Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A new maximum level?

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

SwreeTak
[ Display Name History ]

SwreeTak

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,739 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:SwreeTak
  • Clan:Arcane Chroniclers

Also shows that for Level-120 this skill requires 104,273,167 experience. That's quite a massive amount in comparison to the 13M experience required for level 99. I do wonder if Jagex is really 'upping the ante' with this and giving a little bit more incentive to others to train higher.

Personally, I can't see myself aiming for that unless the experience rates are quite a bit higher at higher levels - that's quite some time required otherwise.

I've got the long term goal of getting 99 in every F2P skill. If I had to get 120 (with 104M XP), I'd quit before I got to level 100. The experience rates are too slow, and I actually have a life.

Same here. Life is to me more important than 104 something million exp.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Wisky_is_Goo
[ Display Name History ]

Wisky_is_Goo

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 389 posts
  • RSN:Wisky_is_goo
I feel like having to get over 104m xp to get a level 120 is a bit insane consdering 99's are only 13m
Posted Image

ilovecardj
[ Display Name History ]

ilovecardj

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,231 posts
Id definately quit rs if the level cap for all skills is 120. I only play to max out my character to all 99s, and i do have a life. not worth playing to me anymore if they decide i need to get like 3b-4b exp to get something all of a sudden.

fairly sure ill be quitting rs soon as its confirmed

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h
Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)
Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2
Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning

mario_sunny
[ Display Name History ]

mario_sunny

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,412 posts
Seems weird that Jagex is encouraging skilling which is usually linked to no-lifing. What with the bonus exp weekend, and now this (if it is true), it seems Jagex seems to finally be siding with the grinders. Before MMG they discouraged it.
Posted Image
By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

SteveMiddle
[ Display Name History ]

SteveMiddle

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • RSN:Revelacion

I ask you, the community, since I myself have no answer. I don't think this is a bug though, since both the maximum levels are 120, and not a random number.
This seems quite seriously done to me and I think that it is possible that Jagex have revealed something by mistake here.
Discuss.

I hear you. I saw this not 5 minutes after the update. I know of somethings that were bugs though. The melee gloves said 120 Strength bonus but I went back not too long ago and they said 12 Strength bonus. Many other items had the same problem. This might be a bug but I highly doubt it. I think a lot of people are going to find relief in knowing that after 10 years the level cap of 99 has been broken (which may in fact be a clue to a bigger update).

Posted Image

Posted Image

stevepole
[ Display Name History ]

stevepole

Ace of Spades

• Members
  • 8,477 posts
I don't play anymore but I think increasing the max limit to 120 would be great. It would open up so many new possibilities for Runescape to expand to a much greater game. Way to many people have 99s now they've truly lost their significance imo. Thumbs up Jagex if this implemented for all skills.
Posted Image

Kalafai
[ Display Name History ]

Kalafai

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • RSN:Time Kitten
  • RSN2:Kalafai
Anyone waiting for that level 120 five man bottom level large dungeon crawl that takes an epic 10 hours? Anyone?

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts
  • RSN:Obtaurian
  • Clan:Dungeonsweepers (DGS)
I would be happy with increasing the cap to 120. The only problem I foresee is current bosses becoming akin to chickens.

Posted Image

To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Gradeskip
[ Display Name History ]

Gradeskip

The Gradeskipper

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • RSN:Zr
  • RSN2:Gradeskip
  • Clan:Gold Skillers, FnL
According to my calculs, level 120 would be: 104,275,448 xp.

w3bi.png

7ahl.pngZr.png1buy.png

eblo.png

Golvellius
[ Display Name History ]

Golvellius

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,685 posts
This is by far the most fascinating aspect of the update.
The possibility to continue all skills to 120 and get new skill capes of true mastery.
I could again focus solely on combat and agility. <3:

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

mcneilp
[ Display Name History ]

mcneilp

Slàinte

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Not sure how i'd react if they increased the cap to 120. Sure, it'd be nice to unlock new stuff in the skills i've already got to 99 but then again, the difference between 99 and 120 is massive. Don't even have 104M total exp after however many years i've played this game.
Maybe it will just be for this skill, we'll need to wait and see.
It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below
Scottish friction
Scottish fiction

