12-Apr-2010 - Dungeoneering Skill!

12pure34

Why level 80? Logically, the XP you get can't get any faster after level 69 (when you unlock maximum prestige).

And if they add a different dungeon, there's nothing saying the XP or Prestige rank for that dungeon will be the same.

Well assuming there are 80 floors.

there's a dungeoneering batch 2 coming

that and the journals hint at there being 5 Demon generals, and only 3 have been released

I think it's fairly obvious that more floors are coming.

as for another dungeon, yeah I didn't account for that, that's too out there.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make though.

Naaxi.png

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ring of kinship gives a free unlimited teleport reasonably close to a bank.

Don't know if anyone noticed.

It really helps Graahking if you're allowed to take summoning familiars there.

EDIT: Oh...you can take a familiar there, but the spot's rather far from the bank to graahk that way. Oh well. Wishful thinking! Still good for other things though.

hzvjpwS.gif

I wish I could get better than 800xp a floor with prestige 22, but alas the cap on f2p experience means I need to run from top to bottom completely to gain a level. Kind of annoying but oh well.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

The fact that you get XP in other skills is, for me at least, not a big attraction. The whole idea of a new skill should have been something that added a new interesting dimension to all of RuneScape. If I wanted to train those other skills, I would train them or play a... minigame.

Most of the XP I am getting is in combat, and there are many players who really don't need it. The last skill already required getting tons of combat XP to train it.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

The fact that you get XP in other skills is, for me at least, not a big attraction. The whole idea of a new skill should have been something that added a new interesting dimension to all of RuneScape. If I wanted to train those other skills, I would train them or play a... minigame.

Most of the XP I am getting is in combat, and there are many players who really don't need it. The last skill already required getting tons of combat XP to train it.

I quite like the fact you get xp in the dungeon. I don't see it as a way to train the skill, more as a bonus to train Dungeoneering. This skill doesn't require you to get tons of combat XP to train it, you get the combat XP while training it, and if you don't want to get the combat XP you can also just not fight and work as the skiller of a team.

I quite like the fact you get xp in the dungeon. I don't see it as a way to train the skill, more as a bonus to train Dungeoneering. This skill doesn't require you to get tons of combat XP to train it, you get the combat XP while training it, and if you don't want to get the combat XP you can also just not fight and work as the skiller of a team.

That would work except the combat lvl of the monsters is based on the combat lvl of the team. If you are high lvl, you are going to move up the average combat lvl of your team, increasing the difficulty of the monsters, so if you don't help fight, the whole team is going to have much more trouble with the monsters.

That would work except the combat lvl of the monsters is based on the combat lvl of the team. If you are high lvl, you are going to move up the average combat lvl of your team, increasing the difficulty of the monsters, so if you don't help fight, the whole team is going to have much more trouble with the monsters.

I was referring to skillers and such that can't fight. If you can fight, if your level is high enough, you should at least help out a bit.

I'm happy, Rammernaut just dropped a primal maul. Destroyed my promethium spear p++ and bound it. Probably going to keep the primal spear when I get that, but seriously +185 crush is too ownage to pass up for now.

I'm happy, Rammernaut just dropped a primal maul. Destroyed my promethium spear p++ and bound it. Probably going to keep the primal spear when I get that, but seriously +185 crush is too ownage to pass up for now.

solo? o.O

Naaxi.png

solo? o.O

Indeed :-D

solo? o.O

I thought you were limited to 1 bar primal drops solo! I cry hax!

Naaxi.png

solo? o.O

Where did you get that info? Anyway Rammer always drops mauls (at least he has for me) so maybe he's an exception to the rule. (if there is one?)

solo? o.O

Where did you get that info? Anyway Rammer always drops mauls (at least he has for me) so maybe he's an exception to the rule. (if there is one?)

I didn't get that info from anywhere.

I was humoring the possibility that there are certain drops that can ONLY be acquired in teams.

Naaxi.png

So to maximize my Prestige, I should run through all of the levels again, then reset when I finish all of the levels? And could I do that on Complexity 1 to minimize the time repeating?

The first part is correct. You don't have to run through all the levels in one single trip though, so I can have a prestige of 10, do 1-5, get out of the dungeon when on 6, log off, chill, come back and choose to start from level 6 before going down the dungeon again.

If you do it on Complexity 1 you get a 50% penalty. Only complexity level 6 has no penalty.

I meant on the "lower" floors like 1-5, not the end floors. Would doing it on Complexity 1 affect my prestige in anyway?

