Fishing to 99

Miller7204

Another advantage of Rocktail is that on World 84 you can basically afk them as long as you keep sound on incase a living rock creature gets on you.

Low_C.png

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And a big disadvantage of W84 (if you're a New Worlder) is that it's a UK server. I wish I had enough influence to get some Americans to split off onto a US server. W84 is a lag fest.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

consider Fish Flingers

It's a nice xp rate, ~18k xp/game depending on level, and each game lasts 15 minutes

Just make sure you use a clan chat.

money isn't good at all. But if you play it actively, you can get medals for tackleboxes

At the very least, it's a minigame where you can kick back and relax for 15 minutes straight, since the "fishing spots" never move. Ever

Naaxi.png

World 2 is good for LRC. There are a decent number of people there, but not the lunacy of W84 (which I stayed in for all of 10 seconds before reaching for the big "X").

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Yea W84 is a bit too much for me so i just go to my home world where it's nice and quiet and no lag.

MY CAPES!

sig1.pngsig2.png

Dragon drops: Draconic Visage, Dragon Plateskirt, Dragon Med Helm, Dragon Platelegs

Other drops: Dragon Chainbody

e5lft5.png

Loot

↓↓

Verac's flail, Verac's skirt x2, Guthan's platebody x2, Guthan's warspear x3, Dharok's helm x2, Ahrim's hood, Ahrim's robeskirt, Torag's platelegs, Karil's top, Karil's skirt, Karil's crossbow x2

Here I come rocktails! :thumbsup:

zxa1qd.jpg

MY CAPES!

sig1.pngsig2.png

Dragon drops: Draconic Visage, Dragon Plateskirt, Dragon Med Helm, Dragon Platelegs

e5lft5.png

Loot

↓↓

Verac's flail, Verac's skirt x2, Guthan's platebody x2, Guthan's warspear x3, Dharok's helm x2, Ahrim's hood, Ahrim's robeskirt, Torag's platelegs, Karil's top, Karil's skirt, Karil's crossbow x2

To cook the rocktail or to not cook the rocktail? That is the question. Opinions?

MY CAPES!

sig1.pngsig2.png

e5lft5.png

Loot

↓↓

Eh, I was just thinking about the profit really. There's a 216gp difference between cooked and raw. Cooked being worth more.

MY CAPES!

sig1.pngsig2.png

e5lft5.png

Loot

↓↓

Yeah but that's only 230-250k gp profit more per hour, if you value your time to be worth less than 230k-250k gp per hour then do it, if not then I'd just sell raw.

Low_C.png

91 achieved!

b3o9k5.jpg

MY CAPES!

sig1.pngsig2.png

e5lft5.png

Loot

↓↓

• 2 months later...

On the road again.....

2bd6z6.jpg

MY CAPES!

sig1.pngsig2.png

e5lft5.png

Loot

↓↓

• 2 weeks later...

Here's another level closer! v770uh.png

MY CAPES!

sig1.pngsig2.png

e5lft5.png

Loot

↓↓

Barbarian fishing is the fastest at high levels, but it is only slightly faster than rocktails, while being a lot more tedious and not nearly as lucrative. Rocktail is really the way to go.

In defense of heavy rod fishing, the agility xp is pretty valuable, depending on your level. If you're under 70 agility, you'd only be making 35-45k agility xp/hr at a normal course, which means you could be saving the equivalent of as much as ~8-12 minutes of agility training for every hour of fishing. Fairly significant depending on how much you value agility xp.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's another lvl closer!

2v9rq4w.jpg

MY CAPES!

sig1.pngsig2.png

e5lft5.png

Loot

↓↓

Another one down!

23u7707.jpg

MY CAPES!

sig1.pngsig2.png

e5lft5.png

Loot

↓↓

I can start to smell 99!

2re1hmg.jpg

MY CAPES!

sig1.pngsig2.png

e5lft5.png

Loot

↓↓

I can start to smell 99!

2re1hmg.jpg

This isn't the blogscape subforum, FYI.

I started asking for advice though. That's why I put it in Help & Advice. If I should go about moving it, could you tell me exactly how to do that? Thank you

MY CAPES!

sig1.pngsig2.png

e5lft5.png

Loot

↓↓

2 left!

2epu49l.jpg

MY CAPES!

sig1.pngsig2.png

e5lft5.png

Loot

↓↓

Gratz.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted