How much would whip cost if it could train strength?

ilovesilvia

I would be willing to bet a small increase. Mabey a max of... 3-5mill increase. But I really have no idea.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if whip got ajusted as to add an agresive option, after the rants in the rsof, it would shoot up in price then be dumped by the merchers and drop, but still far abouve its normal price.

more or less at the same time the ss will drop in price.

i dont know if it will be a higher price this the ss, as the ss is harder to get then the whip (most likely someone will quote this and say sgw is easy, well even if it is its still a lot harder and slower then killing abisal demons)

sort of going of topic but if the whip was made to train strength then realisticly the ss would likely also get a boost keeping the price, reletive to each other, about the same.

if you want a spesific number, then dont ask me. :blink:

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Dude the reason they where high price when they came out was because not many people had them. Alot of people have abby whips so the price would acctually decline. More people own an item = less price. Update = more price. But as you would still get them the same way. update+people selling=less in ge. So it would drop to about 2.8 mil.

Dude the reason they where high price when they came out was because not many people had them. Alot of people have abby whips so the price would acctually decline. More people own an item = less price. Update = more price. But as you would still get them the same way. update+people selling=less in ge. So it would drop to about 2.8 mil.

No... Using your logic if we made granite mauls hit 990s then they would fall in price because of people selling there new epic weapons at min price as rapidly as possible to people who would only buy a few to make the price drop?

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

No... Using your logic if we made granite mauls hit 990s then they would fall in price because of people selling there new epic weapons at min price as rapidly as possible to people who would only buy a few to make the price drop?

:thumbup:

LOL.

The whip would only increase a little, but the saradomin sword would drop quite a bit. It may be the best weapon at waterfiends, but not by much. Plus most people are still under the impression that gs's and zs's are the best.

wl7w9j.png

It would hardly raise because most people who haven't maxed Strength yet still own a whip for stuff other than training ;)

EDIT: Well no they would triple in price but I wasn't taking merchants into account.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

"Everybody" has a whip. Don't think the price will change much. Maybe a bit up.

I expect that the price of the saradomin sword will crash. Since it will serve little purpose after a whip/strength update/nerf.

This. The whip won't go up all crazy like, because people like me, who have several whips in the bank, will start selling.

I'll sell mine next time I'm at the GE and I remember. I keep forgetting >.>

newsigh.jpg

It wouldn't really increase the price, maybe by 2m at most. Sure more people would want them, but that just means more people would camp at the demons for them, the large influx of them would then drop their price again, it would be useful but it wouldn't make a major difference. The points raised about SS's and ZS's is quite good though.

4sDIn.png

Definitely in the first couple of weeks it'd rise to about 30M (as do most new items/updates), and then it drop down to around 10M and hover about there.

It'd probably rise to about 15-20m then lower to 5-7m

Quagsire.png

Definitely in the first couple of weeks it'd rise to about 30M (as do most new items/updates), and then it drop down to around 10M and hover about there.

It'd probably rise to about 15-20m then lower to 5-7m

They probably wouldnt even go that high.

Theres a lotta whips in circulation.

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

Whip would go up like crazy because of manipulators and merchers and probably stabilize maybe 2m more than its current price because almost everyone who does combat owns one anyway. SS would crash to about 2m because the only use it has left is for it's crush but the ZS is just as good so well it's almost useless.

Those are just guesses there's really no way to say an accurate price.

they would definately be bought out instantly and for a few days be worth a crazy "street price", and as this would now become a good weapon for pures and such they would definately rise in price abit, but as they are so common i do agree that theyd probably end up only a mill higher if that.

If SS and ZS where one handed though, then whip would crash and these would be quite over powered. Zs easily 10-15m+ for dragons,corp ect, and its fairly rare (zammy gwd is relatively empty). SS would also go fairly high, maybe 20m+ as it would become the best all round weapon, but sara gwd is quite packed and ss realyl isnt that rare (although compared to whip its very rare)

if Zs was 1 handed, divines would be doubling in street and people would be able to solo 2 corps/trip even easier (still possible atm)

Well the whip can train strength, it has a controlled option. It jsut lacks an out and out strength (aggressive) option. I doubt it would impact the price that much, after all strength or no strength it still pretty much the only weapon (for general use) the encompasses speed (fastest in-game wep speed u can get atm), accuracy (comapred to other high end weps the whip is verrryyyy accurate) and decent hits (not as epic as the ss or gs etc can pour out but decent enough that the speed and accuracy make for one of the highest dps in game)

I have to point this out. This is one of my major RS pet peeves. People think the whip is so freaking fast. IT ISN'T.

