Toothpaste

i_love_burritos

Hey, this is a thread to discuss toothpaste and related oral hygiene.

I've been brushing my teeth for a number of years now, and using toothpaste for even longer. Some people have weekly, fortnightly, even monthly brushing schedules. I actually brush my teeth daily. Over this time, I've come to regard myself as something of a connoisseur of toothpaste. I'm usually a Colgate 12 Hour Protect man, myself, but if I'm feeling adventurous I'll go for a generic Mint Fresh. As I had run out of Colgate, today I used the mint fresh. Naturally, it was a fluoride toothpaste, but unlike the Colgate had a distinct spearmint taste, as opposed to peppermint.

What are your preferences ? Feel free to talk about mouthwashes, floss and anything else ...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably the most random topic ever, but whatever.

I usually brush as I remember. Sometimes I'll brush twice a day for a week straight, then I'll forget for a few weeks. >__>

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

To be honest.. rarely brush.. but I like my Colgate 12hr same as you.

Other then being a little stained (from when I was a kid, not from coffee, smoking, etc) they're in good nick, so I find no reason to go OCD with it. I don't really use floss or mouthwash, but I use tooth picks often enough to compensate for not flossing...

I brush probably once every two days...I try to do it everyday, but sometimes I get lazy and don't feel like it.

Funny thing bring up this topic. I go for my bi-yearly check-up at the Dentist on Monday.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

When it's holidays/weekends, I don't brush in the morning, but I brush every night. I use Sensodyne toothpaste. Tastes good, and does the job well.

I don't floss, as I can't be [bleep]ed to be honest. Whenver dad has any I use mouth wash.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

I'm curious about frequency of brushing:number of cavities ratio. For some reason, I never had a cavity yet I brush MUCH less than my sister and mother combined.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Like you too Adrenal, I too have been brushing for a number of years, and during the course of my experience I have gathered a repertoire of knowledge. I too brush daily and for my money, you can't go wrong with 'macleans ULTIMATEWHITE' - whitening formula for a whiteness you can see. You see, it gently removes surface stains, defends against new stains and keeps teeth whiter - something that I as an adolescent value in my day to day life.

Unlike more popular brands like Colgate, I find that macleans holds a delicate balance between mintyness and freshness, while also offering the added bonus of whitening my teeth.

However, I do agree that it is important to mix it up as fixation on one toothpaste can lead to apprehension towards brushing ones' teeth which eventually leads to bad oral hygiene and hence tooth decay.

Colgate finds it's strength in floss and I very much recommend the use of Colgate Total waxed dental floss.

With its wide ribbon it can reach in places brushes can't and allows me to truly appreciate the innovations of the 21st century.

I also use periodically but I am careful to avoid the subsitition of mouthwash as an alternative to brushing. Although mouthwash kills the bacteria that causes plaque, keep in mind mouthwash can also kill good bacteria witihn the mouth.

In addition to this mouthwash is a good short term solution to bad breath but does not eliminate plaque or clean the tongue. Use with care TIF.

However, if I am in a good mood I use Listerine Freshburst, the antiseptic mouthwash.

Thank you Adrenal for your insightful post, I will await your response.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

A topic on toothpaste? You have to be [bleep]ing kidding me. I spread that [cabbage] all over my teeth every goddamn time i'm near a sink. I can even let it drip out of my mouth and clean the sink itself with this [cabbage]. Sometimes I clean my disease ridden tongue too if i'm about to suck face. I can even smear some of this stuff on the inside of my swimming goggles and they won't fog up. Back the [bleep] up, no way? That's right, I can see underwater with toothpaste protecting both my teeth and eyes, holy [bleep].

hiccup.png

I brush my teeth twice a day every day and use Arm & Hammer toothpaste :XD: Brushing any less than once a day is disgusting imo.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

This morning I walked into the bathroom to notice my toothbrush on the floor, time to get a new one.

Probably the most random topic ever, but whatever.

I usually brush as I remember. Sometimes I'll brush twice a day for a week straight, then I'll forget for a few weeks. >__>

Sounds like me.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I usually brush twice a day during school terms, once after breakfast, once after dinner. I don't floss, but I usually eat a lot of chewing gum out of habit.

