Frozen GWD door - possible future Dungeoneering update?

Peronix

We all know which door I'm talking about: that frozen door in the Godwards dungeon, which has been the focus of much speculation. Well here's some more for you: Is it possible that this door will be the entrance to another randomized dungeon?

This comes from several ideas:

1. Dungeoneering is an entire skill, thus it is inconvenience that daemonholm will be the only dungeon area they ever release. That would be ridiculous.

2. If new dungeons are released, they don't necessarily have to follow the model of daemonholm. Other dungeons could have other rules, such as allowing you to take your own gear instead of having to harvest it from the map. In order to balance this, the base difficulty level would be majorly increased, the size of the base map size would increase, and of course the resulting dungeon would be riddled with ever more fiendish traps than daemonholm. And on the flipside, drops you get you would keep. Drops would still be random, but the drop tables would obviously be much more generous since you're running an entire dungeon for one boss, not mercilessly slaughtering the boss over and over.

3. People have been clamoring for instanced bosses due to crashers, but as others have pointed out this might be a bit unbalanced for the prices of drops because an indefinite number of people can be killing the boss at any one time. Instanced bosses in dungeon format may offer more balance (and fun! let's not forget fun).

Of course, the bosses in the GWD dungeon wouldn't necessarily be Zil Kree Tsuth (sp?) and Gaardoor, but the dungeon could offer more difficult versions of these bosses. Maybe the dungeon could require 70 dungeoneering to entrer, and possibly require a killcount aswell.

Of course this is pure speculation, but I see it as a definite, exciting possibility of how the dungeoneering skill could be extended to other parts of the game.

It's completely possible, though I don't think they'd make an instance boss that'd drop items you could truly keep. Maybe that would instead drop and split into dungeoneering tokens, but not something you could exchange for coins.

By the way Dungeoneering was so carefully designed and limited, it seems like they wanted this to have as little impact on the economy in the long run as possible.

hzvjpwS.gif

Actually, I see that more as they designed daemonholm to have as little impact on the economy as possible, since it is obviously intended to be the main way to train the skill. That means that training the skill would, as promised, not be a money drain to train up.

If they had dangerous dungeons (which deposit your grave outside, or maybe even delete your items entirely as in pvp :ohnoes:) I wouldn't see it as unbalanced at all if they made keep-able drops from bosses. They would just have to balance the boss's drop tables such that the drop rate increase is less than proportional to the increase in the avarage time it takes to kill one boss over their non instanced counterparts.

Though, separate token systems for each dungeon is a good idea too.

Dungeoneering is an entire skill, thus it is inconvenience that daemonholm will be the only dungeon area they ever release. That would be ridiculous.

Some people may have noticed that every time they unlock a new boss, it says something along the lines of "You can now kill ____ in daemonhiem". To me, that seems that jagex is already planning on releasing other locations to level this skill.

cheezysigtipit.png

High-alching that REALLY expensive item in my inventory looks more and more tempting with every beer I drink.

Dungeoneering is an entire skill, thus it is inconvenience that daemonholm will be the only dungeon area they ever release. That would be ridiculous.

Some people may have noticed that every time they unlock a new boss, it says something along the lines of "You can now kill ____ in daemonhiem". To me, that seems that jagex is already planning on releasing other locations to level this skill.

Or it could be that it corresponds to the story revealed by the mysterious notes. Not to mention it would be awkward to fight an ice demon in the unfrozen part of the dungeon. The levels of the bosses correspond to the environment and floor levels presented.

Or it could be that it corresponds to the story revealed by the mysterious notes. Not to mention it would be awkward to fight an ice demon in the unfrozen part of the dungeon. The levels of the bosses correspond to the environment and floor levels presented.

I think your missing the point in my post. I'm not commenting on what level any boss is, or where you should be fighting it. It's the way that jagex worded the message you get when you reach a certain level. I'm talking about the same message you when you can do something new in a skill, like smith bronze plates for example. If jagex had no plans on releasing another area to train this skill, they wouldn't have written that you can now kill that monster in daemonhiem. Since that would be the only location, it would be obvious. They do mention the location though. So it'd clear to me that they intend to release more locations to train this skill in the future.

Other locations may not be as big, or story-rich as daemonhiem though. It could just be a simple, small quick raid that could offer you and your party some loot in a treasure chest at the end.

cheezysigtipit.png

High-alching that REALLY expensive item in my inventory looks more and more tempting with every beer I drink.

I've thought about this before, but here's what hangs me up on it: where do we go from what's already in GWD? The four biggest players in the God Wars are already there with their most trusted generals/commanders fighting for them. K'ril is reputed to be able to level entire cities without being spotted, Kree'arra is the most powerful of the Aviansie race, General Graardor and Commander Zilyana are the leaders of their respective armies. Lorewise, where can they go from here? Can you really go up from there?