Sorry about that. But, honestly. The whip is matched in speed by every single dagger in the game, the ZS, the SS I think, and every single scimitar. And short swords I think. As for strength...well, we have 3 level 70 tier weapons and one weapon over that, not including PVP items. That, to me, adds up to 4 high end weapons... The GS, ZS, SS, whip. The SS and whip are tied for strength and accuracy on slash, however the SS also has a crush option. Yes it is better then ZS on slash attack bonus and str bonus. The GS is well, slower and more powerful of course. However, the whip has the added advantage of being one handed and used with the defender, which makes it arguably higher accuracy and str then the SS as well.

Grawr. Had to get that out of the way. And yes, the SS would drop a lot if this happened.

they would definately be bought out instantly and for a few days be worth a crazy "street price", and as this would now become a good weapon for pures and such they would definately rise in price abit, but as they are so common i do agree that theyd probably end up only a mill higher if that.

If SS and ZS where one handed though, then whip would crash and these would be quite over powered. Zs easily 10-15m+ for dragons,corp ect, and its fairly rare (zammy gwd is relatively empty). SS would also go fairly high, maybe 20m+ as it would become the best all round weapon, but sara gwd is quite packed and ss realyl isnt that rare (although compared to whip its very rare)

I'm sorry, have you gone there recently? At least, on a friday night?

As for the whip not spiking...the moment Jagex does something to the whip that isn't negative or immediately perceived as negative, the price goes up. Proof: the price of the whip went up when the BA update, which allowed new colours of whips. Although, it wouldn't rise much, seeing as the whip essentially a staple for a high level period....Maybe some people just got it for different colours? 'o.O It wouldn't rise much though.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I have to point this out. This is one of my major RS pet peeves. People think the whip is so freaking fast. IT ISN'T.

I'm sorry, have you gone [to Zamorak GWD] recently? At least, on a friday night?

The whip has the best damage output for training of any melee weapon excluding Dharok's. Perhaps that's what he/she was referring to.

He/She said ZGWD is relatively empty, i.e. compared to Bandos/Armadyl/Saradomin. And even on a friday night you can still find empty worlds.

I'm sorry, have you gone [to Zamorak GWD] recently? At least, on a friday night?

The whip has the best damage output for training of any melee weapon excluding Dharok's. Perhaps that's what he/she was referring to.

He/She said ZGWD is relatively empty, i.e. compared to Bandos/Armadyl/Saradomin. And even on a friday night you can still find empty worlds.

Just curious, since i've never used dharok's.

is dharok's axe really that good? it is 1.75x slower, but you can already hit 50+ on undead with a salve

and i know dharok's max hit is on the order of ~100 with undead and full stats and low hp

I mean I guess it's possible that dharok's great axe could have slightly better damage rate than a whip, but no more than 10% under ideal conditions I'd imagine.

Naaxi.png

It would surpass the Sara Sword since that trains all styles and is 2H, where as the whip is 1 handed and trains all as well ... so I would reckon it would rise to around 15M?

Having said that, the SS would then become useless so its price would decrease significantly and maybe a whip would only rise to 10M instead?

smallerawesomesig.png

EU Leader | | CE Retired Admin | | TKO Retired Member | | SE Retired Member

Well the whip can train strength, it has a controlled option. It jsut lacks an out and out strength (aggressive) option. I doubt it would impact the price that much, after all strength or no strength it still pretty much the only weapon (for general use) the encompasses speed (fastest in-game wep speed u can get atm), accuracy (comapred to other high end weps the whip is verrryyyy accurate) and decent hits (not as epic as the ss or gs etc can pour out but decent enough that the speed and accuracy make for one of the highest dps in game)

Not as fast as knives

Madouge.png

Click the pic if you wanna see a Ranged Slayer blog.