Fishing to 99

Miller7204

At the moment I have 89 fishing and I'm fishing cavefish. Once I get to 90 fishing I plan on fishing rocktails to 99. I'm not concerned about speed, but I'd like to make some good profit on this 99. Recently i put in an offer for all the living minerals I'll need to get to 99 which was about 21k, totaling about 6.4m. I did this because I don't have the required mining level to mine them and I don't feel like mining all the way to 73 from 61 at the moment, anyways I figured if i don't use it all i could just sell it back because it is on the rise anyways and i think it'll either rise or stay around there towards the future. I'd like to know what you think about my actions. Am I getting ahead of myself or does it sound like a good plan? :mellow:

MY CAPES!

sig1.pngsig2.png

Dragon drops: Draconic Visage, Dragon Plateskirt, Dragon Med Helm, Dragon Platelegs

Other drops: Dragon Chainbody

e5lft5.png

Loot

↓↓

Verac's flail, Verac's skirt x2, Guthan's platebody x2, Guthan's warspear x3, Dharok's helm x2, Ahrim's hood, Ahrim's robeskirt, Torag's platelegs, Karil's top, Karil's skirt, Karil's crossbow x2

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The living rock minerals seem to have a pretty unstable price, you probably could have gotten them for cheaper, but honestly you're so close to 90 and by the time the prices fall again and get close to bottoming out you're probably better off just keeping them.

Lagatag.png

The living rock minerals seem to have a pretty unstable price, you probably could have gotten them for cheaper, but honestly you're so close to 90 and by the time the prices fall again and get close to bottoming out you're probably better off just keeping them.

So are you saying that what i did was a good idea?

MY CAPES!

sig1.pngsig2.png

Dragon drops: Draconic Visage, Dragon Plateskirt, Dragon Med Helm, Dragon Platelegs

e5lft5.png

Loot

↓↓

Verac's flail, Verac's skirt x2, Guthan's platebody x2, Guthan's warspear x3, Dharok's helm x2, Ahrim's hood, Ahrim's robeskirt, Torag's platelegs, Karil's top, Karil's skirt, Karil's crossbow x2

I'm sure it's a good id, if I were you I wouldn't got rocktail immediately at L90 though.

The people in my CC with 99 fish advice waiting till L95 and fishing sharks or cavefish till then.

Will be faster cash :)

I know you don't care about speed, but it's faster XP & faster cash

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

I'm sure it's a good id, if I were you I wouldn't got rocktail immediately at L90 though.

The people in my CC with 99 fish advice waiting till L95 and fishing sharks or cavefish till then.

Will be faster cash :)

I know you don't care about speed, but it's faster XP & faster cash

Yea I was also thinking about waiting a little like till lvl 92 or something but maybe i'll see how the speed is at 90 first. If it's not too bad I'll probably just stick with it.

MY CAPES!

sig1.pngsig2.png

e5lft5.png

Loot

↓↓

Ok good luck anyway :)

Plz update what you've decided once you've reached your goal. :)

I should get fish up soon too :(

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

Will do. There's always room where I'm fishing. :mrgreen:

MY CAPES!

sig1.pngsig2.png

e5lft5.png

Loot

↓↓

Hehe well not going berserk over fishing any soon. Still got over 1k of every good fish.

Thx to bunyips it's not needed to raise it any soon too, those green ugly creatures save me loads of time :)

Hehe well not going berserk over fishing any soon. Still got over 1k of every good fish.

Thx to bunyips it's not needed to raise it any soon too, those green ugly creatures save me loads of time :)

Bunyips pl0x! :unsure:

MY CAPES!

sig1.pngsig2.png

e5lft5.png

Loot

↓↓

Rocktail at level 90 are still faster than fishing monkfish. Never fish sharks they are terrible xp and money. You should gain 40-42k xp an hour at rocktail at your level.

