Gears of War 3

Michael

After Epic's Cliff Bleszinski delayed his Thursday night appearance on the Jimmy Fallon show a mistake by Microsoft on the Xbox 360 dashboard advertising an April '11 release date for GOW3 was put up. More details have also been found. Cliff will be on the Jimmy Fallon show on Monday where he is expected to officially announce the game.

Personally I really enjoyed the first two games and I see the third carrying on the trend, all Epic need to do is make sure they have a solid netcode this time for the release.

Well it's officially announced now, trailer reveals a few things. Double barrel shotgun and female gears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm56LVgMa68

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feminine sounding fanboy squeal in 3...2...1...SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

I liked the single player from the first two games and the horde mode. Unless the multiplayer becomes playable I'll probably buy this when it goes down in price.

I thought they had said there wouldn't be another Gears game until the next generation of consoles?

Wow, I'm sold. I just sold my xbox and the only games I kept were my collectors edition of GoW and my copy of GoW2. Looking forward to adding this to my collect or I should say my brothers now since he's the only one with an xbox still..

tFtfA.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Im actually pretty pumped for this, but already I have some observations with it (lol)

1) WHY THE HELL DOES DOM LOOK LIKE HES 60?!?! His new look =/= good.

2) On the gears site they claim it will be "one hell of a finale" (or something)

I swear to God if any of the 5 die (Marcus Dom Baird Cole Anya) theres going to be an outrage. But we all know some of then probably will.

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

Im actually pretty pumped for this, but already I have some observations with it (lol)

1) WHY THE HELL DOES DOM LOOK LIKE HES 60?!?! His new look =/= good.

2) On the gears site they claim it will be "one hell of a finale" (or something)

I swear to God if any of the 5 die (Marcus Dom Baird Cole Anya) theres going to be an outrage. But we all know some of then probably will.

At the #1.

The dust is in his beard, its really suppose to be black (makes sense huh?)

I can't wait either, GOW has a great story and knowing how the Earth and Humans are gonna survive outta be nice.

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Game has been pushed back to "Holiday 2011"

Epic have said they're going to do a multiplayer beta and there will be dedicated servers.

On bungie.net I saw a thread saying it had been pushed back because [343 Industries] were remaking Halo: CE in HD. Or something like that.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Game has been pushed back to "Holiday 2011"

Epic have said they're going to do a multiplayer beta and there will be dedicated servers.

On bungie.net I saw a thread saying it had been pushed back because [343 Industries] were remaking Halo: CE in HD. Or something like that.

Doubtful, probably a troll. Apparently it was pushed back for Financial Reasons, it will probably sell better during the holiday. I am betting Microsoft is expecting Kinect to be something extremely epic which will fill in the first two quarters... Well, Gears will hopefully have some extra polishing/bug fixing which would be very nice.

vizardsig-1.png

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have access right now. Some of the weapons need a little more balance (I HATE THE DIGGER LAUNCHER), but otherwise it's been pretty good. I like the hammerburst, and don't really like the retro lancer. WAAAAY too much recoil.

Fun fact: You can aim down your guns' sights by clicking the right thumbstick while aiming. Much more accurate.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I have access right now. Some of the weapons need a little more balance (I HATE THE DIGGER LAUNCHER), but otherwise it's been pretty good. I like the hammerburst, and don't really like the retro lancer. WAAAAY too much recoil.

Fun fact: You can aim down your guns' sights by clicking the right thumbstick while aiming. Much more accurate.

Only on some guns

Getting access tomorrow, have the epic edition preordered.

How much is that, from GAME I assume?

Only on some guns

Getting access tomorrow, have the epic edition preordered.

How much is that, from GAME I assume?

£100 I think, and don't even know what's in it! Am a huge gears fan (was ranked 250th in Gears 2 when I stopped playing :P) so don't mind spending that extra money on it :).

People rely too much on shotguns in this game... Gets very annoying constantly dieing to people who get lucky with the sawn-off.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Played my first game earlier, came in halfway through and did fairly well. Not knowing the maps and not having played gears for a while makes the controls/camera a pain to do. Might try and play some more this evening.

Bit annoyed can't play private games with bots just to get a feel for the controls/maps. Also not a fan of Team Death Match. My favourite thing of gears multiplayer is the "You make one mistake, you're done". You had to think about where you went, it involves tactical gameplay. Now with TDM there's a lot less of that (while still there) so the fact this seems to be being pushed as the main mode makes me very sad.