autoers still a problem?

gotsol

Wow, that's really cheap for something as reusable as a bot..

That's only for the GDK script though. If you want the miner, fisher, wc'er, etc, that's $10-15 for each (or $3-5, wherever you get it from), which starts to add up. But if you don't suicide bot, the ban rates are quite low. Getting 99 agility or mining is not uncommon over 2-3 months.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ The point was the player mod is able to talk to the player, even if their chat is off. If they don't respond to a mod talking, they're either afk, botting, or really grumpy.

If a player mod talks to me while I have private chat OFF I hope it's a very serious matter, not something simple as wether I bot or not.. You know: maybe I have private chat on for a reason? (I don't want to be bothered by questions).. If a pmod asks me such a question I consider that very rude, and I will probably simply ignore the pmod!

What? Are you serious? Wow...

uhm isn't it common sense not to disturb one if he doesn't want to be disturbed?

You should also notice, I very, very rarely don't react to others.. (as friends around me will quickly tell: I'm one of the first to help new (clan) members out). - So if I don't want to be disturbed, I really don't want to be!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

^ The point was the player mod is able to talk to the player, even if their chat is off. If they don't respond to a mod talking, they're either afk, botting, or really grumpy.

If a player mod talks to me while I have private chat OFF I hope it's a very serious matter, not something simple as wether I bot or not.. You know: maybe I have private chat on for a reason? (I don't want to be bothered by questions).. If a pmod asks me such a question I consider that very rude, and I will probably simply ignore the pmod!

Even if a Pmod does talk to another player, if they think they are botting, they would naturally observe you for a while. I guess its more so on judgment calls since I know alot of players out there multitask alot, and doesn't spend alot of time in the RS window itself.

On the subject of AFKing, if you are right beside the computer, then it would be alright, I called it AFW, away from RS window, as you could be checking out forums and stuff, I even know several players play Starcraft, CS, txing on phone, and RS all at same time ( yeah, its insane)

But if you leave you computer to go to bathroom or get a drink, I guess a few feet away, it would be considered as AFKing, unless you use wireless keyboard mouse, and have this remote goggle that allows you to transmit the info from video card itself which allow to play wireless since you can still have interaction with the input and affect the game (That would be pretty cool).

On term of that, with the new lobby feature now, I wonder if you can log to lobby and then leave the computer and do something else and come back to enter the world again. Strict definition aside, it would be AFKing, but then again, you are not in the world training anyways? Well, at least you have the risk of someone entering your room still and mess around if you are not careful

a happy Runescaper

Even if a Pmod does talk to another player, if they think they are botting, they would naturally observe you for a while. I guess its more so on judgment calls since I know alot of players out there multitask alot, and doesn't spend alot of time in the RS window itself.

On the subject of AFKing, if you are right beside the computer, then it would be alright, I called it AFW, away from RS window, as you could be checking out forums and stuff, I even know several players play Starcraft, CS, txing on phone, and RS all at same time ( yeah, its insane)

But if you leave you computer to go to bathroom or get a drink, I guess a few feet away, it would be considered as AFKing, unless you use wireless keyboard mouse, and have this remote goggle that allows you to transmit the info from video card itself which allow to play wireless since you can still have interaction with the input and affect the game (That would be pretty cool).

On term of that, with the new lobby feature now, I wonder if you can log to lobby and then leave the computer and do something else and come back to enter the world again. Strict definition aside, it would be AFKing, but then again, you are not in the world training anyways? Well, at least you have the risk of someone entering your room still and mess around if you are not careful

Even if you are multitasking you still have to come back to the game to click on your next monster / rock / tree so you should be able to see people talking to you.

To clear things up for some people, simply being AFK isn't againt the rules. AFK TRAINING is against the rules. Its fine if you leave your little guy standing at the GE while you go grab a cup of tea or something, but if you leave your acc logged on and say, sitting in the middle of agressive monsters, that's what is against the rules.

As for the lobby, when it was released a J Mod said it was usefull because you didn't have to enter your password every time you had to use the washroom or go to grab some tea. So yeah, leaving your acc logged on in the lobby is fine because, like you said, you're not activly in the world playing.

EDIT:

As you don't need to enter your password to go from the lobby into the game, this should make things much more convenient when you want to change worlds or take a short break.

When I was going for 99 fishing, I came across A LOT of people accusing me of being a bot :/ I wouldn't reply to anything that I felt was stupid or annoying. After *maybe* 30 seconds, I would often be accused of macroing >.> This is when I started playing with public on friends :lol: My ignore list is full of useless p mods who feel they have to comment on random stuff. I have never used a bot.

Tl'dr

"AMG U R Bot cuz i R Talk 2 U n u R Not RespONd i r REPorT U" doesn't get accounts banned :mellow: I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one who plays like me :P

That's only for the GDK script though. If you want the miner, fisher, wc'er, etc, that's $10-15 for each (or $3-5, wherever you get it from), which starts to add up. But if you don't suicide bot, the ban rates are quite low. Getting 99 agility or mining is not uncommon over 2-3 months.

How would you know? I thought only atom smash "knew" about bots

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

How would you know? I thought only atom smash "knew" about bots

I "check up" on their forums every now and then :thumbup:

I met a guy in real life who does power training in Wow and Runescape. He uses that green dragon bot to power level accounts. He payed like 20 bucks for it and has made a few thousand by power leveling multiple accounts. Between that and his Youtube partner channel, he pays for college and lives nicley.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

I met a guy in real life who does power training in Wow and Runescape. He uses that green dragon bot to power level accounts. He payed like 20 bucks for it and has made a few thousand by power leveling multiple accounts. Between that and his Youtube partner channel, he pays for college and lives nicley.

Hmm.. *how can I abuse runescape to make irl gps*..

I owe £12k to the student loans company already.. fml

Hmm.. *how can I abuse runescape to make irl gps*..

I owe £12k to the student loans company already.. fml

1. get a good account

2. sell to gold farming site

3. wait a month

4. recover

5. repeat steps 2-4

6. profit

:thumbsup:

could also be non talkers just in a rotation. Could try bringing a player mod by to ask them.

thats seems pretty hard, i mean 5-10 in identical rotation? plus you have to consider its next to impossible to see a player mod in game, for me at least. Ive played rs since it was rsc way back in the day and have only seen a handful of player mods never a actually jagex mod (gold crown). not to mention how many player mods would believe me and follow me all the way to chaos druids in edge dungeon? Ive found pvp worlds to be quite empty and great training, and money making.

RSN: 1 day late | Private chat: On

| 60 ATTACK | 81 STRENGTH | 72 HITPOINTS |

| 80 MAGIC | 13 PRAYER | 1 DEFENSE | 65 COMBAT |

When I was going for 99 fishing, I came across A LOT of people accusing me of being a bot :/ I wouldn't reply to anything that I felt was stupid or annoying. After *maybe* 30 seconds, I would often be accused of macroing >.> This is when I started playing with public on friends :lol: My ignore list is full of useless p mods who feel they have to comment on random stuff. I have never used a bot.

Tl'dr

"AMG U R Bot cuz i R Talk 2 U n u R Not RespONd i r REPorT U" doesn't get accounts banned :mellow: I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one who plays like me :P

Personally, I think its your choice if you want to respond or not. If Pmod did report you, they probably not going to tell that they did in the first place. Overall, the evidence is submit to Jagex to determine anyways.

If you don't break any rules, you have nothing to worry about despite what anyone said. So yeah, ignore list is your best friend at avoid making confrontation

a happy Runescaper

Macroing is now used mostly by lazy people who want levels, as opposed to goldfarmers looking for a profit. Honestly, since they don't hog resources anymore, they make little impact on most scapers.

Guide - How To Prepare For (And profit From) Free Trade & the Return of the Wilderness

rune-tips-banner.jpg

2.17B Total Wealth ~ The Original Grand Exchange Merchant

Autoers aren't near as frequent as they used to be of course but they are still out there. I've seen two during the past two days cutting magics. <_<

That's pretty much the case, at least 2 is reportable and worth our time, unlike in the past, probably 30 per tree.

The number of autoers now is probably slightly more than pre auto age, but significantly smaller than RWT age.

The thing would be you will never be able to get rid of them, but at least minimize the potential for a need of them

a happy Runescaper

Tl'dr

Personally, I think its your choice if you want to respond or not. If Pmod did report you, they probably not going to tell that they did in the first place. Overall, the evidence is submit to Jagex to determine anyways.

If you don't break any rules, you have nothing to worry about despite what anyone said. So yeah, ignore list is your best friend at avoid making confrontation

I beg to differ, I still have been muted in the past for "spamming" in Clan Wars Fights "tt on person, tt on person, ...". This happened after Jagex Mods stated that such type of "spam" couldn't get you muted.

