A new maximum level?

SwreeTak

Edit, newer post:

It seems like the question about a possible new skill cap have got it's answer. A big thank you to Elevenicy for posting this:

From the new FAQ

It's sticked at the top of recent updates.

15-16-509-60760272

"Will you be raising all skill caps to level 120? "

There are no plans to change any of the other skills at this time.

skills120.png

I believe Mod Emilee, but of course we can still keep discussing :thumbup:

What do you think, is this good or bad? Will level 120 stick out with all the other skills at a maximum of 99? Or is Dungeoneering such a nice and special skill it deserves a higher max level?

Original post:

After the release of the new skill, Dungeoneering, I checked the skill guide as soon as I had logged on. And I got very surprised when I checked the milestones and item binding section. Check for yourselves:

dungeoneering.png

dungeoneering1.png

What does this mean, do you think? What do "True skill mastery" mean? Are we going to get a new maximum level?

I ask you, the community, since I myself have no answer. I don't think this is a bug though, since both the maximum levels are 120, and not a random number.

This seems quite seriously done to me and I think that it is possible that Jagex have revealed something by mistake here.

Discuss.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As this skill is so different from any other skill ever implemented it will be the only one with a skill cap at level 120 and other will not follow.

We still know so little about this skill, who knows... maybe u will be raking in 1M xp+ including tokens @ lvl 90+

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

The xp to 99 doesn't seem that much at this time, however level 120 is 100M+ xp(I forgot the actual xp,it's more than 100M anyway).My guess is there is going to be a part 2 of the skill(like summoning) where it gets tweaked.Perhaps from 99onwards, the xp you get is multiplied by a factor or something.Who knows.Let just see someone get 99 in it first.

This is a nice first step into removing the 99 cap. I've been waiting 5 years to get my attack stats above 99 as base levels... Really hope for a removal of the cap in the next year or so...

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

This is a nice first step into removing the 99 cap. I've been waiting 5 years to get my attack stats above 99 as base levels... Really hope for a removal of the cap in the next year or so...

I really can't imagine this going down particularly well within the community. Many people will be furious that they got 99 in a skill and they're no longer the best they can be in it.

It's certainley interesting.

edtheripperpixelsigv2zy8.png

Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.

99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.

Anyone at Manchester University PM me

As this skill is so different from any other skill ever implemented it will be the only one with a skill cap at level 120 and other will not follow.

We still know so little about this skill, who knows... maybe u will be raking in 1M xp+ including tokens @ lvl 90+

That is true. This skill is really very different from the other ones, in many ways. It's more like a minigame.

I however have to say that it sounds a little strange still if all skills except one, this one, has a maximum level of 99. Dungeoneering's 120 seems to stick out too much.

lGxorje.png

I really can't imagine this going down particularly well within the community. Many people will be furious that they got 99 in a skill and they're no longer the best they can be in it.

Many players will be happy that training a skill they liked training to 99 will open up for new levels....

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

so my question is does this new skill effect combat levels?

RSN: 1 day late | Private chat: On

| 60 ATTACK | 81 STRENGTH | 72 HITPOINTS |

| 80 MAGIC | 13 PRAYER | 1 DEFENSE | 65 COMBAT |

Many players will be happy that training a skill they liked training to 99 will open up for new levels....

Yes but those players tend to be the more mature players. Unlike the majority of RSOF who will winge when their 99 cooking no longer has the presteige that they thought it had.

edtheripperpixelsigv2zy8.png

Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.

99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.

Anyone at Manchester University PM me

To be honest, once I get 99 woodcutting I probably wouldn't woodcut. I enjoy woodcutting, but I'd prefer to just not do it again once I hit 99 >.<

@Gotsol, no, it doesn't affect combat.

I agree with above, if i decide to get 99 theiving, then cap is removed, it will p' me off tbh

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I believe that the other skills will eventually have 120 levels as well. When I signed back in after the system update, all of my skills glitched and said 120/120 for a split second. Wasn't able to take a screen shot of it though...

I want the 99 level cap removed. Will give me a reason to get to 200M range experience or so.

(And, hypothetically speaking, if the level cap were removed, does anyone know what level 44M range experience would be?)

44M experience in a skill should relate to Level 111 in a skill. There's a page with the full experience tables up to 200M here: Level - Exp Table

Also shows that for Level-120 this skill requires 104,273,167 experience. That's quite a massive amount in comparison to the 13M experience required for level 99. I do wonder if Jagex is really 'upping the ante' with this and giving a little bit more incentive to others to train higher.

Personally, I can't see myself aiming for that unless the experience rates are quite a bit higher at higher levels - that's quite some time required otherwise.

I agree with above, if i decide to get 99 theiving, then cap is removed, it will p' me off tbh

If Jagex decided to do so for the other skill, except Dungeoneering, I think a lot of people would be upset. All the hard work for that 99, the maximum level, would feel a lot less worth. People have also got used to that level 99 is the maximum level. So changing it seems quite stupid in a way.

However the result will be, It will be really interesting to see how this develops.

lGxorje.png

Also shows that for Level-120 this skill requires 104,273,167 experience. That's quite a massive amount in comparison to the 13M experience required for level 99. I do wonder if Jagex is really 'upping the ante' with this and giving a little bit more incentive to others to train higher.

Personally, I can't see myself aiming for that unless the experience rates are quite a bit higher at higher levels - that's quite some time required otherwise.

I've got the long term goal of getting 99 in every F2P skill. If I had to get 120 (with 104M XP), I'd quit before I got to level 100. The experience rates are too slow, and I actually have a life.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I've got the long term goal of getting 99 in every F2P skill. If I had to get 120 (with 104M XP), I'd quit before I got to level 100. The experience rates are too slow, and I actually have a life.

Same here. Life is to me more important than 104 something million exp.

lGxorje.png

Id definately quit rs if the level cap for all skills is 120. I only play to max out my character to all 99s, and i do have a life. not worth playing to me anymore if they decide i need to get like 3b-4b exp to get something all of a sudden.

fairly sure ill be quitting rs soon as its confirmed

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning

Seems weird that Jagex is encouraging skilling which is usually linked to no-lifing. What with the bonus exp weekend, and now this (if it is true), it seems Jagex seems to finally be siding with the grinders. Before MMG they discouraged it.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

I ask you, the community, since I myself have no answer. I don't think this is a bug though, since both the maximum levels are 120, and not a random number.

This seems quite seriously done to me and I think that it is possible that Jagex have revealed something by mistake here.

Discuss.

I hear you. I saw this not 5 minutes after the update. I know of somethings that were bugs though. The melee gloves said 120 Strength bonus but I went back not too long ago and they said 12 Strength bonus. Many other items had the same problem. This might be a bug but I highly doubt it. I think a lot of people are going to find relief in knowing that after 10 years the level cap of 99 has been broken (which may in fact be a clue to a bigger update).

bananaontop-1.gif

Revelacion.png