Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Gears of War 3

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Michael
[ Display Name History ]

Michael

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,917 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Trollgazer

I have access right now. Some of the weapons need a little more balance (I HATE THE DIGGER LAUNCHER), but otherwise it's been pretty good. I like the hammerburst, and don't really like the retro lancer. WAAAAY too much recoil.

Fun fact: You can aim down your guns' sights by clicking the right thumbstick while aiming. Much more accurate.

Only on some guns

Getting access tomorrow, have the epic edition preordered.

How much is that, from GAME I assume?

DarkDude
[ Display Name History ]

DarkDude

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,232 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Dark Dude

I have access right now. Some of the weapons need a little more balance (I HATE THE DIGGER LAUNCHER), but otherwise it's been pretty good. I like the hammerburst, and don't really like the retro lancer. WAAAAY too much recoil.

Fun fact: You can aim down your guns' sights by clicking the right thumbstick while aiming. Much more accurate.

Only on some guns

Getting access tomorrow, have the epic edition preordered.

How much is that, from GAME I assume?

£100 I think, and don't even know what's in it! Am a huge gears fan (was ranked 250th in Gears 2 when I stopped playing :P) so don't mind spending that extra money on it :).

sarg1010
[ Display Name History ]

sarg1010

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,760 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Sarg1010
  • RSN2:Teh Sarg
People rely too much on shotguns in this game... Gets very annoying constantly dieing to people who get lucky with the sawn-off.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

JeremyM
[ Display Name History ]

JeremyM

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 959 posts
Me cant wait

Posted Image

[Admin Edit: Attempting to publicly humiliate a user in your signature is inappropriate]

Quit Runescape... Dec 2001 - Jan 2008 on and off... mostly off.

DarkDude
[ Display Name History ]

DarkDude

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,232 posts
  • RSN:Dark Dude
Played my first game earlier, came in halfway through and did fairly well. Not knowing the maps and not having played gears for a while makes the controls/camera a pain to do. Might try and play some more this evening.

Bit annoyed can't play private games with bots just to get a feel for the controls/maps. Also not a fan of Team Death Match. My favourite thing of gears multiplayer is the "You make one mistake, you're done". You had to think about where you went, it involves tactical gameplay. Now with TDM there's a lot less of that (while still there) so the fact this seems to be being pushed as the main mode makes me very sad.

sarg1010
[ Display Name History ]

sarg1010

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,760 posts
They are releasing two other games modes (I believe) every week of the beta, so it'll still be fun. I think there are still tactics needed now anyway, like for Trenches, the need to rush the nest is pretty big. Having one or two people stand in the grenade spawn to stop anybody else from getting to the nest is a huge help. And with Thrashball, if you can control the concession stands, you can control the entire battlefield. I'm not sure about Checkout, as I think that is the worst map ever, and I haven't played enough of Old Town to really get a feel for it, other than rushing the boomshot/digger launcher.

And you do have a point, though, about the not as tactical now. I've had games where I went 2/13 due to people just running around with the sawed-off and blasting me from behind.

EDITL KOTH is pretty crazy. Only played one game, but it went on for three rounds on Trenches. Incredibly fun when the hill is in the Nest. Although the spawning system needs tweaking. I died, spawned in one of the normal spawns, ran forward RIGHT BEHIND an enemy, shotgunned him, then got shotgunned immediately afterward by a guy who spawned behind me. Still funny as hell though.

Zilla
[ Display Name History ]

Zilla

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 862 posts
  • RSN:Roflzilla
  • Clan:Unknown
New trailer.

Posted Image

Ouchy
[ Display Name History ]

Ouchy

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,365 posts
Surprised this thread isn't more active seeing as it's about to released in 2 days... Anyone here planning on buying it?

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

Posted Image

Albel
[ Display Name History ]

Albel

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,189 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Albel
  • RSN2:Seaoh
  • Clan:SoDB
I do not plan on getting it. Too much money tied up in other games that come out soon.

35bvvh1.png

Quotes

Runescape Achievements

jasignhagj
[ Display Name History ]

jasignhagj

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,183 posts
Is it too late to preorder the 'deluxe' edition? I was planning on taking out some money and preordering a bunch of games tomorrow.

Low C
[ Display Name History ]

Low C

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,242 posts
  • RSN:Lowc15
  • Clan:Primacy
Not buying as of right now due to all the other games coming out that i'm more interested in. I'd rather wait for the price drop in a few months and snag it up along with the other gears games.

Low_C.png

Zierro
[ Display Name History ]

Zierro

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,253 posts
I plan on getting it eventually. I don't want to buy at full price right now - plus BF3 is a greater priority.

Low C
[ Display Name History ]

Low C

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,242 posts
Ended up buying it LOL. I traded in Crysis 2 and a SvR 2011 game for about 47 bucks because they're offering 40% more trade-in value if you buy gears with your purchase so i got gears for 16 bucks. Couldn't pass it up.

Low_C.png

Ouchy
[ Display Name History ]

Ouchy

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,365 posts
What's the campaign like?

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

Posted Image

Low C
[ Display Name History ]

Low C

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,242 posts

You choose which path you take over a bridge and you choose if you want to provide cover fire to the truck your team is driving or you can drive in the truck itself. These options make the game feel more immersive not to mention the cut scenes are amazing. It's one of the best campaigns of any game i've ever played and i can see a ton of replayability if you're into finding cog tags and collectibles or replaying it to get more achievements for co-op and hardcore mode ect.

Low_C.png

sarg1010
[ Display Name History ]

sarg1010

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,760 posts
I totally forgot I pre-ordered this when it was announced. Wasn't planning on getting it until a few months from now, but I guess not. Played for quite a while today, the campaign is looking pretty good :thumbup:

Overdoziz
[ Display Name History ]

Overdoziz

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,241 posts

You choose which path you take over a bridge and you choose if you want to provide cover fire to the truck your team is driving or you can drive in the truck itself. These options make the game feel more immersive not to mention the cut scenes are amazing. It's one of the best campaigns of any game i've ever played and i can see a ton of replayability if you're into finding cog tags and collectibles or replaying it to get more achievements for co-op and hardcore mode ect.

You can drive yourself? God, driving has been awful in the previous parts. Is it any better? Also, are there still those terrible on-rails sections nobody enjoys? These two things really ruined the past games.

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

Low C
[ Display Name History ]

Low C

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,242 posts

You can drive yourself? God, driving has been awful in the previous parts. Is it any better? Also, are there still those terrible on-rails sections nobody enjoys? These two things really ruined the past games.

No, you shoot a Gatling gun from the rear of the truck. It's actually pretty fun because [cabbage] is exploding and falling all around you as you're drove through the mayhem. Sorry if i misled you but i was trying to express the parts of the game that succeed in being over the top suspense.

Low_C.png

stevepole
[ Display Name History ]

stevepole

Ace of Spades

• Members
  • 8,477 posts
I wish I still had an xbox so I could finish the series. :(
Posted Image

Low C
[ Display Name History ]

Low C

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,242 posts
Just beat the campaign. Best shooter campaign I've played EVER. I also got a Marcus headband avatar reward for beating it so i'm happy :P.

Low_C.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users