12-Apr-2010 - Dungeoneering Skill!

12pure34

High cmb lvl really opens you up to more mature (and also high leveled) partners, I've found.

Duo-ed lvls 22-29 today, I honestly can't remember how fast or slow hunting was, but farming must've been slower and construction and summoning were faster than this. But it isn't too slow. I'm getting over 1k xp now in the floor 13+ area. Soon I'll have to reset again I think.

2 vs 1 small dungeons = fast and easy progress

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this previously in the thread, but I doubt it

As a past member, I have 70 agility, whilst Dungeoneering (on FtP of course), I encountered an Agility based Room - ie with spinning blades etc, similar to Rogues Den. For some reason I was able to go past the obstacles and, managed to gain 750 agility experience.

Here's a Screenshot from my RuneTracker page

screenshot20100415at204.png

@NukeMarine, if you open the party inferface on your ring, it shows the floor and complexity level, as well as your current prestige rank.

DOH! That should have been obvious. I get the feeling many of us are missing simple stuff that's seems basic to others, and vice versa. Sort of glad I'm not the only one that missed that bit about being able to bind ammo separate from the item.

By the way, I'm guessing that the faster you complete the dungeon, the better your experience gets to be. Wasn't that the whole reason behind capping F2P experience (high levels finishing complex 3 dungeons fast).

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Because people like to complain and critisise even when they find it fun and enjoyable. Just because it doesn't fit their opinion of what a skill is supposed to be. Truth of the matter is, they could release the best update to ever grace runescape and there would still be complainers.

If you notice, even though the point has been raised repeatedly, no one defending Dung as a skill addresses it. The problem is not just the label of skill. If that is all it was, who would care? The problem is that having Dung classified as a skill will have other consequences in the game; for instance, the ability to do a quest or finish an achievement diary. I am sure there are others as well; the law of unintended consequences is a [bleep].

This complaint is just ignored, probably because it will not matter for months, or even years. But the day when someone cant do a quest, and therefore not be able to wear his quest cape, or get to a particular spot, or get a certain drop, and then they will then lament the classification of Dung as a skill, and not just the mini-game that it is.

Before dismissing the complaint of the skill label, you may want to consider that those with concerns may be looking further down the road than you are.

Why does it bother you that it is classified as a skill? I find it quite skill like but abstract when compared to other skills. You go in the dungeon, you get to the boss and kill it. You then receive skill experience based on what you did for that dungeon. It's quite like slayer except you get all of the experience at the end of the task. I quite like that it is a new concept and I find it more intriguing than clicking on a shark and using it on a range over and over and over. It has diversity and great rewards that haven't even been achieved yet. The points system resembles the slayer points system, yet no one whines about slayer points.

Yes I am looking down the line and hoping Jagex implements new dungeons located in different areas such as Lumbridge and theming them all to that area in some sort of way. It would be even more skill like if you could travel around the map and explore dungeon's.

However this is mostly opinion and I think classifying it as a skill was the correct move as I can see a lot of potential in this already well designed skill.

Low_C.png

Uh.....why are the battles in this thread more intense than the boss fights in Daemonhiem :thumbdown: ? Come on guys, if you are going to continue this argument, take it to pm. It is quite frustrating that the new skill thread is being filled with flaming and bickering, when there is brand new content to explore. Just get over it, agree to disagree, and move on. Would that not be better???

OT: I am finding this skill more and more enjoyable as I go on. A mini-game it may be, but who cares, a mini-game skill is a great concept. Who needs to sit and grind, when you can play an exciting group activity to level instead?

The only gripe I have is the rewards. They are great and all, but I think it would be better and make more sense if each reward was a drop from one of the bosses, and a really rare drop at that.

I can also see this skill being put to use in other areas, such as opening the door at GWD, excavating something at the dig site, etc. Really, this skill can only get better with time.

You are right, but hey this is one of the biggest thread in the forum now. Actually this is probably the fastest growing thread in tif history.

I am a bit confuse here about binding. If you bind a weapon and then you quit the dungeon after finishing the floor and do something else(like gwd), will you lose the bound item?

Also, is the lever room possible to do solo?

