A new maximum level?

SwreeTak

I swear to God if level's 99 cap get removed I will give up with my life. 3 years to get 2 99's then all of that work was for nothing.

Probably get to keep your capes. And that is why you don't rush to get 99's.

Hope they do. I'd like something extra for getting 100m, or 200m attack xp.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The cap will not be raised. Jagex has already stated this with a post on the RSOF.

Even if it was, would it matter? 120 will be the new 99. With exp being as fast as it is today, a 120 would be comparable to a 99 5 or more years ago.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

The cap will not be raised. Jagex has already stated this with a post on the RSOF.

Even if it was, would it matter? 120 will be the new 99. With exp being as fast as it is today, a 120 would be comparable to a 99 5 or more years ago.

This is the other benefit of raising the cap: faster training methods can be introduced.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

One other thing they could do is hand down 99 capes to the free players and make the 120s for members only.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

One other thing they could do is hand down 99 capes to the free players and make the 120s for members only.

Then FTP would be a definate demo.

Why?

Already the "tie higher" armour is first f2p (bronze - iron - mith - addy - rune), and ends with P2P (dragon)..

What makes this a demo? - It's not like capes are ment to be the "end" or something: they are just to show you achieved a high level..

Why should there be capes for 120ish stats? - Just updating the skill tables with new higher-level stuff would be fine..

Just like runescape was!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Why?

Already the "tie higher" armour is first f2p (bronze - iron - mith - addy - rune), and ends with P2P (dragon)..

What makes this a demo? - It's not like capes are ment to be the "end" or something: they are just to show you achieved a high level..

Why should there be capes for 120ish stats? - Just updating the skill tables with new higher-level stuff would be fine..

Just like runescape was!

Because it'd be like "You have achieved the maximum level available in FTP, please purchase members to level further".

Zerker_jane.png

Why?

Just like runescape was!

Because it'd be like "You have achieved the maximum level available in FTP, please purchase members to level further".

The level doesn't have to be capped at 99, F2p can still level to 120 if they'd want to. They even can get the 99 cape, just not the 120 one.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

Why?

Just like runescape was!

The level doesn't have to be capped at 99, F2p can still level to 120 if they'd want to. They even can get the 99 cape, just not the 120 one.

Oh I get you. Ok, that sounds like a good idea.

Zerker_jane.png

Why?

Just like runescape was!

Oh I get you. Ok, that sounds like a good idea.

Looking from the dungeonning skill guide, the only thing tht changes for the 120 cape is the trim, so it wouldn't make that much of a difference. It's not like if a arrow pointed at you with 120 written on it. The difference is quite subtle.

People don't look at skillcapes close enough to notice the diffence, anyway.

WarBlastoise.png

Has anyone considered, as to the problem of the massive gap between 99 and 120, that the experience between levels stop increasing exponentially(?) as it has up to 99, and simply takes the last level and does it over again? I mean, instead of having huge exp rates. Just an idea.

What.

Has anyone considered, as to the problem of the massive gap between 99 and 120, that the experience between levels stop increasing exponentially(?) as it has up to 99, and simply takes the last level and does it over again? I mean, instead of having huge exp rates. Just an idea.

I wouldn't mind that.

It would just be rather inconsistent, and a little arbitrary.

I would definitely prefer that solution over simply raising the cap though.

Naaxi.png

I'm quite happy that it requires such a large amount of experience between the two. People aren't being forced to level it, but those who do get a bit of an acknowledgement at the end, both in the level itself and the alternative skillcape. (Assuming members of-course). I've always been an advocate of having a 'maxed' skill-cape, primarily because it offers a small portion of recognition to those who set out for a goal. Those who want to achieve that would have gone for it anyway as it's such a huge goal, but it gives a little something at the end as an added bonus.

I'm quite happy that it requires such a large amount of experience between the two. People aren't being forced to level it, but those who do get a bit of an acknowledgement at the end, both in the level itself and the alternative skillcape. (Assuming members of-course). I've always been an advocate of having a 'maxed' skill-cape, primarily because it offers a small portion of recognition to those who set out for a goal. Those who want to achieve that would have gone for it anyway as it's such a huge goal, but it gives a little something at the end as an added bonus.

was expecting a maxed cape to come out when the new skill did to make everyone that maxed to work for thier cape agaian but they came out with a 120 cape.

when i heard they were not raising thhe cap to 120 i was relieved but also alot of these over 100 requirements in dungion are getting annoying ...

100 rc - im 100 rc i have the exp for it but im not cuz max for it is 99

i think 99 for cape and 120 for highscores would be fine then people that accually train every skill not just merch up 200m cook/firemake/other skills would be at the top of the highscores.

but aany skill requirements after 99 w/o faster methods of training would be pretty bad and encourage grinding.....

like 120 mining and 120 smith to make best armor =o would just inflate those up so bad cuz not many have thhose skills =o

StarViv.png

Actually, I think it makes sense that Dungeoneering has a cap of 120 and everything else has 99. Dungeoneering is a 'skill of skills', it's practically the final achievement in terms of training skills, so it makes sense that it goes a little bit a lot further. If you make other skills that are so much more of a grind have a cap at 120, Runescape has slipped much further towards the status of grindfest than it already has. I'd rather there was more content for more variety (but not faster) in terms of training methods than simply giving another ridiculously boring goal.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Actually, I think it makes sense that Dungeoneering has a cap of 120 and everything else has 99. Dungeoneering is a 'skill of skills', it's practically the final achievement in terms of training skills, so it makes sense that it goes a little bit a lot further. If you make other skills that are so much more of a grind have a cap at 120, Runescape has slipped much further towards the status of grindfest than it already has. I'd rather there was more content for more variety (but not faster) in terms of training methods than simply giving another ridiculously boring goal.

Exactly my opinion.

Also shows that for Level-120 this skill requires 104,273,167 experience. That's quite a massive amount in comparison to the 13M experience required for level 99. I do wonder if Jagex is really 'upping the ante' with this and giving a little bit more incentive to others to train higher.

Personally, I can't see myself aiming for that unless the experience rates are quite a bit higher at higher levels - that's quite some time required otherwise.

I've got the long term goal of getting 99 in every F2P skill. If I had to get 120 (with 104M XP), I'd quit before I got to level 100. The experience rates are too slow, and I actually have a life.

Tbh, if you have a long term goal of all 99 f2p skills, your last sentence is debateable.

Also, to add to the thread, the exp will scale with level, I'm sure. Past level 99 the exp you will earn per dungeon will continue to grow, so who knows...it might be very achieveable to get 300k+ exp an hour from this skill at a certain point. We don't really know at the moment. Give it time.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Also shows that for Level-120 this skill requires 104,273,167 experience. That's quite a massive amount in comparison to the 13M experience required for level 99. I do wonder if Jagex is really 'upping the ante' with this and giving a little bit more incentive to others to train higher.

Personally, I can't see myself aiming for that unless the experience rates are quite a bit higher at higher levels - that's quite some time required otherwise.

I've got the long term goal of getting 99 in every F2P skill. If I had to get 120 (with 104M XP), I'd quit before I got to level 100. The experience rates are too slow, and I actually have a life.

Tbh, if you have a long term goal of all 99 f2p skills, your last sentence is debateable.

Also, to add to the thread, the exp will scale with level, I'm sure. Past level 99 the exp you will earn per dungeon will continue to grow, so who knows...it might be very achieveable to get 300k+ exp an hour from this skill at a certain point. We don't really know at the moment. Give it time.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

/thread.

It's like something of all the skills added together, in a minigame-like-skill. The level 120 milestone is just a milestone.

I believe that 120 Dungeoneering is a sign that you actually mastered the game, from top to bottom. You're not forced to get 120, you're already a master at 99, 120 is optional.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

/thread.

It's like something of all the skills added together, in a minigame-like-skill. The level 120 milestone is just a milestone.

I believe that 120 Dungeoneering is a sign that you actually mastered the game, from top to bottom. You're not forced to get 120, you're already a master at 99, 120 is optional.

That's seems like a very plausible reason why Jagex decided to put a lvl 120 in the game. Though i'm still waiting for the day people with 200M XP in a skill finally get some recognition.

/thread.

That's seems like a very plausible reason why Jagex decided to put a lvl 120 in the game. Though i'm still waiting for the day people with 200M XP in a skill finally get some recognition.

They are so few, it would be a waste of time for Jagex to assign a team to recognize them. It's enough that they're ranked first (or on the first page) of their skill.

I think it's been put in to make maxed out players more of a rarity again it was kind of ridiculous when 500+ players were 2376. Don't really see why people care as a 99 would still be an achievement even if they raised the level cap. Just because they raise it doesn't mean you have to get to 104M xp in that skill.