12-Apr-2010 - Dungeoneering Skill!

12pure34

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever it is, it's more motivation than some rewards :P

EDIT: judging by the space allocated to these chronicles in the "dungeon journal", I'd imagine there are at least 40 of them. now my collection of 11 doesn't seem so impressive :P

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

What floor is this on anyway?

Also according to the FAQ, in order to achieve have the most challenging boss in the game, it must be a 5 men team of almost maxed levels. Does this mean the only way to face this "thing" is to find such a team? Or is Mod Em just saying that the level of the boss will go higher? I am personally hoping for a secret boss/floor.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

What floor is this on anyway?

Also according to the FAQ, in order to achieve have the most challenging boss in the game, it must be a 5 men team of almost maxed levels. Does this mean the only way to face this "thing" is to find such a team? Or is Mod Em just saying that the level of the boss will go higher? I am personally hoping for a secret boss/floor.

when you get logs seems to be kinda random to me, and boss-related. i've currently got Bilrach 1,2,3,4,5,8,9,10,11,12, behemoth 1, marmaros and Thok 1,2,4,5 Stalker notes 1 and misc. 3,5 and 7.

Why no method in the madness? :P

Guys, the homepage just changed to a Daemonheim theme design. :blink:

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

[hide]ffffffffffffffffffffffffffff.png[/hide]

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

[hide=lol.]insulttoinjury.png perhaps i should attempt maging

edit: died while maging f yeah

hahapwned.png

:smug smile:[/hide]

got 50 dungoneering that floor >:3

floor 25:

floor25.png

The more I play this skill, the more I enjoy it. It just has a slow start, that's all.

I think this is a skill that you should mostly play on your own, unless you're with someone/a group of people who you know to be competent at the skill and working together. Having a voice conference program such as Skype or Ventrilo helps a lot too.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

[hide]ffffffffffffffffffffffffffff.png[/hide]

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

[hide=lol.]insulttoinjury.png perhaps i should attempt maging

edit: died while maging f yeah

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/848837/RuneScape/hahapwned.png

:smug smile:[/hide]

got 50 dungoneering that floor >:3

floor 25:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/848837/RuneScape/floor25.png

The reason you failed so badly at that boss is because you're actually supposed to pray mage, despite the guy ranging you. Yea :mellow:

I have only 2 real issues with this update.

1.I do not consider it a skill, it's a mini-game. A fun and challenging one to be sure, but still a mini-game, not a skill. I could ignore this discrepancy if it wasn't for the fact that as a skill it will sooner or later be a requirement for quests and diaries. Another words, because it's a skill I will be forced to train it at some point or quit RS altogether. Neither choice is good or desirable.

2.I play solo, always. I strongly resent being forced into team play. The whole reason I play RS is because I can do it solo, at my own pace, in my own time. For most of the last decade, 7+ years, I have greatly enjoyed this freedom and have been proud to introduce over 70 new players myself directly to the joys of RS. These days are now gone (along with my RS pride).

After a quick search of various search engines and MMORPG game sites, it appears I am not alone. The number of searches for Runescape like games is staggering. One game site reportedly crashed due to the surge in new searches.

I take this the first of many to come death rattles for the old Runescape. I wish Jagex well in their new ventures and the new player base they hope to attract by becoming more and more like every other MMORPG out there.

As for me, I will probably play on a bit longer (hate to give up that easily), but as soon as a quest or something requires a Dung (appropriate nick name) level, I'm joining the rest of the older rats, this ship is sinking, and the captains are proud of sinking it.

....glug ... glug .... glug ............ gone ........

The reason you failed so badly at that boss is because you're actually supposed to pray mage, despite the guy ranging you. Yea :mellow:

Oh my :P thanks for the heads up

I hugely reccomend pots, they shouldn't take long to make if you pick up the coins. Cutting through bosses like butter now.

1.I do not consider it a skill, it's a mini-game. A fun and challenging one to be sure, but still a mini-game, not a skill. I could ignore this discrepancy if it wasn't for the fact that as a skill it will sooner or later be a requirement for quests and diaries. Another words, because it's a skill I will be forced to train it at some point or quit RS altogether. Neither choice is good or desirable.

2.I play solo, always. I strongly resent being forced into team play. The whole reason I play RS is because I can do it solo, at my own pace, in my own time. For most of the last decade, 7+ years, I have greatly enjoyed this freedom and have been proud to introduce over 70 new players myself directly to the joys of RS. These days are now gone (along with my RS pride).

After a quick search of various search engines and MMORPG game sites, it appears I am not alone. The number of searches for “Runescape like” games is staggering. One game site reportedly crashed due to the surge in new searches.

I take this the first of many to come death rattles for the old Runescape. I wish Jagex well in their new ventures and the new player base they hope to attract by becoming more and more like every other MMORPG out there.

As for me, I will probably play on a bit longer (hate to give up that easily), but as soon as a quest or something requires a Dung (appropriate nick name) level, I'm joining the rest of the older rats, this ship is sinking, and the captains are proud of sinking it.

Lol, use lamps, penguin points, ect... in 2 weeks and you'll be okay when a quest requiring dungeoneering is released here in about 6-12 months. I didn't care for this skill either until I reached about level 10, thats when It started speeding up level wise.

Low_C.png

After a quick search of various search engines and MMORPG game sites, it appears I am not alone. The number of searches for Runescape like games is staggering. One game site reportedly crashed due to the surge in new searches.

First of all, it is possible to solo and the experience is not behind team play, I really do not believe that this is a huge issue anymore. Jagex is also attempting to allow players to save their progress in solo play.

Secondly, you said that it is FUN, but the only problem you have with this that is because it is similar to a minigame...So having a different name bothers you that much? You confirmed that you like the content, but you dislike the category it is placed under. I mean I understand the arguement that it is like a minigame, but you enjoy it, you like it, why are you having a problem with it?

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Because people like to complain and critisise even when they find it fun and enjoyable. Just because it doesn't fit their opinion of what a skill is supposed to be. Truth of the matter is, they could release the best update to ever grace runescape and there would still be complainers.

Low_C.png

Bottom line is just this, you like it, but you hate the name. Thats like me saying I love eating the big mac but I hate its category, it should be called a sandwich instead of a hamburger. Does it really matter that much if you enjoy it?

11-1.jpg[

My problem is simple, it will, in time completely destroy the foundation that is the current RS, the reason I play.

So I am upset that I can see the end coming and will need to find someplace new to hang my virtual hat.

We all hate to lose a treasured item or activity.

Been playing as long as many of my other "oldies". Still sticking to it. You are playing an MMORPG. You are SUPPOSED to interact with people. If you dont like that go play a console game rofl. This game has never been about playing alone as much as you seem to think it is. You are the one that chooses to play solo just like someone else will choose to make a skilling pure. It is not the spirit of the game and it is by your own choice that you do not like it.

Just because YOU dont like it doesnt mean the ship will sink haha. For every person like you that leaves 2 more come into the game that appreciate it for what it is.

Still plenty of "oldies" that will continue playing this one even if you do choose to go.

flamesig.jpg

My problem is simple, it will, in time completely destroy the foundation that is the current RS, the reason I play.

So I am upset that I can see the end coming and will need to find someplace new to hang my virtual hat.

We all hate to lose a treasured item or activity.

Why do you think it will completely destory the foundation?

11-1.jpg[