12-Apr-2010 - Dungeoneering Skill!

12pure34

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oops2.png

Apparently, you shall not pass.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Shadow-Forger Ihlahkizan died once first time against him, I got a primal kite <3 I had auto on for the most part which didnt help, drained my stats down to 20 :\

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtMYwRkFb5o

Very cool video. It reminds me of something off of a Zelda game.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

ive heard of a 5man team run into a lvl 525 boss

whats highest uve seen? pics are awsome rememebr ive seen a lvl 320 in trio thats it

I ran into a level 575 Behemoth with a five man team (with one down). Everyone except me was 120+.They all had Tier 10 weapons except me, who had a Tier 9 2h. We had a large amount of Cave Morray spots, and didn't burn too many.

Needless to say, We had our [wagon] handed to us. That thing was a behemoth in full title. It could constantly hit 500s+, used all three styles, and was accurate at that. Whenever it targeted me, I was dead within the next five rounds of combat. The others, who actually had some nice armour, survived longer, but it still killed them. Twice we got it down to about 1/3rd hitpoints before we lost three and it woud eat back to full. We eventually just gave up.

EDIT: Also, to make sure. I just went through and completed every dungeon I could. Should I reset now?

ive heard of a 5man team run into a lvl 525 boss

whats highest uve seen? pics are awsome rememebr ive seen a lvl 320 in trio thats it

I ran into a level 575 Behemoth with a five man team (with one down). Everyone except me was 120+. We had a large amount of Cave Morray spots, and didn't burn too many.

We had our [wagon] handed to us.

EDIT: Also, to make sure. I just went through and completed every dungeon I could. Should I reset now?

Yes, you should.

Shadow-Forger Ihlahkizan died once first time against him, I got a primal kite <3 I had auto on for the most part which didnt help, drained my stats down to 20 :\

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtMYwRkFb5o

standing a few squares away from him and ranging works very well. You take a lot less damage that way and I think it might be weak to range.

good call hiding behind the pillar when he charges up that yellow discharge move.

4e0Vn.png

best way for stomp atm is to block the rocks that will stop you getting to lodestone BEFORE you go for crystals theres a greater chance you will be able to stop him healing that way.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I just don't understand why the rewards are so out of sync price from the required levels. It's impossible to have enough tokens to buy a reward at the level it says you can use it at. What is the point? Why not make the level requirement at a point where you could theoretically purchase the item.

My thoughts exactly. Im lucky to get maybe 10-14 tokens per game, the Frost Tomb is 70k.

I'm looking at maybe 1000 Games (5000 if its 10-14 ALL THE WAY THRU) JUST for the book.

Popoto.~<3

I just don't understand why the rewards are so out of sync price from the required levels. It's impossible to have enough tokens to buy a reward at the level it says you can use it at. What is the point? Why not make the level requirement at a point where you could theoretically purchase the item.

My thoughts exactly. Im lucky to get maybe 10-14 tokens per game, the Frost Tomb is 70k.

I'm looking at maybe 1000 Games (5000 if its 10-14 ALL THE WAY THRU) JUST for the book.

it scales up. Im level 38 and getting somewhere around 100 tokens per level at the moment.

by the way i know this is off topic but what's the hyt chat now?

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

It's a 10:1 xp:token ratio rounded down.

with higher prestige you will start to get a minimum of around 350-500 tokens at the lower levels. (1-10)

it will continue to go up as you go deeper in the dungeon.

I want to see what I can get on floor 35 with 35 prestige.

4e0Vn.png

Has anyone else notices that the combat triangle seems highly inforced in this new skill? I'm still only lvl 15, but it seems like everytime I fight magers with range, and rangers with melee, and melee with magic the battles.... go better.

They did make the NPC's moderately based on the combat triangle, or at least more-so than the way rs-world NPC's are. This isn't to say you *have* to follow the combat triangle in every instance though. It just makes it much easier. Like always, melee can be pumped up the majority of the time to take on most combat challenges effectively.

just died at boss and now have no food no gp to beat lvl. so i rage quit for the night. goddamnit jagex....

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

When will they fix the following problems? These ones specifically:

- Guide Mode glitch, on complexities 1-4, regardless of whether you have it on or not you will ALWAYS get a 6% penalty.

- Solo disconnection, this causes your progress to be lost.

- RC experience, it's fine as it is at 1/10, why go all ahead to 1/50?

- Re-locking doors, though it only happens to bonus doors, it's still annoying that when you unlock a door, it re-locks after some time.

- Skill doors, some bonus skill doors have over 100 level requirements, and the P2P skill doors appear in F2P too.

- Capped F2P experience for only high-levels, if Jagex wishes to cap exp they should do it to ALL F2P, not just the high-levels.

Others like the music unlock glitch and the examine glitch I don't care about, it's just those ones that bother me.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

When will they fix the following problems? These ones specifically:

- Guide Mode glitch, on complexities 1-4, regardless of whether you have it on or not you will ALWAYS get a 6% penalty.

- Solo disconnection, this causes your progress to be lost.

- RC experience, it's fine as it is at 1/10, why go all ahead to 1/50?

- Re-locking doors, though it only happens to bonus doors, it's still annoying that when you unlock a door, it re-locks after some time.

- Skill doors, some bonus skill doors have over 100 level requirements, and the P2P skill doors appear in F2P too.

- Capped F2P experience for only high-levels, if Jagex wishes to cap exp they should do it to ALL F2P, not just the high-levels.

Others like the music unlock glitch and the examine glitch I don't care about, it's just those ones that bother me.

Guide Mode glitch: very minimal in terms of how disruptive it is to skill training. Low developer priority.

Solo disconnection: they don't have the technical capabilities yet. This is highest priority.

RC: it's very hard to balance rune prices, costs, and essence prices. The current low experience rate is a temporary solution until they can balance it longterm.

Re-locking doors: Once again, very low priority

Skill doors: it's a built-in annoyance, it showcases p2p features to f2p and entices them to subscribe. Over 100 level requirements are passable, you just need to figure out how.

Capped f2p experience: lower level f2pers are already capped by their inability to kill things quickly. Though I agree, increasing p2p exp was the way to go.

2496 Completionist

Actually, the door re-locking glitch doesn't just apply to bonus rooms, as I saw.

[hide=Door Re-Locking Glitch in a main room (from RSWiki)]Green_open.png[/hide]

So I don't think it's low priority anymore...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Out of interest: Are there groups that form a real combat triangle team: mage (bind staff and runes), range (bind bow and arrows), and melee (bind weapon and maybe runes or arrows). It would seem a team like this could muscle their way through a 3:1 or 3:2 dungeon, with the forgotten mages/rangers/warriors providing most of the armor.

Seems this is how Jagex wants it set up, seeing the strict limitations on binding but easy way one can "make" the best armor if you have the cash.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit