autoers still a problem?

gotsol

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Autoing is illegal, of any kind. Botting is simply asking yourself for easy levels only to find out the next day that Jagex permantantly banned your account.

Just play legitimately and follow the rules. I don't know what else to tell you guys.

General information.

Edit:

To the poster below me; that's a good point, however, if they are on all or public then it's noticeable. No way is perfect, and honestly I think it's a waste of my time to go down to a bot infested area for some chat testings. Just report the guy and let jagex handle it if you have serious suspicions.

-=EB World=-

-Sara - 13 hilt 43 ss

-Bandos - 1 BCP, 1 Hilt

^ The point was the player mod is able to talk to the player, even if their chat is off. If they don't respond to a mod talking, they're either afk, botting, or really grumpy.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't show up if you are in the Clan tab or private tab, which I regularly am in while in busy areas (eg. rocktails, GE, etc.). It will only show up if you put private to off and are on public or all.

WarBlastoise.png

Yeah, I know a few people in my high school who bot and sell accounts. They make about $1000 a month, without doing jack. I would do it, but it would kill my conscience =X

Lol what conscience? It's a game. Remember that RL > RS. You could pay your way through school, like Duke Freedom.

OT: I don't condone or promote cheating in any way, so don't do it. It's against teh rules.

That's the problem, as long mentality like that exist, there will always be botters around. Sure you are making good money and stuff, but it's like breaking the rules to earn the money, and justify that its ok because its a game. Well that just kind of blurrs out the moral for many things. Then people would justified that the people that in China that used to work in gaming sweat shops are trying to earn money too to actually make a earning not trying to get better flashy gadget like teens in North America. Who knows, maybe 10 hours to them would equal a decent meal or bag of rice that last for several days. Even it sounds legitimate, its still not right down in the sense.

I also hear people talking about it as well, and it seems like the less impact it has on real life, the less important it is, people just get desensitize to those kind of things because its not a big deal to everyone. I guess only time it will affect is when every server has 1.5k autoers, and all the legitimate player quits and RS have to close down its door to make it somewhat significant? I mean, it's only a game, and no one is dying over it (that was sarcasm), it just mean that some hundred of people lost their jobs to maintain the game, and players simply lose another form of entertainment (of course, this is greatly exaggerated)

I always go by this rule, when you are about to do something, if that voice inside your mind that tells you its good or bad, then its probably the honest truth. Too many times people just choose to ignore it, or justify it to make it sounds ok.

Who is Duke Freedom?

@ guy who doesn't believe me about 1k irl money...

There are multiple account buying/selling websites which can easily buy accounts and give you money through paypal. There was a thread a little while ago about rs money = irl money. I don't remember much except like 1million gp = 75cents irl. Then like theres categories of hard/medium/easy skills and they add value.

FEARLESStag.jpg
stuff.png

what i'm doing now:

soundcloud.com/student1

[hide]

Yeah, I know a few people in my high school who bot and sell accounts. They make about $1000 a month, without doing jack. I would do it, but it would kill my conscience =X

Lol what conscience? It's a game. Remember that RL > RS. You could pay your way through school, like Duke Freedom.

OT: I don't condone or promote cheating in any way, so don't do it. It's against teh rules.

That's the problem, as long mentality like that exist, there will always be botters around. Sure you are making good money and stuff, but it's like breaking the rules to earn the money, and justify that its ok because its a game. Well that just kind of blurrs out the moral for many things. Then people would justified that the people that in China that used to work in gaming sweat shops are trying to earn money too to actually make a earning not trying to get better flashy gadget like teens in North America. Who knows, maybe 10 hours to them would equal a decent meal or bag of rice that last for several days. Even it sounds legitimate, its still not right down in the sense.

I also hear people talking about it as well, and it seems like the less impact it has on real life, the less important it is, people just get desensitize to those kind of things because its not a big deal to everyone. I guess only time it will affect is when every server has 1.5k autoers, and all the legitimate player quits and RS have to close down its door to make it somewhat significant? I mean, it's only a game, and no one is dying over it (that was sarcasm), it just mean that some hundred of people lost their jobs to maintain the game, and players simply lose another form of entertainment (of course, this is greatly exaggerated)

I always go by this rule, when you are about to do something, if that voice inside your mind that tells you its good or bad, then its probably the honest truth. Too many times people just choose to ignore it, or justify it to make it sounds ok.

[/hide]

Who is Duke Freedom?

One of the richest and most respected merchants who got banned for RWT a few years ago. I believe he got about $20k out of his pixels to pay for school. Would've got much more if he didn't get banned.

If anyone remembers r2pleasent, also one of the big merchants at the time, he's now a big player in the RWT market. His account was banned, but he's still richer then ever. I don't even know how much this guy made off this game over the years, but it's well above what Duke Freedom made.

[hide]

[/hide]

Who is Duke Freedom?

One of the richest and most respected merchants who got banned for RWT a few years ago . I believe he got about $20k out of his pixels to pay for school. Would've got much more if he didn't get banned. If anyone remembers r2pleasent (sp?), also one of the big merchants at the time, he's been a big player in the RWT market as well.

That is roughly 3.3~ billion GP sold. There are hundreds of people who have that much if not way more. If he was a good(skilled or good at hacking) staker, he could make that in a few days to a couple of weeks.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

[hide]

[/hide]

Who is Duke Freedom?

One of the richest and most respected merchants who got banned for RWT a few years ago . I believe he got about $20k out of his pixels to pay for school. Would've got much more if he didn't get banned. If anyone remembers r2pleasent (sp?), also one of the big merchants at the time, he's been a big player in the RWT market as well.