No, you won't lose it, and yes, you can solo a lever room. The levels' timer is set to the number of players in the party when there are 5, it's about a second before it turns off, and when you solo, you have enough time (if you run) to tick them all.

Oh darn it. We had pages, and pages of useful info about the game then someone went and fed the trolls again. Here's a tip if you like the skill (or minigame or skillygame); if someone is talking about why they don't like it, don't try to convince them otherwise.

By the way, I feel a little silly not realizing you could bind 125 ammo/runes AND an item. Not that useful seeing as I'm able to make most runes and I don't range much yet in the dungeon.

For the guy wondering about limited time: Do a speed run by using complexity of 1 to 3. You'll get massively reduced XP but you are improving at the skill.

PS: Shouldn't Jagex allow the Complexity to stay on the selection choosen (maybe a check box)? It keeps bumping it up one level every time I finish a dungeon and go onto the next..

PPS: Shouldn't there be a way to tell what Floor we're currently on and if it's one we've completed already while INSIDE the dungeon?

Seriously? You can bind 125 ammo AND a weapon? Can somebody confirm

Definitely. On level 1 you can bind 1 item and up to 125 of (the same) ammo. The amount of ammo never changes, only the number of items. (ammo being runes/arrows.)

By the way, I'm guessing that the faster you complete the dungeon, the better your experience gets to be. Wasn't that the whole reason behind capping F2P experience (high levels finishing complex 3 dungeons fast).

Not at all. Time it took to complete a floor does not affect how much exp you get.

And as to the reason F2P experience was fast, is that completing dungeons took less time (and thus you got to complete more dungeons in less time- which is where the extra exp came from.)

EDIT: Sorry for triple post, some posts caught my eye and I just answered them all on different tabs.

You keep the item.

The level is possible to solo as it bases the time it takes on the number of people in the party.

MHL admitted to trolling (Y)

@NukeMarine, if you open the party inferface on your ring, it shows the floor and complexity level, as well as your current prestige rank.

I was doing targeted trolling as two specific people. :P

It's part of my new line of smart forums weapons know as "Smartasses." :D

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Can someone please tell me the stats of the Prometheum Spear and Maul? They're not in the KB as far as I can see.

Why do I get rooms that require levels over 100 that I don't even have 90 in? I thought the dungeon was built based on your levels. The potions I can make wouldn't even bring me close to such stats.

Does anyone agree with me that you should be able to bind boots and gloves separately from the other items? They're minuscule, and yet so slightly helpful.

However, you would only get Primal Boots/Gauntlets after defeating a boss, and you'd probably have something better bound, rendering them pointless since you cannot save them and do not need them if you're at the boss. (Admittedly, you might have unfinished rooms, but that's a very small use...)

How do rapiers compare to standard weaponry? They seem to be 6-speed, which would lead me to assume that they're this game's scimitars.

The reward prices are wacky. You get 1/10th of your XP as tokens, meaning you'd have to be level 52 to get even the lowest reward, and level 88 to get the highest rewards. This means that you see no real benefit aside from small bits of XP until level 52...

Also, I just realized that there's no Chaotic 2h... :(

Chaotic equipment seems subpar for level 80 stats. The weapons have no listed special attacks or abilities...

Really fun, and I mean it. This has got me playing RuneScape on a regular basis again. There are some weird things and some future issues I can foresee, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

2dgucz6.png

Why do I get rooms that require levels over 100 that I don't even have 90 in? I thought the dungeon was built based on your levels. The potions I can make wouldn't even bring me close to such stats.

That smuggler guy told me once that you may not be able to reach all rooms and shouldn't feel compelled to. I guess the reason is to give an incentive to level your skills, or benefit those who have.

Can someone please tell me the stats of the Prometheum Spear and Maul? They're not in the KB as far as I can see.

Does anyone agree with me that you should be able to bind boots and gloves separately from the other items? They're minuscule, and yet so slightly helpful.

However, you would only get Primal Boots/Gauntlets after defeating a boss, and you'd probably have something better bound, rendering them pointless since you cannot save them and do not need them if you're at the boss. (Admittedly, you might have unfinished rooms, but that's a very small use...)

How do rapiers compare to standard weaponry? They seem to be 6-speed, which would lead me to assume that they're this game's scimitars.