Aneron
[ Display Name History ]

Aneron

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Aneron
  • Clan:DGS
Jagex isn't removing the 99 level cap lol. It just doesn't make sense as it would piss off almost everyone who isn't max total.

mega_vegeta6
[ Display Name History ]

mega_vegeta6

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,042 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Well, how about this. The 120 cap is made only for people who have a lot of 99's. They get to the bottom of daemonheim, get 21 more new exciting levels to grind, and BAM, they stay in runescape for another four years or so.

lordkafei
[ Display Name History ]

lordkafei

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,123 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Kafei Nation
I could easily see them doing it & implementing tiered capes.

It's like when you get your college degree. You have your base colors for your Bachelors field; but when you get your Masters or Doctorate there are more geegaws & bric-a-brac on the cape. I could see Jagex doing that with all the capes.

Not that I am advocating it - I could just see them take this approach.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

dusky
[ Display Name History ]

dusky

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • RSN:Dusky 830
This seems silly, the slowest skill in the game gets a higher cap than all the other faster skills
99 Fletching - 01/08/08
99 Theiving - 09/11/08
99 Cooking - 12/13/08
99 Runecrafting - 10/23/09
99 Strength - 05/07/10

3PointMan
[ Display Name History ]

3PointMan

Mr. Parkour

• Members
  • 1,729 posts
  • RSN:Paranoia

This seems silly, the slowest skill in the game gets a higher cap than all the other faster skills

The experience dramatically increases per level. It's supposed to be really fast around 60.

FEARLESStag.jpg
stuff.png

what i'm doing now:

soundcloud.com/student1

Sirscrap
[ Display Name History ]

Sirscrap

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 354 posts

The experience dramatically increases per level. It's supposed to be really fast around 60.

How would you kno this? No one is even 50 yet
Posted Image

Click sig for blog ^^

6,627th to 99 fletching
33,986th to 99 attack
4,871st to 99 thieving

Whip drops: 28 / Dark Bows: 7 / Hexcrests: 7 / Focus Sights: 1 / Staffs of Light: 6 / Dragon Chainbodies: 2 (1 KQ Solo 1 Dust Devil)

3PointMan
[ Display Name History ]

3PointMan

Mr. Parkour

• Members
  • 1,729 posts
  • RSN:Paranoia

How would you kno this? No one is even 50 yet

There was a constant growth equation posted on RSoF and it proved to right correct for levels 1-30, so I'd believe it was right all the way to 99.

FEARLESStag.jpg
stuff.png

what i'm doing now:

soundcloud.com/student1

Albel
[ Display Name History ]

Albel

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,189 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Albel
  • RSN2:Seaoh
  • Clan:SoDB

This is a nice first step into removing the 99 cap. I've been waiting 5 years to get my attack stats above 99 as base levels... Really hope for a removal of the cap in the next year or so...

I really can't imagine this going down particularly well within the community. Many people will be furious that they got 99 in a skill and they're no longer the best they can be in it.
It's certainley interesting.

At first I was going to be really angry about it. However, by the looks of it you will still be able to have a cape at 99, just better things to do at 99+. Just my thought on this.

35bvvh1.png

Quotes

Runescape Achievements

Mirror
[ Display Name History ]

Mirror

Use Herring -> Tree

• Members
  • 7,247 posts
  • RSN:Mirrorforced

I could easily see them doing it & implementing tiered capes.

It's like when you get your college degree. You have your base colors for your Bachelors field; but when you get your Masters or Doctorate there are more geegaws & bric-a-brac on the cape. I could see Jagex doing that with all the capes.

Not that I am advocating it - I could just see them take this approach.

I would love to have Bric-A-Brac with a degree. :P

This is a very interesting perspective to think about. It has always been rumored and guessed at, but I never thought I would see the day when a level reaches past 99 as a cap. Now the rumors may continue on whether this will or would be formulate to all skills... the plot thickens.... hmmm....
A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users