That is roughly 3.3~ billion GP sold. There are hundreds of people who have that much if not way more. If he was a good(skilled or good at hacking) staker, he could make that in a few days.

Afaik he didn't manage to sell a lot. Back then it was ~$4/M, now it's down to ~$1/M or less.

[hide]

[/hide]

Who is Duke Freedom?

That is roughly 3.3~ billion GP sold. There are hundreds of people who have that much if not way more. If he was a good(skilled or good at hacking) staker, he could make that in a few days.

Afaik he didn't manage to sell a lot. Back then it was ~$4/M, now it's down to ~$1/M or less.

Ahh ok, I was guessing 6 dollars a mill.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[hide]

[/hide]

Who is Duke Freedom?

Uhm whe're talking about 2006-2007 here.. People weren't quite near those amounts of money, crackers were still regularly being sold for 500-600M back then.

Anyways, that won't even nearly pay of his educations..

Costs alone for uni are 3000 euros a year here in the netherlands (duke freedom was from the netherlands).. An average "good" study takes 7 years to accomplish: 21000 euros.. Now add to that books (another 1000 euros a year), rent for a room (300 euros a months, 3600 euros yearly).. And then we don't even have food, social life and beer counted yet!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Before he got banned Duke Freedom was selling millions for $4 each. If he made $20,000, that's 5 billion GP. Considering that this was this in 2006, it would probably be the same as making 20 - 25 billions in today's Runescape...

When I was younger I sold membership for 2 - 3m to Russian players who didn't have access to things like PBP or Paypal, or just didn't want to spend real life money. I would than sell 1m for $15-$20 dollars (begging of 2005). I remember making something like $300 US in a month or so aha. (this was a long time ago)

Before he got banned Duke Freedom was selling millions for $4 each. If he made $20,000, that's 5 billion GP. Considering that this was this in 2006, it would probably be the same as making 20 - 25 billions in today's Runescape...

When I was younger I sold membership for 2 - 3m to Russian players who didn't have access to things like PBP or Paypal, or just didn't want to spend real life money. I would than sell 1m for $15-$20 dollars (begging of 2005). I remember making something like $300 US in a month or so aha. (this was a long time ago)

just remember what you say on these forums alot of moderators from runescape looks around here, especially a topic i made about autoers so just watch what you say, about admitting to real world trading.

RSN: 1 day late | Private chat: On

| 60 ATTACK | 81 STRENGTH | 72 HITPOINTS |

| 80 MAGIC | 13 PRAYER | 1 DEFENSE | 65 COMBAT |

just remember what you say on these forums alot of moderators from runescape looks around here, especially a topic i made about autoers so just watch what you say, about admitting to real world trading.

It's not a problem as this was almost 5 years ago, on long forgotten accounts. I quit Runescape anyways, so I don't think I would care that much if this account got banned for whatever reason.

It's not a problem as this was almost 5 years ago, on long forgotten accounts. I quit Runescape anyways, so I don't think I would care that much if this account got banned for whatever reason.

Keep in mind, Jagex have been known to ban accounts owned by the same person who used/uses a separate account to break rules.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

I saw like 3 in each world at the Chaos Druid Tower (I think it's called that). You could tell that they were bots because they all had similar equipment, 5-lettered, nonsense names, and they just showed actions that a bot would display.

ibiteu2death.png

[hide=Funny Quote]

Cbow! Cbow!!!!! +120 range is orgasmic. Or maul, thats what I'd get out of those two options.

I agree with baconisbacon, Cbow looks freaking sensual

Runescape: Where strong weapons bring sexual pleasure.

The size of the e-peen0r is directly proportional to the rarity/power of one's equipment.

[/hide]

[hide]

[/hide]

Keep in mind, Jagex have been known to ban accounts owned by the same person who used/uses a separate account to break rules.

Jagex won't ban anyone for something they said on tif, as they have no proof that's actually their real RSN. RSOF, sure, but not tif. And the only time they'll actually do an IP ban is for something like phishing or keylogging, and even then it has to be really serious. For RWT they'll only ban the accounts that get caught, and for macroing they used to ban by UID (not sure if they still do that, as bots can easily bypass that now).

Autoing is illegal, of any kind. Botting is simply asking yourself for easy levels only to find out the next day that Jagex permantantly banned your account.

Just play legitimately and follow the rules. I don't know what else to tell you guys.

General information.

Since I mentioned its the type of mentality that some people are with, so I don't expect everyone to follow that kind of rules. As long as there are people around, there will never be a unified concept.

Still just like Justin said, for the most part, play it right, and don't break rules.

Since most people could use many things to justified their action, so by no means that I disagree with those that mentioned how RWT trading and selling since they are stating the facts. Its again, human nature. No one is perfect

a happy Runescaper

General information.

Since I mentioned its the type of mentality that some people are with, so I don't expect everyone to follow that kind of rules. As long as there are people around, there will never be a unified concept.

Still just like Justin said, for the most part, play it right, and don't break rules.

Since most people could use many things to justified their action, so by no means that I disagree with those that mentioned how RWT trading and selling since they are stating the facts. Its again, human nature. No one is perfect

This discussion is "Are autoers still a problem", not "Are autoers legal in game".

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

This discussion is "Are autoers still a problem", not "Are autoers legal in game".

Fair enough, you can't help to get side tracked in those kind of topic

Autors are still around, but they no longer stands as a major threat compare to before, that's all.

a happy Runescaper

Training agility i was called an autoer by some folks bc I was running like a madman... Well I'm using pies on gnome course and don't want to waste pie halves.. I talk to folks though unlike some chaps there.. are there still autoers at greens?!

RSN: drgnslyer15

Drgnslyer15.png

15 skills 90+ - 10 skills 99 - 200m+ total exp