Low_C.png

Rocktail at level 90 are still faster than fishing monkfish. Never fish sharks they are terrible xp and money. You should gain 40-42k xp an hour at rocktail at your level.

That's what I thought. Thank you very much for confirming this. :thumbsup:

MY CAPES!

sig1.pngsig2.png

e5lft5.png

Loot

↓↓

Thing is agent, rocktail are 260-300k gp per hour giving price fluctuations. Sharks are maybe 150k I'd have to test them but they are terrible xp.

Low_C.png

Yea, i've read numerous guides saying to never do them to train because their so slow.

MY CAPES!

sig1.pngsig2.png

e5lft5.png

Loot

↓↓

Thing is agent, rocktail are 260-300k gp per hour giving price fluctuations. Sharks are maybe 150k I'd have to test them but they are terrible xp.

yes now, but this was awhile ago before rocktail came out

agent_earl.png

agent_earl.png

ANAHEIM DUCKS

You have to consider, that the Living Rock Caverns is a fairly recent update. The reason people did Sharks was because they were by far the most profitable. This was even before Monkfish came out. People back then only used Lobsters and Sharks as Fishing for Profit.

Because of the Living Rock Caverns, Fishing and Mining aren't as difficult as they were before.

Yes I understand that justin but I'm speaking in the present and not the past. And monkfish have beat sharks in terms of xp/gp rates since the release of Swan Song.

Low_C.png

Yes I understand that justin but I'm speaking in the present and not the past. And monkfish have beat sharks in terms of xp/gp rates since the release of Swan Song.

No, I'm just saying that as general information. I have played in the past, I have pictures to prove it. Thousands of players have gotten 99 Mining and 99 Fishing as a result of Living Rock Caverns. You kids have it much easier than we did.

No, I'm just saying that as general information. I have played in the past, I have pictures to prove it. Thousands of players have gotten 99 Mining and 99 Fishing as a result of Living Rock Caverns. You kids have it much easier than we did.

Yay for easier 99's lol :thumbsup:

MY CAPES!

sig1.pngsig2.png

e5lft5.png

Loot

↓↓

Of course, everyone wants easy 99s. But look at Cooking and Fletching. They are viewed as nothing more than a joke because they are ridiculously easy.

Of course, everyone wants easy 99s. But look at Cooking and Fletching. They are viewed as nothing more than a joke because they are ridiculously easy.

People shouldn't care about that. They should be proud of their accomplishments. I sure am. Who cares if people tell me I have the easy capes. <_<

MY CAPES!

sig1.pngsig2.png

e5lft5.png

Loot

↓↓

I could say Ivy ruined Woodcutting, but I think I'll stop there.

Also, I'm thinking of getting 99 Fishing in the future. I'm not looking for a way to profit, but a way to speed train. Barbarian Fishing I hear is still one of the fastest. So I have two options: Shilo Village or Barb Fishing?

I could say Ivy ruined Woodcutting, but I think I'll stop there.

Also, I'm thinking of getting 99 Fishing in the future. I'm not looking for a way to profit, but a way to speed train. Barbarian Fishing I hear is still one of the fastest. So I have two options: Shilo Village or Barb Fishing?

I've heard barb is still faster than shilo, but it's your choice. Plus if you consider banking and everything.

MY CAPES!

sig1.pngsig2.png

e5lft5.png

Loot

↓↓

Justin I've played quite some time aswell and I'd rather have funner game play than clicking on lobster -> range all day long. I enjoy the improvements because I could care less what people think of my achievements, after all it's my achievement not someone elses. As for barbarian fishing and fly fishing why get 55k xp per hour and 0 profit, when you can get 48k xp per hour and 260-290k gp per hour. If you want to save 5-10 hours to get 99 and sacrifice millions of gp gained then go for that method.

Low_C.png

Barbarian fishing is the fastest at high levels, but it is only slightly faster than rocktails, while being a lot more tedious and not nearly as lucrative. Rocktail is really the way to go.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png