12-Apr-2010 - Dungeoneering Skill!

12pure34

Runescape is constantly being redefined as to the kind of game it is

How? Again, you are just making blanket statements, as opposed to comparing this content with other content that has hurt the game. Why should I give a care about your argument if you have no supporting evidence? I have given plenty of parallels behind the design of this update and many other updates. You have just SAID its bad, SAID it hurts the game, without giving examples of other similar updates that have hurt the game.

, but stay in the same MMORPG genre. I think the number one thing is that behind the scenes the thing is being comitteed(sp?) to death. Also, they said the skill is like a game, but tey don't see any issue, where many, many people do

And many, many people do NOT. "Many many people" is not a reason to care about you. Many, many people did not vote for the president of the united states, but he still becomes the ruler. Seems like most of this thread is people who want to discuss how to play the new update. YOU and the complainers seem to be in the minority. Also, go to the highscores and check out Dungeoneering. I dont think that list of people has any beef with this update.

. I think another issue is that they're designing the game as they want it to be

The same is true for all games. The most popular MMORPG in the world, World of Warcraft, does not design based on player suggestions. They fix bugs and imbalances based on player QQ, but they do not re-think the intent of their game content based on what people are crying about

instead what most of their players want it to be.

This is a completely unwarranted and un-justified claim. Every opinion you share with us is based on "evidence" that you make up. YOU are not "most players".

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what the next 6-12 months are going to do to Runescape, but I kind of don't want to stick around and see.

4e0Vn.png

Runescape is constantly being redefined as to the kind of game it is, but stay in the same MMORPG genre. I think the number one thing is that behind the scenes the thing is being comitteed(sp?) to death. Also, they said the skill is like a game, but tey don't see any issue, where many, many people do. I think another issue is that they're designing the game as they want it to be instead what most of their players want it to be.

I'm not going into it anymore than that.

No offense, but that is horrible reasoning and assumpation. You are not willing to provide details as to how it is been redefined over and over again. Unless you provide some reasoning I seriously have no idea what are you talking about. I can just state that the developers are trying to make the best improvements to generate more profit, Jagex is a business after all.

As to the skill is more like an activity, yes I agree it is more like an activity than other skills, but is it an issue? I do not think so. Think about it, if Jagex decide to release D'eering as an activity with no changes instead of the category it is placed under, will the game play suddenly change? Absolutely not because the core of the content has not been changed. Yes there are people who thinks this is an issue, biggest reason so far seems to be that it is only in one location. I think it is safe to say that there are going to be more than one dungeons, so are the ranters satisfied? To be honest I think many of those people just rant for the sake of ranting.

Lastly, yes Jagex is making the game they want. However, you provided no evidence that the majority of players dislike their decisions. In fact if you check the post on RSC posted by W13, Jagex is making more money than ever. They are successful, and I doubt they can do that if more than 50% of their players dislike the way the game is going.

So really, you do not wish to provide details, that is fine, but please do not be surprised if people are skeptical on your statements.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

No, I won't go into it further with you two because I simply don't care to bicker with people who aren't objective and frankly, it would be wasted breath, or keystrokes to be more accurate, to do so.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

No, I won't go into it further with you two because I simply don't care to bicker with people who aren't objective and frankly, it would be wasted breath, or keystrokes to be more accurate, to do so.

Now you are just being stubborn and a bit rude, but alright.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

All I want from you is an admission that YOU are who you are talking about. You keep injecting things like "MOST PLAYERS" when it is a lie. You keep saying things like "This WILL ____" when you have no EVIDENCE that something WILL happen.

My problem with your discussion in this thread is NOT that you are hating on anything, it is that you are saying Jagex NEEDS to do ____ needs to change _____ and that this thing or that thing is factually flawed.

If you want to look at the sky and tell me "I am going to believe the sky is red" Then go ahead. But if you are going to say "The sky is red and people need to change their opinion on the sky, and red skies are much better in fact" then I am going to have to disagree with you.

All I want is an admission that you have posted nothing factual or reasonable. Your statements are based on an illogical hatred and dislike.

You are allowed to dislike it, but you arent allowed to tell me that everyone should dislike it and that it is a factually flawed update. Just tell me you are being unreasonable.