I use like Colgate bluey mint stuff with the sparkly strips inside, I have no idea what it's called.

I try and remember over the Holidays, but most of the time I can only manage it like once halfway through the day because I'm never home at night. ._.

When I was a kid I had Junior Jaws toothpaste. That stuff was [bleep]ing tasty, I used to eat it half the time. D:

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

I like to mix it up. I can't really use the same tootthpaste for months on end. I need spice it up with some spearmint flavour every now and then, maybe even some triple protection if I feel fancy. Currently using some Maximum Cavity Proection while I'm at home, and Colgate 12 hour total while I'm out at work.

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

I brush twice a day, any less and my mouth feels rotten. My sister also uses toothpaste on her face to remove spots.

Huh. And does that work for your sister?

We'll sneak out while they sleep

And sail off in the night.

We'll come clean and start over the rest of our lives.

When we're gone, we'll stay gone.

Out of sight, out of mind.

It's not too late,

We have the rest of our lives.

I'm curious about frequency of brushing:number of cavities ratio. For some reason, I never had a cavity yet I brush MUCH less than my sister and mother combined.

I have less cavities or problems with my teeth/gums than the rest of my family and my fiancé's family and they're all regular brushes/flosses/mouthwash users.

I drink the most milk out of everyone tho, so that might be affecting things in my favour and canceling out my lack of brushing? *shrug*

I brush twice a day, any less and my mouth feels rotten. My sister also uses toothpaste on her face to remove spots.

Huh. And does that work for your sister?

I'm betting it doesn't. :thumbup:

Fixed. :grin:

rosssigfinal.jpg

I brush twice a day, I think it's just habit. I don't floss often though because I have metal bar things behind my teeth (not braces) and the floss can't get through. I also don't really care what toothpaste I use, mum's pretty anal about it and always checks the ingredients to make sure they're safe or something :rolleyes:

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

I brush twice a day, I prefer whitening toothpaste that's all minty just because it makes me feel good.

I've only been to the dentist once before, when I was like 9, and nothing happened. I could be missing about 44 teeth for all I know.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

[spoiler=This sounds like a toothpaste commercial]

Like you too Adrenal, I too have been brushing for a number of years, and during the course of my experience I have gathered a repertoire of knowledge. I too brush daily and for my money, you can't go wrong with 'macleans ULTIMATEWHITE' - whitening formula for a whiteness you can see. You see, it gently removes surface stains, defends against new stains and keeps teeth whiter - something that I as an adolescent value in my day to day life.Unlike more popular brands like Colgate, I find that macleans holds a delicate balance between mintyness and freshness, while also offering the added bonus of whitening my teeth.However, I do agree that it is important to mix it up as fixation on one toothpaste can lead to apprehension towards brushing ones' teeth which eventually leads to bad oral hygiene and hence tooth decay.Colgate finds it's strength in floss and I very much recommend the use of Colgate Total waxed dental floss.With its wide ribbon it can reach in places brushes can't and allows me to truly appreciate the innovations of the 21st century.I also use periodically but I am careful to avoid the subsitition of mouthwash as an alternative to brushing. Although mouthwash kills the bacteria that causes plaque, keep in mind mouthwash can also kill good bacteria witihn the mouth.In addition to this mouthwash is a good short term solution to bad breath but does not eliminate plaque or clean the tongue. Use with care TIF.However, if I am in a good mood I use Listerine Freshburst, the antiseptic mouthwash.Thank you Adrenal for your insightful post, I will await your response.

I generally brush twice a day. I have to brush at night because the aftertaste the morning after you forget tastes horrible.

I used to have some sort of mental illness in regards to brushing teeth. I did it like 7-8 times a day, at morning, at night, after (and sometimes before) meals, and I even woke up in the middle of the night once or twice a week, just so I could brush my teeth.

I got rid of that addiction about 2 years ago, and today I brush my teeth 2 times a day (sometimes 3...).

I mean....brushing teeth is crazy fun, isn't it?!