When the best thing most people can find to say about a so-called "skill" is that they get lots of XP in *other* skills -- which actually have some use in the real game -- you know something is pretty seriously wrong.

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

When the best thing most people can find to say about a so-called "skill" is that they get lots of XP in *other* skills -- which actually have some use in the real game -- you know something is pretty seriously wrong.

At the moment, I have to agree that the skill is too self-contained, but I know that a second batch of content is coming out in the next couple months that should rectify most of the problems we have with it. Just like summoning, I hope.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

...People are also having fun, you know, which is the point of the game anyway. If you hate it, just don't try. :/

[hide]sevestia.png[/hide]

What nonsense. What utter nonsense. Does summoning not serve only to aid other skills? Do people not choose to train their combat with slayer? And is FIREMAKING really a skill, and this isn't? Oh yes, and the "best" thing to say about this skill isn't that you get exp in other skills, it's that unlike all other skills, this one is actually fun. Maybe not to you, but certainly to anyone who likes doing other things besides the same menial tasks over and over again. Oh and I wouldn't call the equipment you get from this skill "useless" either. Far too expensive now, perhaps, but Jagex said they are currently re-balancing the costs.

Or that it's fun to level and play.

Only real flaw I've gotten across (other than that the dungeons being quite repetitive), is the fact you can't join back your "own party" if you disconnect when soloing the dungeons. I mean I've few times already got my browser to crash down right at the end of dungeon. It's quite annoying feeling when you used 20 minutes to clear the dungeon and end up without getting any XP out of it.

For player like me who likes to solo on things like this, this is a big problem. I don't see reason why you couldn't just get back to where you were before disconnecting...?

I guess I just have to team up every time I play, to avoid things like this. :-?

u5zhkTY.gif

What nonsense. What utter nonsense. Does summoning not serve only to aid other skills? Do people not choose to train their combat with slayer? And is FIREMAKING really a skill, and this isn't? Oh yes, and the "best" thing to say about this skill isn't that you get exp in other skills, it's that unlike all other skills, this one is actually fun. Maybe not to you, but certainly to anyone who likes doing other things besides the same menial tasks over and over again. Oh and I wouldn't call the equipment you get from this skill "useless" either. Far too expensive now, perhaps, but Jagex said they are currently re-balancing the costs.

what qeltar's trying to say is that higher dungeoneering level doesn't actually make you feel like a better dungeon raider

Dungeoneering only really affects the minigame in 2 ways

the # of items you can bind (which is fairly limited)

and the floors you can go to (which ultimately may or may not make you feel like a better dungeoneer)

Regardless of your dungeoneering level, you're gonna have just as hard a time raiding dungeon floor 1 at lvl 50 dungeoneering, as lvl 99

ignoring your stats rising in other skills and what not.

at least that's what I think he's saying.

I honestly wouldnt mind if dungeoneering had more intermitten perks

like lvl 70 - spawn with 10 salve eels

lvl 40 - spawn with 3000 gold coins

lvl 30 - spawn with a gatestone

i don't know. Jagex deliberately limited it so that players would still need to engage in the looting aspect of the game

but they definitely could have added more perks to the skill.

Naaxi.png

Yet both Summoning and Slayer provide materialistic advantages for the skills they support, whilst this skill provides nothing but expirience, which could be sustained far faster by simply training the skill in a normal manner. You also have no evidence that Qeltar supports the skill firemaking, which in my opinion is a terrible example of a skill. Furthermore, in a game about maximizing effectiveness, "fun" can be quite a subjunctive term. Some people simply enjoy gaining levels, others like PvP, and still others will love this skill. In this game, it is impossible to define something as truly "fun"; you need rewards for the more "efficent minded" people as well.

A solution to to former problem, however, would be to merely make the rewards easier to obtain, and possibly more of them.

Does summoning not serve only to aid other skills?

At level 50 Summoning, I had achieved abilities in a SKILL that helped me doing nearly everything in RS.

What have I achieved at level 50 of this mess? Some guy says I have tokens. Hardly comparable.

The emperor has no clothes. This is not a skill, it's a minigame, and a poorly designed and tested one at that.

Oh and I wouldn't call the equipment you get from this skill "useless" either. Far too expensive now, perhaps, but Jagex said they are currently re-balancing the costs.

That equipment will have little impact on the game. Based on that criterion, Barrows is more of a skill than this POS. At least after spending 20 hours at the Barrows, I have something to show for it.

And maybe if Jagex actually had a clue how people play their game, they might be able to release a major piece of content that doesn't have to be redesigned.

signew2.png