10y3vig.png

proudtitan.png

I beg to differ, I still have been muted in the past for "spamming" in Clan Wars Fights "tt on person, tt on person, ...". This happened after Jagex Mods stated that such type of "spam" couldn't get you muted.

This could have been a player mod. Jagex doesn't directly control who they mute and why, and I know all of them aren't completely up to snuff with the Jagex guidelines.

Guide - How To Prepare For (And profit From) Free Trade & the Return of the Wilderness

rune-tips-banner.jpg

2.17B Total Wealth ~ The Original Grand Exchange Merchant

I haven't been down there in a very long time, I'll check it out sometime.

I remember the old days though when there were 20odd autoers cutting yews south of fally.

Haven't noticed too many autoskillers lately, but autotalkers yes. Luckily I'm able to mute more autotyping than I used to be able to, but it still can be hard to tell what is and what isn't (although some is very, very obvious lol...)

Edit: In response to the post above me, it sometimes is that case, but usually it's changes in guidelines. We get a lot of changes from time to time, none that can be released as it is not in the knowledge base though. All the same, if you're muted for a week that's jagex extending it. We mute for 48 hours.

Edit of an Edit: If you suspect someone of autoing in all seriousness, then just report them. Jagex won't ban you for being concerned for the community.

-=EB World=-

-Sara - 13 hilt 43 ss

-Bandos - 1 BCP, 1 Hilt

Yeah, I know a few people in my high school who bot and sell accounts. They make about $1000 a month, without doing jack. I would do it, but it would kill my conscience =X

Lol what conscience? It's a game. Remember that RL > RS. You could pay your way through school, like Duke Freedom.

OT: I don't condone or promote cheating in any way, so don't do it. It's against teh rules.

Yeah, I know a few people in my high school who bot and sell accounts. They make about $1000 a month, without doing jack. I would do it, but it would kill my conscience =X

Lol what conscience? It's a game. Remember that RL > RS. You could pay your way through school, like Duke Freedom.

OT: I don't condone or promote cheating in any way, so don't do it. It's against teh rules.

That's the problem, as long mentality like that exist, there will always be botters around. Sure you are making good money and stuff, but it's like breaking the rules to earn the money, and justify that its ok because its a game. Well that just kind of blurrs out the moral for many things. Then people would justified that the people that in China that used to work in gaming sweat shops are trying to earn money too to actually make a earning not trying to get better flashy gadget like teens in North America. Who knows, maybe 10 hours to them would equal a decent meal or bag of rice that last for several days. Even it sounds legitimate, its still not right down in the sense.

I also hear people talking about it as well, and it seems like the less impact it has on real life, the less important it is, people just get desensitize to those kind of things because its not a big deal to everyone. I guess only time it will affect is when every server has 1.5k autoers, and all the legitimate player quits and RS have to close down its door to make it somewhat significant? I mean, it's only a game, and no one is dying over it (that was sarcasm), it just mean that some hundred of people lost their jobs to maintain the game, and players simply lose another form of entertainment (of course, this is greatly exaggerated)

I always go by this rule, when you are about to do something, if that voice inside your mind that tells you its good or bad, then its probably the honest truth. Too many times people just choose to ignore it, or justify it to make it sounds ok.

a happy Runescaper

Dude I've sent you PM's before about your bad influence and bad attitude...

Everyone knows your online attitude is a reflection of your RL character. It worries me in your case...

ON TOPIC:

I must say in member areas (except for autotypers & merch clan recruiters) I haven't seen any obvious autoing in a while.

When I log my pure and go wc'ing in free worlds I notice an incredible amount of willow autoers.

What the point is isn't clear, since they can't transfer their wealth anymore but there are many of them.

I also heard on other forums that the newest trend is auto enchanting bolts.

It seems it's a very huge business to gain fast wealth on their own account.

The purpose of botting has changed, making cash from it is almost impossible (also the reason why I can't believe people make $1000 from it)

and when I listen to stories about it. Gold selling isn't a booming business anymore, but nowadays you actually have to hand out your login details to get items. Like you can buy items for cash, give them your login details and when you login back to your acc the item is there...

If Jagex could find out how they do that they can also take steps against that. That way they can ban another illegal business

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

I would like to remind people that discussion of bots is fine, but names, locations and information on how to bot are not allowed. If something you post gives somebody else the ability to bot from it, for example naming a bot and them being able to google it, it has a high chance of being removed. Please try to be as vague as possible around this subject.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

[hide]

[/hide]That's the problem, as long mentality like that exist, there will always be botters around. Sure you are making good money and stuff, but it's like breaking the rules to earn the money, and justify that its ok because its a game. Well that just kind of blurrs out the moral for many things. Then people would justified that the people that in China that used to work in gaming sweat shops are trying to earn money too to actually make a earning not trying to get better flashy gadget like teens in North America. Who knows, maybe 10 hours to them would equal a decent meal or bag of rice that last for several days. Even it sounds legitimate, its still not right down in the sense.

I also hear people talking about it as well, and it seems like the less impact it has on real life, the less important it is, people just get desensitize to those kind of things because its not a big deal to everyone. I guess only time it will affect is when every server has 1.5k autoers, and all the legitimate player quits and RS have to close down its door to make it somewhat significant? I mean, it's only a game, and no one is dying over it (that was sarcasm), it just mean that some hundred of people lost their jobs to maintain the game, and players simply lose another form of entertainment (of course, this is greatly exaggerated)

I always go by this rule, when you are about to do something, if that voice inside your mind that tells you its good or bad, then its probably the honest truth. Too many times people just choose to ignore it, or justify it to make it sounds ok.

Again, it's what you value more. Either being moral in a game to earn yourself some e-rep or have some extra spending money irl. One is tangible, the other is not.

You're saying you'd rather see some guy in China not being able to feed his family because he'd be breaking the rules in a game? Where's the logic in that?

You'll never have servers filled with bots. These days, scripters aren't stupid enough to give their scripts away for free, at least not the good ones. Not like in RSC where you had 90% of the players on STS (this bot is long dead, so name doesn't matter). Plus there will always be guys like you that think it's immoral to cheat in a game.

And there is no voice in my head telling me botting is wrong. I'm not saying I bot, but I just don't care when I see someone doing it. I make a distinction between real life and a game.

[hide]

[/hide]

Dude I've sent you PM's before about your bad influence and bad attitude...

Everyone knows your online attitude is a reflection of your RL character. It worries me in your case...

ON TOPIC:

I must say in member areas (except for autotypers & merch clan recruiters) I haven't seen any obvious autoing in a while.

When I log my pure and go wc'ing in free worlds I notice an incredible amount of willow autoers.

What the point is isn't clear, since they can't transfer their wealth anymore but there are many of them.

I also heard on other forums that the newest trend is auto enchanting bolts.

It seems it's a very huge business to gain fast wealth on their own account.

The purpose of botting has changed, making cash from it is almost impossible (also the reason why I can't believe people make $1000 from it)

and when I listen to stories about it. Gold selling isn't a booming business anymore, but nowadays you actually have to hand out your login details to get items. Like you can buy items for cash, give them your login details and when you login back to your acc the item is there...

If Jagex could find out how they do that they can also take steps against that. That way they can ban another illegal business

Yea I didin't reply to that last PM because I didn't think it was worth my time trying to make sense of your circular logic.

1. it's not obvious like with the asian bots, but they're there

2. there are so many willow bots because there's a very good free willow script (think of it as a demo for their paid scripts). The volume of botters is the only thing that makes it obvious, as you can't make the script completely randomized

3. most of the time you bot either to sell the acc for money irl or to suicide, see how far you can get

4. I think you're behind on this one. Afaik [a certain minigame] bots are really popular now. You can bot 24/7 for weeks/months without a ban. A lot of the maxed pures you see now are from the [minigame] bot. Theres's even a guy that got 99 slayer at lvl 3 cb...

5. you can make $1000/month from it. You can buy P2P on a cheating site for ~$3. The only thing limiting the number of bots you can run are your PC specs, as Jagex doesn't do IP bans, etc

6. a lot of times you pay to have some asians farm gold on your account. But there are still very fast transfer methods that aren't patched. Most require certain quests, etc though. Easy way to get rares is to just buy it for trade and fill the difference with $, but that's an obvious one

7. I'm tired of writing and I have a report to finish so I'll just stop here, cba writing lengthy replies

I've been pvp'ing alot lately and I simply refuse to believe that all those lv60s-70s wearing hunter capes have earned them themselves.

Even more furious is, is if they're running around with claws

A lot of them are getting the banhammer now, as they've become so common that legit players are reporting them when they see them hunting chins