better watch out for that.

I don't care if you think Jagex is lying. You can jump on the anti-Jagex bandwagon all you want. The fact of the matter is that F2P has no limits and they are right to say that it is not a demo. I don't even think you have ever played a demo if you think F2P is a demo.

-Free

-Greatly limited content

-Free: So if a game is free then it's a demo? Tell that to all the excellent free online games that are supported by micro-transactions.

-Greatly limited content: Again, you don't understand what you're talking about. None of the content in F2P is limited. F2P is not a smaller version of Members. Members is an expansion of the F2P game.

-Updates once in a blue moon: A game does not need to be updated to be considered a game. The most popular online game right now, World of Warcraft, only gets a patch once every few months. Tell the 10 million+ subscribers that they arent playing a game.

-The full game waiting on the other side: F2P is the full game. There is a paid expansion called Members.

I don't care if you think Jagex is lying. You can jump on the anti-Jagex bandwagon all you want. The fact of the matter is that F2P has no limits and they are right to say that it is not a demo. I don't even think you have ever played a demo if you think F2P is a demo.

I'm not on an anti-Jagex bandwagon. There have only been four updates in 6 years that have pissed me off. Just because you don't understand basic economic principles does not mean I hate Jagex by any means. I've only sent them ~$260 in this 4 year period. I enjoy playing RuneScape, not the RuneScpae demo. If the demo was the game, why the hell would I bother to CONTINUALLY pay for "an expansion." Sorry but my bull[cabbage] detector is off the charts. Please go back and WBM on RSOF, instead of spamming TIF.

Thanks, Studio1417

Hamtaro.png

Im sorta impressed at this, and had a go at it.

Laughed my [wagon] off though, :thumbup:

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

I

'm not on an anti-Jagex bandwagon. There have only been four updates in 6 years that have pissed me off. Just because you don't understand basic economic principles does not mean I hate Jagex by any means. I've only sent them ~$260 in this 4 year period. I enjoy playing RuneScape, not the RuneScpae demo. If the demo was the game, why the hell would I bother to CONTINUALLY pay for "an expansion." Sorry but my bull[cabbage] detector is off the charts. Please go back and WBM on RSOF, instead of spamming TIF.

Thanks, Studio1417

You obviously lack the mental capacity to step back and think outside of your own subjective terms. The content in F2P has nothing to do with economic principles. I'm not talking about how Jagex advertises their game, I couldn't care less. I'm talking about F2P being a demo, and I've already proven it isn't. As you haven't responded point-by-point to my retorts, I know that you have realized that there is no possible way you could prove that F2P is actually a demo and you have just resorted to flaming. I think I win here.

"Why the hell would i bother to continually pay for an expansion." Ummm... Because the Members expansion is an MMO, and monthly payments are required for the upkeep of any MMO. Learn basic economic principles, rofl.

Thanks, Xxshady

-Free

-Greatly limited content

Good job proving nothing except that you can't understand anything. Individually, my points mean nothing. F2P shows ALL of those characteristics which, funnily enough, are the same damn characteristics of a DEMO. Funny how that works?

P.S. WoW sucks. Don't use it as an example until you've played the piece of crap. If you think the RS community sucks, try WoW and you'll be blown away.

P.P.S. Ouch Studio just destroyed your argument and you respond with "u stupid i smart i win" arguments. VERY impressive for a "second year college student." LOL You're either a VERY clever troll or a reallllllly pathetic WBM. This is too stupid to deal with lmao. Thanks for proving my inititial point about TIF's community going WAY downhill.

mysignature.png

WTF PWNED!

-Free

-Greatly limited content

Good job proving nothing except that you can't understand anything. Individually, my points mean nothing. F2P shows ALL of those characteristics which, funnily enough, are the same damn characteristics of a DEMO. Funny how that works?

P.S. WoW sucks. Don't use it as an example until you've played the piece of crap. If you think the RS community sucks, try WoW and you'll be blown away.

Umm.. i'm a level 80 Elemental Shaman with a GearScore of 5600. I've cleared half of IceCrown Citadel. I'm sure you don't know what the hell i'm talking about, because YOU have never played WoW. World of Warcraft is an excellent game and is ahead of Runescape by years.

F2P shows all of those characteristics, yet I proved that those characteristics aren't the characteristics of a demo at all. You can deny it all you want, you got proven wrong and you can't deal with it. Keep calling F2P a demo and see where it gets you. Spoilers: Nowhere

FTP is clearly not just a demo but ever since members came out all those years ago I don't think FTP was meant to either be the full game or the main representation of runescape.

FTP is a charming little game in its own right and yes, there's no limits on FTP stuff (I.E When have you ever received a message along the lines of "you've reached the maximum smithing level available in FTP click here to get members"). I personally see FTP as a bridge to PTP. If you so choose you can indeed never get members but after a certain amount of time experiencing what FTP has to offer the majority of people (maybe even all people who can financially) will upgrade to members; which is ofcourse what Jagex ultimately wants.

So in other words, I think FTP is NOT a demo but it IS designed to entice new players and prepare them for their eventual journey into members.

Zerker_jane.png

FTP is clearly not just a demo but ever since members came out all those years ago I don't think FTP was meant to either be the full game or the main representation of runescape.

FTP is a charming little game in its own right and yes, there's no limits on FTP stuff (I.E When have you ever received a message along the lines of "you've reached the maximum smithing level available in FTP click here to get members"). I personally see FTP as a bridge to PTP. If you so choose you can indeed never get members but after a certain amount of time experiencing what FTP has to offer the majority of people (maybe even all people who can financially) will upgrade to members; which is ofcourse what Jagex ultimately wants.

So in other words, I think FTP is NOT a demo but it IS designed to entice new players and prepare them for their eventual journey into members.

Exactly. Too bad some members of this community are too young/[developmentally delayed]ed to see FTP for what it really is.

There is now an INSTANT demo. This implies that before this, there was a demo that was NOT instant, AKA F2P.

The starter area has nothing to do with this. That is the replacment for Tutorial Island (teaching you the skills, not "slaying a dragon") that interferes with the rest of the game with the annoying gates.

you can also (From what I've heard in this thread, I haven't bothered to test it myself) only play in the starter zone in the instant demo. stop inferring things and acting superior :thumbdown:

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

you can also (From what I've heard in this thread, I haven't bothered to test it myself) only play in the starter zone in the instant demo. stop inferring things and acting superior :thumbdown:

True that.