A new maximum level?

SwreeTak

I don't know if anyone's noticed this before, but Jagex had this image on their main site for quite a long time. People here decided it was the Dragon Platebody's concept art, and I think it was a few months after people found it that the real Dragon Platebody was released.

The Image:

membersbenefits.jpg

Incase it doesn't show up, the link to it is here http://www.jagex.com/corporate/Parents_Guide/membership_benefits.ws

I don't know if Jagex ever confirmed what it was, but to me it doesn't really look anything like the Dragon Platebody, other than being red. I know since it's concept art, it doesn't have to, but still. To me, it has more similarities to the Primal Platebody from Dungeoneering. It has the eyes on it, the mouth in the abdomen, and spikes on it's shoulders like Primal does, and it does seem to almost be in the same colours as Primal.

Since that seems a bit off topic, the thing that made me look at this when Dungeoneering was released was the level 120 skillcape. In that picture above, there seems to be concept art of some capes in the background. On some of those capes you can see skill icons, like the Fletching and Attack icons, that stand out above the rest, so it does sort of look like they're skillcapes. But since they're different than the skillcapes in the game, it could be that they're upgrades, and they were trying out what level 120 capes for other skills would look like. The two that stand out there are Fletching and Attack, and they already have gold trims, so for an upgrade you'd need something else, since changing gold would be more of a downgrade if you compare it to Dungeoneering's cape.

The concept art there could be of anything two unrelated things, but since Primal Platebody and the first upgraded skillcape came out at the same time, then maybe I could be right. Although, I don't know if Jagex confirmed what the art was, so all this speculation could just be meaningless. Maybe they could have been considering more level 120 skills at the time.

(I typed all that except the last sentence out before I noticed what Mod Emilee said :( But still I think it makes sense anyway)

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hopeful that if Jagex did remove the lvl 99 skillcap, they'd at least take the time to plan it. They'd have to add new XP rates past lvl 99, otherwise it would take years to get 120 for an average player. I'm sure people would be upset that 99 would no longer be the maximum if the caps were raised. All the time and effort put into mastering a skill at 99 would suddenly mean less, because "True Skill Mastery" would be 120. The maximum combat level would go up as well, which I think would be nice. And having a higher cap would also create many more possibilities for new quests, items, and areas to explore! More high level content could be created with less fear of "Overpowering" a certain combat style.

I am a soldier in the U.S. Army as an AD[Active Duty] 68W[Combat Medic]

I'm currently deployed overseas and have restricted internet access, I use these forums to stay updated on RuneScape.

I'm 20, married to a loving and beautiful wife, have 3 sons; their ages are 7, 5, and 2, and an infant baby girl. :]

My wife and my oldest son also play RuneScape.

My brother is a Cavalry Scout in the U.S. Army, he too plays RuneScape.

As you can see, my family enjoys RS. Lol.

My favorite combat skill is Ranging.

My favorite skill is Fishing.

I play XBox Live, my gamertag is Moskalski.

I have multiple accounts, though I only play on one now.

Um, don't know what else to put here. :D

I'm hopeful that if Jagex did remove the lvl 99 skillcap, they'd at least take the time to plan it. They'd have to add new XP rates past lvl 99, otherwise it would take years to get 120 for an average player. I'm sure people would be upset that 99 would no longer be the maximum if the caps were raised. All the time and effort put into mastering a skill at 99 would suddenly mean less, because "True Skill Mastery" would be 120. The maximum combat level would go up as well, which I think would be nice. And having a higher cap would also create many more possibilities for new quests, items, and areas to explore! More high level content could be created with less fear of "Overpowering" a certain combat style.

They could technically, but people would rage for that exact reason. It's hard to level to lvl 99 for average players (who play on and off occasionally).

On a side note, I noticed there is a default screen set limits when u first go into a world. I once noticed all skills maxed at lvl 120 for briefly 2 seconds before they revert back to lvl 99 cap.

Similar example, when you go runite mining, when you first go into the world, the rock would appear it has ores based on the default picture, but quickly revert to the true status (well, no ores most of the time)

a happy Runescaper

sortoff off topic but say if all skills got made to 120 max level, what would the new max combat level be?

tip.it combat calc does not take numbers abouve 99 so idk.

Should be Combat-153 (F2P) and Combat-168 (P2P), melee-based of-course. That's following the RuneScape Wiki combat formula here :- Combat_Level, and assuming the formula holds for values > 99.

I'm not really that happy about the 120 max level because well, we were all used to 99 being the max and now for one skill it's 120. But will_holmes has a good point, 120 for this skill makes sense because it's pretty much all the skills added together.

I just hope that they don't rise the skill cap for the other skills, it would be a big bummer for those who finally reached 99 in a skill, to get the great news that they're not maxed anymore :S

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

as a minour side efect of skills becomeing 120 max, "true skill mastery" would give better skill capes, would the new skill capes just be trimed or be a total upgrade posibly with 12 in each defence stat. could posible start to get too strong,

same with the skills them self, curently players are allmost begging jagex to fill the 80-99 gap, but the new weapons cant be over powered. how overpowered would the weapons be that fill the 99-120 gap?

becouse twice the attack level to use a whip is 140, 120 would (more or less) could lead to a weapon as fast as a whip but nearly twice as strong, yes my logic there fails but you get the idea, unless a boss monster that has a combat level of about 1337 came along then maxed players would be undefeatable.

although if done curectly i can easly see this working for the good in the long run, but if not...

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!