The reward prices are wacky. You get 1/10th of your XP as tokens, meaning you'd have to be level 52 to get even the lowest reward, and level 88 to get the highest rewards. This means that you see no real benefit aside from small bits of XP until level 52...

Chaotic equipment seems subpar for level 80 stats. The weapons have no listed special attacks or abilities...

Really fun, and I mean it. This has got me playing RuneScape on a regular basis again. There are some weird things and some future issues I can foresee, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Here's the maul:

maulr.png

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png

Here's the maul:

maulr.png

How fast are mauls in Daemonheim anyway? From what I saw, they seem faster than 3 speed...

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Here's the maul:

maulr.png

How fast are mauls in Daemonheim anyway? From what I saw, they seem faster than 3 speed...

The speed is decent, but you'll have a hard time hitting a lot of monsters like mages, so it's really not worth it. I had a primal maul before, now I'm using primal rapier and imo it's a bit better.

The speed is decent, but you'll have a hard time hitting a lot of monsters like mages, so it's really not worth it. I had a primal maul before, now I'm using primal rapier and imo it's a bit better.

I'll take my spear over the rapier any day. There are so many things weak to crush, but i still find myself using at least crush and slash in every dungeon, most of the time also stab. It's all about versatility for that first bound item.

I'll take my spear over the rapier any day. There are so many things weak to crush, but i still find myself using at least crush and slash in every dungeon, most of the time also stab. It's all about versatility for that first bound item.

Yes, a spear is obviously better, but I haven't come across a primal spear yet. And thus far rapier > maul.

on that luminecent icefiend, It seems that all killing blows on it are 1, and always right out of the shield phaze... so I'm guessing as soon as you hit it to nothing, hp defaults to 1 and it starts it's icerain attack.

on that luminecent icefiend, It seems that all killing blows on it are 1, and always right out of the shield phaze... so I'm guessing as soon as you hit it to nothing, hp defaults to 1 and it starts it's icerain attack.

Yeah, that happens to me too.

When its at 1lp it goes into a last ditch icicle drop attack as a last ditch attempt to try to kill you.

newsigb.png

99 Attack - Done

When its at 1lp it goes into a last ditch icicle drop attack as a last ditch attempt to try to kill you.

it is possible to kill him before he goes into that phase

it happened to me once, probably a glitch

I havent been able to reproduce it.

Naaxi.png

it is possible to kill him before he goes into that phase

it happened to me once, probably a glitch

I havent been able to reproduce it.

I've noticed that with a lot of bosses there is probably a set lifepoints level for each time they use their special attack. I found this most obvious when killing Stomp.

redarrows-1.png

I've noticed that with a lot of bosses there is probably a set lifepoints level for each time they use their special attack. I found this most obvious when killing Stomp.

Yup, as far as I can tell (so far) this applies to the luminescent icefiend, stomp, and sagittare. Btw you notice that after you get stomp down to 1/3 health he starts doing a STUPID ammount of damage? He was hitting me for EXACTLY 247 damage constantly like my armor wasn't even there.

Yup, as far as I can tell (so far) this applies to the luminescent icefiend, stomp, and sagittare. Btw you notice that after you get stomp down to 1/3 health he starts doing a STUPID ammount of damage? He was hitting me for EXACTLY 247 damage constantly like my armor wasn't even there.

I didn't notice that. His attacks seemed fairly weak, and only hit about as often as I could veng myself. I had more trouble with his special attacks. The first two times he used them, debris blocked my access to one of the two lodestones, so that I was unable to place a crystal there. I couldn't mine it away or anything, and I don't know if this is intentional (because he healed to full HP both times). Good thing this didn't happen when he was almost dead. :mellow:

Also, to the person asking about doors with high level requirements: Besides potions, you can use summoning to boost your skills. Hoardstalker familiars (the foraging ones) offer an invisible skill boost ranging from 1 to 10. This means that there could conceivably be requirements of 110+ plus in a skill.

Tact.gif

I noticed this also; for me it was 240 damage. Some kind of berserk mode? Really annoying combined with the fact that the rocks can block lodestones off too. Should be an option to mine them or climb over...

redarrows-1.png