Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A new maximum level?

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

romu000
[ Display Name History ]

romu000

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 214 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:MaitreYoda
  • Clan:Hiltlooters
There is no 99 cap removal at all. But, winthin the dungeons, you'll have to make the potions/boosts (AKA being herblorist skilled) to get the other areas.
Though, since that skill (minigame) is only related to the others in the point that you use other skills for this one (and not versa), the 120 cap is an original way to trim the cape.
Oh baby light the dark side...

Tyrsbreath
[ Display Name History ]

Tyrsbreath

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 28 posts
Going on 10 years of Runescape and still no 99s, I guess if getting to the max so you can say you beat runescape is the goal it would be upsetting. For me though levels are secondary to the fun factor and friends. the levels just kind of happen. LOL 120 would would probably take me a good 30-40 years to reach if I cant do one 99 in 10 years time.

Youmu
[ Display Name History ]

Youmu

Retired Website Crew

• Members
  • 4,622 posts
It would be interesting to see a new max for each level. It's been stuck at 99 for such a long time already...

Oh, and 200M exp equals to about level 126 and a half.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Tyrsbreath
[ Display Name History ]

Tyrsbreath

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 28 posts

It would be interesting to see a new max for each level. It's been stuck at 99 for such a long time already...

Oh, and 200M exp equals to about level 126 and a half.

It all depends on the individual and their game goals. 120 or 99 really doesn't matter to me but it may be the holy grail for other. while totally POing someone who got all 99s.

@Dan3HitU
[ Display Name History ]

@Dan3HitU

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,304 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:3___Hit___U
  • RSN '07:3___Hit___U
Jagex said you will be able to set any level (as an objective in-game) to Level 120.

Mercifull
[ Display Name History ]

Mercifull

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,130 posts
  • RSN:Mercifull
  • Clan:Tip.It
A little disasapointed in the new 120 cap. I'm sure maxed people will be happy as having something new to aim for but for the regular user who doesnt get to play very often getting to the max level has gone from being something very difficult but ultimately attainable, with a bit of hard work, to something which I don't ever see happening ever. It is now not just a distant goal for me, such as 99 prayer, but something I know will be impossible for me to ever attain. There is no fun in knowing you can never "complete" a game. It can already be enough of a grind to make you go insane getting to 99, I cant imagine the RSI you'd get from click click clicking your way to 120.

My best stats are:
Attack (104) 22,669,288 exp
Defence (104) 23,055,670 exp
Strength (104) 22,387,933 exp
Hitpoints (104 21,913,991 exp

And apart from combat stats my only skills above 99 are:
Fishing (100) 14,663,490

I've only got 237,038,266 total exp in ALL SKILLS. Dividing that by 104m would give me just two skills at level 120.

I worry what will happen to skills which are already extremely expensive such as prayer and herblore if you can raise them over 99.

Depressing.

Posted Image
Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

@Dan3HitU
[ Display Name History ]

@Dan3HitU

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,304 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:3___Hit___U
  • RSN '07:3___Hit___U
The amount of XP from 93-99 is enough, never mind the XP from 99-120.

nightshade53
[ Display Name History ]

nightshade53

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,638 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

The amount of XP from 93-99 is enough, never mind the XP from 99-120.

But a lot of people have that XP already, or will be close to it. 99s are very common, but 120s wouldn't be.

Dirkmetal
[ Display Name History ]

Dirkmetal

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 454 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Prism Swords
I like how you guys think that level 120 would be uncommon. Remember when level 99 was uncommon? That was before skill capes. People didn't get 99's because there was no reason to. Once there was a reason to get 99's, you started seeing them all over the place. My point? Not many people get 104mill exp in skills because they have no reason to do so. Once they do though, you'll see the skill cape effect all over again.

Torlen
[ Display Name History ]

Torlen

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 543 posts

This is a nice first step into removing the 99 cap. I've been waiting 5 years to get my attack stats above 99 as base levels... Really hope for a removal of the cap in the next year or so...

I really can't imagine this going down particularly well within the community. Many people will be furious that they got 99 in a skill and they're no longer the best they can be in it.
It's certainley interesting.

I have 17 99's and would be ecstatic if the cap was lifted.
Posted Image

Raum
[ Display Name History ]

Raum

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • RSN:Raum
  • Clan:Sno
I still believe that skills should be unmetered, at least the non combat ones, where the more xp you get the higher your level. Why should it be restricted? If someone had 400 wc that would be impressive.

Posted Image

Low C
[ Display Name History ]

Low C

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,242 posts
  • RSN:Lowc15
  • Clan:Primacy
I think it'd be nice to add more levels. My only concern is they haven't filled the void in all of the skills for level 90+ they need to complete that before they start adding more level's to already established skills. I wouldn't mind going for 120 fishing though considering I enjoy the skill.

Low_C.png

neocrosby
[ Display Name History ]

neocrosby

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 576 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:neocrosby

I swear to God if level's 99 cap get removed I will give up with my life. 3 years to get 2 99's then all of that work was for nothing.

chill out, I started playing runescape in september of 2001, and failed to acheive a single level 99...
[combat level: 124][skill total: 1,800+][quest points: 260][Mining: ??]
Posted ImagePosted Image
AFTER 8 YEARS OF PLAYING - PERM BANNED

Go Vegan!

shawdan
[ Display Name History ]

shawdan

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • RSN:Ltj
ill be happy to see them up the maximum level its been long overdue in my opinion since so many people have now maxed it

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts
  • RSN:Obtaurian
  • Clan:Dungeonsweepers (DGS)
Upping the cap to 120 would almost certainly allow Jagex to introduce faster training methods. In fact, I do believe this is already happening.

Posted Image

To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

jjjon123
[ Display Name History ]

jjjon123

Warrior of Redwall

• Members
  • 1,170 posts
  • RSN:jjjon123
  • RSN2:Kirbybakatya
There is nothing wrong with removing the cap, the idea of having 2 skill capes keeps the feeling of achievement for getting 99 while making lvl 120 a new achievement.

It would be a good idea to introduce worlds (especially bounty/pvp worlds) that would ONLY allow folks with lower than 99 skills to enter.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

Unknown_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Unknown_Warrior

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,328 posts
  • RSN:The Warrior
Oh geesh, I just had a thought (and my ominous ones often come true).

Remember how they were planning to update Smithing?
Yeah...

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

Stats and logs

Saladin643
[ Display Name History ]

Saladin643

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • RSN:TidySlayer
Would if they alter the xp formula for the amount required to reach new levels so you only need like 50mil xp for 120?

Robert_R
[ Display Name History ]

Robert_R

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,026 posts
  • RSN '07:Robertr1
I'd probably quit if the level cap was boosted to 120. Seriously that would mean one maxed stat(at 120) would equal about 9 current max stats. I'm not saying I play this game for just 99s but I do like having some sort of feeling like I can actually achieve a 99 without having to spend my whole life for it. Been playing rs for like 6 years and I only have 130m total xp, 104m xp for one maxed stat would kill me.

Guest_mauranius_
[ Display Name History ]

Guest_mauranius_
  • Guests
I don't wanna have lvl 120.. that's evil!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users