How much would whip cost if it could train strength?

ilovesilvia

How much do you think whip would cost if jagex released an update where the special is slightly improved, and it could train strength? The new special would use up 50 percent of the special bar and take away 40 run energy. I think whip would rise to around 15m.

LOL.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much do you think whip would cost if jagex released an update where the special is slightly improved, and it could train strength? I think whip would rise to around 15m.

I don't think the price would surpass that of the Saradomin Sword.

Well the whip can train strength, it has a controlled option. It jsut lacks an out and out strength (aggressive) option. I doubt it would impact the price that much, after all strength or no strength it still pretty much the only weapon (for general use) the encompasses speed (fastest in-game wep speed u can get atm), accuracy (comapred to other high end weps the whip is verrryyyy accurate) and decent hits (not as epic as the ss or gs etc can pour out but decent enough that the speed and accuracy make for one of the highest dps in game)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

How much do you think whip would cost if jagex released an update where the special is slightly improved, and it could train strength? I think whip would rise to around 15m.

Yea it would, whip can be used with a defender.

Definitely in the first couple of weeks it'd rise to about 30M (as do most new items/updates), and then it drop down to around 10M and hover about there.

There are so many whips in the game, I'm sure there'd be almost no effect.

Wrong. Check out the graphs (if they still exist) for when the Dragon Claws, Dark Bow, Royal Armour, for when they came out. Check out those rises. And you have no clue how quickly whips would be bought out. It'd be a matter of seconds.

My prediction would be it would settle at the same price it is now, or maybe up a few 100k.

You may initially be inclined to think that a whip would rise above a saradomin sword's current price because a whip would be undeniably better. This is half true - the demand for whip would exceed the saradomin sword's. However, the supply of whips greatly exceeds the supply of saradomin swords, so the price would be much lower.

Saradomin sword would drop to probably like 3m, since it's still the best weapon for waterfiends.

Like other people have said before me, EVERYBODY pretty much has a whip already anyway... so there wouldn't be much of a difference.

Think if they would have made it so that you can only kill abby demons while on task back when they were first released... now that would make a huge difference. :thumbup:

I think they would still be at the 10-15M mark.

aiel.png

The saradomin sword is only worth so much because it is the fastest strength training weapon in the game, if whip got the update, then it would no longer be.

LOL.

Like other people have said before me, EVERYBODY pretty much has a whip already anyway... so there wouldn't be much of a difference.

Think if they would have made it so that you can only kill abby demons while on task back when they were first released... now that would make a huge difference. :thumbup:

I think they would still be at the 10-15M mark.

Interesting. Maybe true, I've had over 30 whips from camping there. They are an excellent source of money and charms. Obviously most whips in the game were originally dropped to campers.

The key question is: How many people don't own a whip because of its inability to train strength, who would now go get one?

The answer is "not many", because the whip is already a "must own" weapon, even if it doesn't let you train strength (only -- it has a controlled option of course).

Any increas in price would also result in more campers anyway. It would not be worth much more than it is now.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

The saradomin sword is only worth so much because it is the fastest strength training weapon in the game, if whip got the update, then it would no longer be.

Let me clarify: I don't think the whip would surpass the current price of the Saradomin Sword.

Obviously the ss would become obsolete, and the price of it would drop drastically.

The key question is: How many people don't own a whip because of its inability to train strength, who would now go get one?

The answer is "not many", because the whip is already a "must own" weapon, even if it doesn't let you train strength (only -- it has a controlled option of course).

Any increas in price would also result in more campers anyway. It would not be worth much more than it is now.

The controlled option also gives defence xp, which is why people who don't want to train defence won't use the whip. But if it could have an aggressive attack style, then all the pures and people who won't train defence will be rushing to buy one, causing mass increase in price.

It would be the same price, because Jagex would never do that.

This thread is completely hypothetical. :ugeek:

LOL.

another question, what would the price of zammy spear or saradomin sword be if they where 1 handed?

id guess 15m zammy spear (divine + zs = corp, dfs + zs = dragons for those without herblore), also a 1h crush wep

20m for ss, ss + rune def would be better than whip (just barely due to pray bonus and str and spec) so it would be new slayer weapon, also it can be a 1h crush wep

a_final_name.png

another question, what would the price of zammy spear or saradomin sword be if they where 1 handed?

id guess 15m zammy spear (divine + zs = corp, dfs + zs = dragons for those without herblore), also a 1h crush wep

20m for ss, ss + rune def would be better than whip (just barely due to pray bonus and str and spec) so it would be new slayer weapon, also it can be a 1h crush wep

That would be epically hilarious! I want my DFS + ZS combo now :P

But yea, as everyone said, whip is the weapon EVERYONE and their cat has, so I'd say in the short term greedy merchers would raise it to 15m because so many pures would be trained after because they could whip everything, but then it'd drop to a max of 1m above it's current price..... but then again..... how did it get to 3-4m (haven't looked at graph in ages) from the 1.2m that I bought it at about this time last year? :-?

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Wrong. Check out the graphs (if they still exist) for when the Dragon Claws, Dark Bow, Royal Armour, for when they came out. Check out those rises. And you have no clue how quickly whips would be bought out. It'd be a matter of seconds.

But those were when they were new and no one had them, and we're talking about an item that has been ingame for years and there are thousands of them existing.

But those were when they were new and no one had them, and we're talking about an item that has been ingame for years and there are thousands of them existing.

Diztrict doesn't know what he's talking about.

zammy spear wouldn't rise too much

It'd go from best stab weapon to... well it would still be the best stab weapon.

furthermore it'd still be less effective than a whip due to its lower max hit

Saradomin sword on the other hand, would rise a great deal. 20 mil would be likely. 30 mil a possibility.

not many people own Saradomin swords, unless they want to train strength or fight something with crush.

if SS became one handed, it would become the best weapon for general slayer. Every slayer would want one, and that's a fairly large number of people.

I'd wager that a good portion of them don't already own saradomin swords.

Naaxi.png

they would definately be bought out instantly and for a few days be worth a crazy "street price", and as this would now become a good weapon for pures and such they would definately rise in price abit, but as they are so common i do agree that theyd probably end up only a mill higher if that.

If SS and ZS where one handed though, then whip would crash and these would be quite over powered. Zs easily 10-15m+ for dragons,corp ect, and its fairly rare (zammy gwd is relatively empty). SS would also go fairly high, maybe 20m+ as it would become the best all round weapon, but sara gwd is quite packed and ss realyl isnt that rare (although compared to whip its very rare)