How to catch someone siphoning gas

Blake

Could put those little "door alarms" you can find at the dollar store that make a hell of a lot of noise, would probably fit in the thing and wake you up when it happens.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the note of human rights I've heard a story about a doctor who heard someone break into his house (a burglar) and the doctor came down with a gun and shot him but didn't kill him and now THE DOCTOR is pretty much penniless from a lawsuit. Though to some of you it may sound inhumane but my mother has taught me this if I'm ever defending my home. 1. Kill them. It doesn't matter who they are or why they are there make sure they are dead. 2. Unload the entire gun into them. The second she actually heard from a policeman for this reason, if you fire a few shots or 1 or 2 you will be made out to be a controlled killer, but if you unload the entire clip, you are a frightened homeowner protecting their family/property. I look at it his why, even if a man breaks into my house to steal my TV, I can never be absolutely sure that he won't seize the opportunity to rape my sister, or what if we catch him and he has a weapon? If ANYONE enters my house without my permission I'm am going to assume they are doing so with lethal intention and will react with lethal intention.

This really is the safest way to handle a break in. For one, it's far easier to argue that you acted out of self-defense. Likewise, there are a lot of burglars who carry weapons, so it's impossible to tell if a person is armed or not when they break into your home. Since there are quite a few sociopaths, they may also just kill you for the hell of it, even if you give them what they want.

What is the moral of the story? Kill that son of a [bleep].... Kill them before they kill you.

Somebody who has just woken up and then tries to confront a robber like that is probably much less alert than the intruder and more likely to get hurt, I wouldn't consider that too safe. Either that or you accidentally kill a relative who you mistake for an intruder with you "shoot first ask questions later" approach.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

-Bear traps can take off limbs: stupid idea.

-Yes, electricity and gasoline go so very well together.

-You've been watching far too many cartoons: someone would have to be exceptionally stupid and or drunk to fall for that, not to mention it would be difficult to rig up.

Set up a video camera, or my personal favorite is establish a watch.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

Hey guys, how about we don't shoot anyone and let the American legal justice system handle everything, making sure that everyone is given fair treatment under the law as opposed to taking it out on someone based on your own morals?

Or, you know, we could just shoot anyone who disagrees with us. That too.

[hide]

[/hide]

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Off-topic: Holy mother [bleep] that trailer was awesome. If it was an actual movie coming out, I definitely watch it.

Off-topic: Holy mother [bleep] that trailer was awesome. If it was an actual movie coming out, I definitely watch it.

It's a real movie. They just injected the TF2 models into it.

It's called Law-Abiding Citizen.

Oh, it says at 2:35. -.- Well. It looks like I'm gonna have to find some time to see that, then.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

It's a real movie. They just injected the TF2 models into it.

It's called Law-Abiding Citizen.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

On the note of human rights I've heard a story about a doctor who heard someone break into his house (a burglar) and the doctor came down with a gun and shot him but didn't kill him and now THE DOCTOR is pretty much penniless from a lawsuit. Though to some of you it may sound inhumane but my mother has taught me this if I'm ever defending my home. 1. Kill them. It doesn't matter who they are or why they are there make sure they are dead. 2. Unload the entire gun into them. The second she actually heard from a policeman for this reason, if you fire a few shots or 1 or 2 you will be made out to be a controlled killer, but if you unload the entire clip, you are a frightened homeowner protecting their family/property. I look at it his why, even if a man breaks into my house to steal my TV, I can never be absolutely sure that he won't seize the opportunity to rape my sister, or what if we catch him and he has a weapon? If ANYONE enters my house without my permission I'm am going to assume they are doing so with lethal intention and will react with lethal intention.

This really is the safest way to handle a break in. For one, it's far easier to argue that you acted out of self-defense. Likewise, there are a lot of burglars who carry weapons, so it's impossible to tell if a person is armed or not when they break into your home. Since there are quite a few sociopaths, they may also just kill you for the hell of it, even if you give them what they want.

What is the moral of the story? Kill that son of a [bleep].... Kill them before they kill you.

Somebody who has just woken up and then tries to confront a robber like that is probably much less alert than the intruder and more likely to get hurt, I wouldn't consider that too safe. Either that or you accidentally kill a relative who you mistake for an intruder with you "shoot first ask questions later" approach.

Unless you're taking a specific type of medication, you should be able to differentiate a person breaking through a window or busting down a door from a relative who is simply entering your home. Likewise, what are you going to do in a potential life or death situation when the robber is bold enough to confront you? Are you going to let them harm you or your family, or are you going to try to defend yourself? What do you do when there's no way that the law can help?

Likewise, my scenario is from an American point of view. Since guns are legal in the US, there's a good possibility that any burglar might be armed with some sort of firearm. It's different in the United Kingdom because guns are illegal. It's different when the only thing that your assailant has is a machete or cricket bat.

SWAG

Dude. Bear traps? Honestly? You'll get sued, big time.

MAYBE YOU NEED A BIGGER BEAR TRAP

Or do what I do:

Keep like 2 $ of gas in the tank at all times during the night L. I mean eventually they;'ll get discouraged. Or do a motion senser dog barking thing: They get to close, a fake dog starts barking

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Two words

Chuck Norris

chuck_norris.jpg

This helps. I bought one when people were stealing gas awhile ago.

http://www.amazon.com/Stant-10506-Locking-Fuel-Cap/dp/B000B8JUBQ

When I saw the link I half expected it to be one of those life size cardboard pictures of Chuck Norris... Now I'm disappointed!!

But get a video camera, and motion activated lights, or fill a gas tank with a bit of gas and a lot of water and leave it sitting out where he can see it.

Amaranth_GTO.png

Guest Mrmegakirby

Fill the gas tank with something that will wreck their car, but won't damage your car if you don't turn it on. I've heard gas mixed with a thickenir does the trick.

Fill the gas tank with something that will wreck their car, but won't damage your car if you don't turn it on. I've heard gas mixed with a thickenir does the trick.

I would think then you'd have the trouble of removing it if the burglar doesn't come again...

Edit: What kind of car do you have? I'm assuming it's either a cheap or old car, because most cars nowadays need a level to be pulled by the driver's side in order for the gas tank door to open.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Well, your mom had the most intelligent idea. Recording them on video was also a decent idea. Bear trap.. honestly not the most intelligent choice if you're getting the police involved. Also.. electrifying your vehicle? Well, that could blow your fuses, any internal computer, and would ground out with the tires anyways. While siphoning the fuel they could cause a short-out while electrified if they had anything metal, causing a spark and potential combustion. Sure you might catch them, but if you're upset about losing $100 in gas, losing your entire vehicle might be a slight setback. Just wait outside and beat the hell out of whoever is doing it if buying a locking cap or videotaping are out of the question. We've only had people try to take gas a couple times from our main tank on the farm. First off it's locked so they never got anywhere with that, then the second time someone came a warning shot was fired, and that's as far as it went. That was a few years back though. Since then we've put up another yard light, so the fuel tank is visible at all hours.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Unless you're taking a specific type of medication, you should be able to differentiate a person breaking through a window or busting down a door from a relative who is simply entering your home. Likewise, what are you going to do in a potential life or death situation when the robber is bold enough to confront you? Are you going to let them harm you or your family, or are you going to try to defend yourself? What do you do when there's no way that the law can help?

Likewise, my scenario is from an American point of view. Since guns are legal in the US, there's a good possibility that any burglar might be armed with some sort of firearm. It's different in the United Kingdom because guns are illegal. It's different when the only thing that your assailant has is a machete or cricket bat.

At night time it's harder to make out faces and when the adrenalin is pumping through your veins you make mistakes. Accidental family deaths in these situations are not uncommon. Also when you have just woken (as is often the case in these situations) your reactions and reflexes are not at their best and your eyes often aren't adjusted fully to what little light there is. Most robbers just want to rob and will try not confront a homeowner especially in the US with the availability of firearms. Also, my point was reflective of the likely American scenario hence why the homeowner is more likely toget hurt taking your course of action as the robber will likely be armed also. Obviously there are situations where you are forced to defend yourself by using a firearm (in USA) but what you are describing is not one of those situations, yours is a gung-[garden tool] 'go in firing and kill the robber' scenario which is quite frankly bonkers and increases the dangerous for the homeowner.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

At night time it's harder to make out faces and when the adrenalin is pumping through your veins you make mistakes. Accidental family deaths in these situations are not uncommon. Also when you have just woken (as is often the case in these situations) your reactions and reflexes are not at their best and your eyes often aren't adjusted fully to what little light there is. Most robbers just want to rob and will try not confront a homeowner especially in the US with the availability of firearms. Also, my point was reflective of the likely American scenario hence why the homeowner is more likely toget hurt taking your course of action as the robber will likely be armed also. Obviously there are situations where you are forced to defend yourself by using a firearm (in USA) but what you are describing is not one of those situations, yours is a gung-[garden tool] 'go in firing and kill the robber' scenario which is quite frankly bonkers and increases the dangerous for the homeowner.

I wasn't very clear about this and I see where you are coming from, but to elaborate on my "break in plan" I'd collect my family into one "easily defensible" room and bring my gun, this way if the robber is just a robber and is not overly greedy he can leave in peace and my family is never in danger, but if he has the misfortune to enter said room for purposes of theft or worse he will leave in pieces(metaphorically, as dismemberment by firearms I imagine would take a lot of skill/luck). But again, I understand what you mean, the only time i can think of the family situation working out is if a kid/spouse comes home late when they shouldn't be, otherwise there would be no reason for a relative not to announce themselves.

2pzzjb9.jpg

106px-National_Defense_Service_Medal_ribbon.svg.png106px-Navy_Rifle_Marksmanship_Ribbon.svg.png120px-USN_Expert_Pistol_Shot_Ribbon.png

God dammit Seany, STOP SHARING MY MIND

" I believe in something greater than myself. A better world. A world without sin. I'm not going to live there. There's no place for me there... I'm a monster.What I do is evil. I have no illusions about it, but it must be done."

Good point.

SWAG

You don't want to go in with the gun out. First of all, you won't be afraid to shoot in any scenario, because you aren't just going to shoot the first person you see. However, in the worst case scenario, the robber, who also has a gun, will shoot whoever they see. Therefore, it's best to just go down and investigate, with a bat if anything, and put your hands up if they pull anything out.

Your post was confusing in its wording, but from what I think I understand, yes I would shoot the first person I saw. And surrendering sounds like a terrible idea. if you just surrender then they can do just about whatever they like to you and your family. It would make far more sense imo to collect you family, call the police and stay in one room, so it minimizes your chances of confrontation but if one does occur you are at the most advantage.

2pzzjb9.jpg

106px-National_Defense_Service_Medal_ribbon.svg.png106px-Navy_Rifle_Marksmanship_Ribbon.svg.png120px-USN_Expert_Pistol_Shot_Ribbon.png

God dammit Seany, STOP SHARING MY MIND

" I believe in something greater than myself. A better world. A world without sin. I'm not going to live there. There's no place for me there... I'm a monster.What I do is evil. I have no illusions about it, but it must be done."

You don't want to go in with the gun out. First of all, you won't be afraid to shoot in any scenario, because you aren't just going to shoot the first person you see. However, in the worst case scenario, the robber, who also has a gun, will shoot whoever they see. Therefore, it's best to just go down and investigate, with a bat if anything, and put your hands up if they pull anything out.

Or the robber could just leave, knowing you have a gun. It's whoever has the gun pointed out first has control of the situation.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Set up a trip wire that shoots a shotgun at them when they get too close.

Or perhaps when they open the gas casket a grenade blows up.

Lmfao

OP: There is no way to stop someone from siphoning your gas. My friends do it all the time. When they come across a cap with a lock on it, they go under the car and drill into the tank. Its actually worth your money to just let them steal the gas till they get bored with it or get caught. Setting up any type of devices to catch the person will be too costly, and also you are dealing with criminals here.

I think you underestimate the criminal mind. If you stop them from getting the gas, don't be suprised if your tires go missing or if they just smash your car. Its best to let them have what little they want, because they are just going to take even more from you if you try to stop them.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

OP: There is no way to stop someone from siphoning your gas. My friends do it all the time. When they come across a cap with a lock on it, they go under the car and drill into the tank. Its actually worth your money to just let them steal the gas till they get bored with it or get caught. Setting up any type of devices to catch the person will be too costly, and also you are dealing with criminals here.

I think you underestimate the criminal mind. If you stop them from getting the gas, don't be suprised if your tires go missing or if they just smash your car. Its best to let them have what little they want, because they are just going to take even more from you if you try to stop them.

Do me a favor and go beat the living piss out of your buddies. Let them know it's from me. There's no reason to ever touch another man's car, especially with intent of doing damage. Your buddies need to learn a little respect because if I caught them doing that to my car, they'd be lucky to see daylight again.

yea it's illegal to set traps with intentions of catching a person. You can't even legally set traps inside your house in-case of burglars. Seen one guy who was paranoid about someone breaking in his house, so he put some kinda crossbow set up in his window, then when a person actually died trying to break into his house, the home owner ended up going to prison for murder.

I would just park the car somewhere near the house if you can, with those floodlights that have motion sensors on them, because they are probably less likely to sit and siphon gas with a spot light on them. I'm sure they have some of those motion sensors too that have sounds/alarms.

I would get the neighbors all alert to it, and eventually one decent encounter while catching them in the act will probably convince them to find a new area to go to.

arcy777-2.jpg
arcsig.jpg
2001-2006 the fourth and last legit 123 on classic
123 classic/137 rs2 Native American Pride