Grom, if you read the Q&A, there were question about things people called problems. Jagex just said they werent and din't really dispel the issue.

This is exactly what I can't let you just do. You are denying reality. I have showed you where you denied reality by quoting the post that Jagex made, and you deny my post. Perhaps you should check yourself into a mental hospital, because you seem to be having delusions.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

No, I won't go into it further with you two because I simply don't care to bicker with people who aren't objective

objective - (adj) not influenced by personal feelings, interpretations, or prejudice; based on facts; unbiased: an objective opinion.

I AM objective. You ARENT objective. I have presented you with facts, examples from the game, examples from the past.

You have presented us with opinions. Don't call yourself objective. You are subjective.

Myweponsgood.gif

Wow, you guys got so pissy because I didn't want to argue with you anymore, yes I'm the one who's supposed to be angry, bitter one. lol :rolleyes:

Wow, you guys got so pissy because I didn't want to argue with you anymore, yes I'm the one who's supposed to be angry, bitter one. lol :rolleyes:

I state facts and you respond with denial and name-calling. Reasonable.

Myweponsgood.gif

I'm the one calling you names? No, not really. I got tired of enabling you and you both got all huffy about the whole thing. It's all really very amusing.

Look, you're wrong okay? Kevin Bacon wasn't in foot loose.

I'm the one calling you names? No, not really. I got tired of enabling you and you both got all huffy about the whole thing. It's all really very amusing.

I'm really not huffy.

Im giving you reasons why you are wrong, and your brain is telling you that I am being threatening.

Why? Because you refuse to be rational, and you refuse to admit that your wrong opinions are based on no reasons.

To prevent you from being wrong, your brain uses a defense mechanism and percieves me as being the illogical one.

I have given you plenty of claims and support. You have given me nothing but claims, and refuse to admit that they are irrational claims. Why?

>moan at Jagex for apparently being concise and confident (or arrogant, depending on your pov)

>do the same thing and claim it's legit now

Quoted for truth.

MHL, I challenge you to show me how you are being any different from what Jagex is doing. Even if they WERE being completely irrational, you think they are saying "You are wrong" and you just say "I am right"

I think the designers of the game have rule over you. Sorry. If they had no reason for doing something, their lack of a reason is still greater than or EQUAL to your right. Your irrationality does not beat Jagex's irrationality, even if they WERE being irrational.

Myweponsgood.gif

Look, you're wrong okay? Kevin Bacon wasn't in foot loose.

I do not understand it? Where did you get the impression that I was "huffy"? I was just curious as to what your reasonings are.

11-1.jpg[

:thumbsup: Because I don't really care if it's right or wrong at the moment. Most of your facts are Jagex opinions. I have differing opinons and this whole argument is one gray area. I realize that and am having fun with you guys because you're taking it so seriously.

:thumbsup: Because I don't really care if it's right or wrong at the moment. Most of your facts are Jagex opinions. I have differing opinons and this whole argument is one gray area. I realize that and am having fun with you guys because you're taking it so seriously.

Sure, it is my pleasure to provide some entertainment. However again you stated something which you refuse to provide something to back it up, now you are just trolling a bit.(Having lulz by trying to provoke rage)

11-1.jpg[

Uh.....why are the battles in this thread more intense than the boss fights in Daemonhiem :thumbdown: ? Come on guys, if you are going to continue this argument, take it to pm. It is quite frustrating that the new skill thread is being filled with flaming and bickering, when there is brand new content to explore. Just get over it, agree to disagree, and move on. Would that not be better???

OT: I am finding this skill more and more enjoyable as I go on. A mini-game it may be, but who cares, a mini-game skill is a great concept. Who needs to sit and grind, when you can play an exciting group activity to level instead?

The only gripe I have is the rewards. They are great and all, but I think it would be better and make more sense if each reward was a drop from one of the bosses, and a really rare drop at that.

I can also see this skill being put to use in other areas, such as opening the door at GWD, excavating something at the dig site, etc. Really, this skill can only get better with time.

TheDarkestLight2.jpg

[hide]

Come, be my light.