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

I've thought about this before, but here's what hangs me up on it: where do we go from what's already in GWD? The four biggest players in the God Wars are already there with their most trusted generals/commanders fighting for them. K'ril is reputed to be able to level entire cities without being spotted, Kree'arra is the most powerful of the Aviansie race, General Graardor and Commander Zilyana are the leaders of their respective armies. Lorewise, where can they go from here? Can you really go up from there?

Zaros(no flaming lol). But seriously Zaros wants revenge I'd imagine, so why not him?

Zaros(no flaming lol). But seriously Zaros wants revenge I'd imagine, so why not him?

Because he disappeared before the God Wars started, so he wasn't involved in them. The dungeon is a remnant of the God Wars, in which Zaros' armies were almost completely annihilated, with only some of his followers, mostly the Mahjarrat, surviving.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for Zaros to get involved in things, but that just doesn't fit with the current lore at all.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

Because he disappeared before the God Wars started, so he wasn't involved in them. The dungeon is a remnant of the God Wars, in which Zaros' armies were almost completely annihilated, with only some of his followers, mostly the Mahjarrat, surviving.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for Zaros to get involved in things, but that just doesn't fit with the current lore at all.

But he would want revenge on Zammy, who IS involved with the God Wars, so it is plausible, but unlikely.

I think your missing the point in my post. I'm not commenting on what level any boss is, or where you should be fighting it. It's the way that jagex worded the message you get when you reach a certain level. I'm talking about the same message you when you can do something new in a skill, like smith bronze plates for example. If jagex had no plans on releasing another area to train this skill, they wouldn't have written that you can now kill that monster in daemonhiem. Since that would be the only location, it would be obvious. They do mention the location though. So it'd clear to me that they intend to release more locations to train this skill in the future.

Other locations may not be as big, or story-rich as daemonhiem though. It could just be a simple, small quick raid that could offer you and your party some loot in a treasure chest at the end.

It is worded like that because you can ONLY fight them once you reach a certain floor in the dungeon, which requires a certain Dungeoneering level. It says you can now fight the geomancer, for example, only because you are in the unfrozen part of the dungeon at that Dungeoneering level. That is also why when you are level 40 say, and you do floor 1 again, you don't fight the geomancer, you fight the frost lady.

It is worded like that because you can ONLY fight them once you reach a certain floor in the dungeon, which requires a certain Dungeoneering level. It says you can now fight the geomancer, for example, only because you are in the unfrozen part of the dungeon at that Dungeoneering level. That is also why when you are level 40 say, and you do floor 1 again, you don't fight the geomancer, you fight the frost lady.

Yes, but its telling you that you can kill then in daemonheim, not where in daemonheim you can kill them. If they didn't plan on released other areas to train this kill, I'm sure it'd say "You can now kill ___ on _ floor", without mentioning daemonheim.

cheezysigtipit.png

Lorewise, they could break up the area behind the door into 4 camps , for each of the sides, that you get to chose from. Then, instead of running through the kill count to get the the boss, you now go into the "underground, fortifided, carved out of ice, "true" stronghold of the side. After getting the through the dungeon with the peons normally fought to get kill count, you then face the boss, enhanced or not, with a more generous drop table. Whether you have to make do with stuff in the dungeon, or if you get to bring in armor would be up to jagex.

Basically, going through the dungen would be the equivilent of getting kill count, then you would fight the boss at the end.

As far as the lore thing goes, there are already many things that don't make sense about GWD. For one, the fact that the bosses respawn. You'd expect that when you kill someone, they STAY dead. Also, the entire battle was over finding the Godsword, a single weapon capable of slaying a God. And yet, there are obviously MANY Godswords on the plane of RuneScape. Which by the way is one reason it is entirely plausible that we get the staff of Armadyl in a future sequel to WGS.

I'm sure they could make something up lorewise for a dungeoneer extension of GWD.

As far as the lore thing goes, there are already many things that don't make sense about GWD. For one, the fact that the bosses respawn. You'd expect that when you kill someone, they STAY dead. Also, the entire battle was over finding the Godsword, a single weapon capable of slaying a God. And yet, there are obviously MANY Godswords on the plane of RuneScape. Which by the way is one reason it is entirely plausible that we get the staff of Armadyl in a future sequel to WGS.

I'm sure they could make something up lorewise for a dungeoneer extension of GWD.

Yeh but I believe that THE Godsword is not the same as the ones that we use currently. I mean if I can own one of each godsword, that means there is more than one. They were fighting over a single godsword which I'd imagine to be way more powerful.