Fansite Support (Re-launch)

Howlin0001

Reading through the posts on that rsof thread it seems that most people are shocked/disappointed tip.it isn't platinum.

Riot in world7 everyone!

"TELL JAFLEX TO MAKE US PLATINUM."

On a serious note;

Two of the sites they have in platinum contain ads other than RuneScape and Jagex and one of those sites is rarely updated.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading through the posts on that rsof thread it seems that most people are shocked/disappointed tip.it isn't platinum.

Riot in world7 everyone!

"TELL JAFLEX TO MAKE US PLATINUM."

On a serious note;

Two of the sites they have in platinum contain ads other than Runescape/Jagex and one of those sites is rarely updated.

Um excuse me but world 6 is the riot world!

Btw almost every time I go on runehq I see an advert to buy rs gold or to a website for rs bots. That was few months ago so I'm not sure if they're still there.

New reply from Mod Hohbein on RSOF

Hey guys,

The level fansites currently sit at will change as time goes on - I can't comment on fansites individually, but I am in touch with everyone listed here and will be working with them to help them progress (if they want to!).

Many thanks,

Hohbein

So basically, if we kiss up enough we can become platinum? Ouch.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Apart from the adverts, i don't see us doing any more than what we currently do to get onto the list.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

My first reaction was "sweet!".

I got to the list and was like "What the f..."

At the end, I was like this:

Good grief.

Its probably because we just went from Silver to Gold a few days/a week ago though.

So, I just spent 15 minutes looking Sal's over, and there is NO reason at all they should be platinum. Their version of the Tipit Times hasn't been updated in over a year, The "Sals Page" where the creator showed their stats and goals was last updated before construstion, and their forums are nothing compared to TIF. I have a feeling ALL Jagex cared about is the adverts thing, and since Sal's has like 1 ad max there is much less chance to get those 'bad ads'.

Speaking of ads, how can Jagex expect fansites to block all other games' ads when they can't even do it themselves? I was not that long ago that I was getting at least 1 WoW ad per week over my browser in F2P....

As for forums,

Sals has 24k users

Tipit has 180k users

Sal Realm is a really good fansite. I have found my answers there when Tip.it have failed me and other way around. What i like about Sal Realm (NOTE: I barely use it)? It has many illustrations.

Really??? We should be the top platinum no questions asked...

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I smell a riot, a very small riot somewhere... :mellow:

Im sure this discussion will probably die out in like 5 hours...

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

I am very disappointed to say the least, I have used this site for many years and I know for a fact that there is no better fan site period. We will get on platinum once they decide to pull their heads out of their...

Jagex is way too strict on this, Tip will go up so I am not worried there, I am more concerned about RSC. So what if they refuse to remove a few ads? RSC is still one of the best fan site if not the best fan site for Runescape(This is a fact, RSC and Tip are pretty head to head on this).

PS: Why is my thread not been used :(, I posted it first.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

I am more concerned about RSC. So what if they refuse to remove a few ads?

What do you think this is really all about to begin with?

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

I am more concerned about RSC. So what if they refuse to remove a few ads?

What do you think this is really all about to begin with?

Jagex worrying other gaming ads will take away potential players? It is a horrible reason though. I mean I am pretty sure RSC removed all the gold selling ads to begin with when Jagex asked them to.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

I think making a fansite itself shows dedication to this game enough! Jagex are saying that if you allow your website to advertise other games than you aren't loyal to RS. Bunch off [cabbage] tbh.

Whoever dreamt up and approved this ranking system needs smacking round the head.

asrhasrh.jpg

Just... wow, although this ranking system does not really matter that much I can't believe tip its not platinum and those other sites are O_o

Melencholy.png

Questcape first achieved: Sept 20, 2009
99 agility march 11th 2010

99 Magic - some point in 2012

At least we're first on the gold list?

I'm glad tip.it isn't censored in runescape like all the other .com's...

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Runehq's fansite looks like... well... this

How the heck did it win platinum?

runehq.png

Dude, what about Sal's realm of HTML?

100409164421.png

Good god, any 5 year old can make a site like that nowadays... (not to mention that awful german site, how can a local site be platinum anyway?)

Although certainly not perfect, nothing beats Tip.it.

Lord_Beloved.png

Good god, any 5 year old can make a site like that nowadays...

Yeah? So where's yours?

Site design is not important, as long as the site is usable. Content is important.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Yeah, unless we're platinum I won't be happy ever again. Lists are all there is to my life, I need others to recognise that the community I am a minor part of is the best!

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

Yeah? So where's yours?

Site design is not important, as long as the site is usable. Content is important.

Design is just as important as content, any marketing class would tell you so

Lord_Beloved.png

Yeah? So where's yours?

Design is just as important as content, any marketing class would tell you so

content >>>>> design tbh :P

I wonder what criteria Jagex is judging this on.

Tip.it's front page content's pretty average, but so are all the other platinums.

But we do have the most active forums.

I'm kinda irritated that jagex took off Zybez just because of a little squabble.

Such an immature businessman-like tactic <_<

I'm guessing this is just jagex's way of prodding fansites into becoming the type of fansites they like.

Naaxi.png