Mingle with my darkness

May we mix to create

Our own twilight sunset

The dusk breeze

Spreading clouds

On our murky horizon

~Darkpoet837~[/hide]

Uh.....why are the battles in this thread more intense than the boss fights in Daemonhiem :thumbdown: ? Come on guys, if you are going to continue this argument, take it to pm. It is quite frustrating that the new skill thread is being filled with flaming and bickering, when there is brand new content to explore. Just get over it, agree to disagree, and move on. Would that not be better???

OT: I am finding this skill more and more enjoyable as I go on. A mini-game it may be, but who cares, a mini-game skill is a great concept. Who needs to sit and grind, when you can play an exciting group activity to level instead?

The only gripe I have is the rewards. They are great and all, but I think it would be better and make more sense if each reward was a drop from one of the bosses, and a really rare drop at that.

I can also see this skill being put to use in other areas, such as opening the door at GWD, excavating something at the dig site, etc. Really, this skill can only get better with time.

You are right, but hey this is one of the biggest thread in the forum now. Actually this is probably the fastest growing thread in tif history.

I am a bit confuse here about binding. If you bind a weapon and then you quit the dungeon after finishing the floor and do something else(like gwd), will you lose the bound item?

Also, is the lever room possible to do solo?

11-1.jpg[

Oh darn it. We had pages, and pages of useful info about the game then someone went and fed the trolls again. Here's a tip if you like the skill (or minigame or skillygame); if someone is talking about why they don't like it, don't try to convince them otherwise.

By the way, I feel a little silly not realizing you could bind 125 ammo/runes AND an item. Not that useful seeing as I'm able to make most runes and I don't range much yet in the dungeon.

For the guy wondering about limited time: Do a speed run by using complexity of 1 to 3. You'll get massively reduced XP but you are improving at the skill.

PS: Shouldn't Jagex allow the Complexity to stay on the selection choosen (maybe a check box)? It keeps bumping it up one level every time I finish a dungeon and go onto the next..

PPS: Shouldn't there be a way to tell what Floor we're currently on and if it's one we've completed already while INSIDE the dungeon?

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

You keep the item.

The level is possible to solo as it bases the time it takes on the number of people in the party.

MHL admitted to trolling (Y)

@NukeMarine, if you open the party inferface on your ring, it shows the floor and complexity level, as well as your current prestige rank.

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

Oh darn it. We had pages, and pages of useful info about the game then someone went and fed the trolls again. Here's a tip if you like the skill (or minigame or skillygame); if someone is talking about why they don't like it, don't try to convince them otherwise.

By the way, I feel a little silly not realizing you could bind 125 ammo/runes AND an item. Not that useful seeing as I'm able to make most runes and I don't range much yet in the dungeon.

For the guy wondering about limited time: Do a speed run by using complexity of 1 to 3. You'll get massively reduced XP but you are improving at the skill.

PS: Shouldn't Jagex allow the Complexity to stay on the selection choosen (maybe a check box)? It keeps bumping it up one level every time I finish a dungeon and go onto the next..

PPS: Shouldn't there be a way to tell what Floor we're currently on and if it's one we've completed already while INSIDE the dungeon?

Seriously? You can bind 125 ammo AND a weapon? Can somebody confirm

@Dungeonal, thanks.

11-1.jpg[

Yes you can. Check your skill guide :P

Level 50 now, I have binded a spear, a bow and 57 (sigh) gorg arrows.

It might interest some to know that at Prestige 25, I'm getting 3k + points for that per dungeon, giving me an average XP gain of about 2-2.5k per dungeon. It's not FAST xp, but it's enjoyable xp.

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

You keep the item.

The level is possible to solo as it bases the time it takes on the number of people in the party.

@NukeMarine, if you open the party inferface on your ring, it shows the floor and complexity level, as well as your current prestige rank.

I would hardly call is trolling...

I find the new skill fun, although a bit confusing: I've played a variety of MMO's and RS's fan base (IMO) is one of the worst: it has so far been impossible for me to find a good group of players to train with, which is a real frustration for me.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

You keep the item.

I would hardly call is trolling...

I find the new skill fun, although a bit confusing: I've played a variety of MMO's and RS's fan base (IMO) is one of the worst: it has so far been impossible for me to find a good group of players to train with, which is a real frustration for me.

Time to join a clan then, to be honest most of PuGs in MMORPG is horrible. RS might be the worst but eh, what can you do.

11-1.jpg[