New RuneScape Main Page

Carl

Ugh. Hate hate hate it. I liked the old one better. I could find things EASIER. Now they have the information bar that was on the left now on the right, and it looks kinda weird if ya ask me .. Why can't Jagex stick to ONE homepage? <_<

Nani mo dekinai

Chanto dekinai

Sore ga dou shita?

Bokura wa wakai'n da

Nanimo dekinai

Sugu ni dekinai

Dakara bokura ni kanou sei ga aru'n da

~AKB48

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only gripe is that it's too horizontally thin, and I'm only using monitors with a standard aspect ratio, I can imagine there's a lot of wasted space for those using widescreen aspect ratios. Other than that, it's not as different as people are making it out to be. Yes, the scroll down bar is now at the top, and the news and features/articles columns have been swapped around, but that's it.

Oh, and check out this page, there's a ranger as well: http://www.runescape.com/splash.ws

~ W ~

sigzi.png

And here's the de-flawing piece of information this thread needs:

Jagex has changed things in their games lately, and in a manner that has sabotaged more than just one stable config I have access to. But, even worse, it has sabotaged a large chunk of the RuneScape Community, of which I am only one person in a huge pile of utterly angry users who have been more-or-less left behind by the major change to the game code. Making a game unplayable in this manner, when Mod MMG said that their game would be back-compatible with at least Java 1.4.x (Earlier, actually... :arrow: http://www.youtube.c...73DE7iv0&fmt=18 ... Start listening from 9:10 [m:s] in to hear it...) series, is worse than bad business. Even worse bad business when you consider that some of these ancient systems need to run the game in HD mode and utilize the hardware acceleration they have, or they will crash so hard that I could attach a tv show reference to describe the crash... And heck, I happen to have one of those anomaly configurations here, which I happen to use! :angry:

~Mr. D. V. "PCs don't fit a single line of ideas... Proper compatible software design is the only solution." Devnull

He said it would be playable, not that it would be able to run anything over minimum specs if the pc is super old. :P

(Safe mode)

You're not the only one that doesn't like it. And I'm upset due to technical reasons. Most people don't have tons of money they can spend on upgrading stuff left and right. Further, people don't like being flipped the "go upgrade" birdie... :angry:

~Mr. D. V. "I'm angry with you, not at you..." Devnull

If you can't upgrade your computer then common sense will tell you that you won't be able to keep up with the latest games, not to mention ALL MMOs have their system requirements go up every few years.

I was able to build my own computer to play the latest games on maximum settings, for $600. Building a computer to play runescape would cost a pittance in comparison.

If we stifled innovation and progress every time someone was left out, whether it be by choice or not, then we would still be on dial-up because not everywhere has broadband/dsl/cable, playing our text-based games because "not everyone has a super compooter" and eating garbage because "not everyone has enough money for fresh fruits and vegetables."

It's like when the US announced it would be joining much of the rest of the world by switching to digital broadcast instead of analog, and thousands of people went nuts because they had to spend ten bucks (The boxes are 50, but everyone got a $40 voucher) on a converter box. What a bunch of crybabies.

Although I don't build my own system, you could get a decent set up from 600 dollars plus (assuming you know where to look and hardware spec). I personally would spend at least 1k on gaming computer since I know it will last longer for a while. For the most part, I use my gaming spec laptop (3 yr old though) to play RS HD all the time (not full screen mode since I am F2P). The only gripe I have is that when some odd graphic intensive ad running in the background, my RS smoothness dropped significantly).

Frankly speaking, I know a lot of players play RS for it's lower than standard hardware spec and there is nothing wrong with that. It's like it depend if you want to buy a nice car or cheap car, if you can financially afford the expensive one (to maintain it too) then by all means go for it. But after all, if something will get you to go from point A to B with no break down and moderate gas mileage, that works well too.

a happy Runescaper

No one got the point of my angry posts before... how sad... -.-

I'm going to make this short and simple, so you can all understand it... :huh:

It is not just me having these issues... This has become a mass epidemic, and is affecting enough people that it is potentially damaging to Jagex's public rating... Further, not everyone has the ability to just run out and buy/download upgrades, either because they are too young, live in an economy that stinks, or simply can't buy/download it for some other reason (parents included)... Unless Jagex restores more compatibility, it will only get worse, and it may even result in Jagex's downfall... :(

The simple truth is, and I've learned this the hard way from study, that a corporation MUST maintain extreme compatibility, or they will tend to ultimately die... :shame:

~Mr. D. V. "Word-of-mouth can both bring a rise, and a falling end. I'd prefer the 2nd didn't happen to Jagex." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

No one got the point of my angry posts before... how sad... -.-

I'm going to make this short and simple, so you can all understand it... :huh:

It is not just me having these issues... This has become a mass epidemic, and is affecting enough people that it is potentially damaging to Jagex's public rating... Further, not everyone has the ability to just run out and buy/download upgrades, either because they are too young, live in an economy that stinks, or simply can't buy/download it for some other reason (parents included)... Unless Jagex restores more compatibility, it will only get worse, and it may even result in Jagex's downfall... :(

The simple truth is, and I've learned this the hard way from study, that a corporation MUST maintain extreme compatibility, or they will tend to ultimately die... :shame:

~Mr. D. V. "Word-of-mouth can both bring a rise, and a falling end. I'd prefer the 2nd didn't happen to Jagex." Devnull

Quoting yourself in all of your posts. Classy. <_<

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

The point he is trying to make, which is a valid one, is that a lot of people play this game because they can't keep up with the specs of other games, havent been able to for a long time, and they know it. You guys are totally underestimating how many people out there are playing Runescape because they simply cannot play anything else. I'm totally an example of this, and doubt my exprience is at all unique. Just because you think very little of a couple hundred dollars for a new computer, for a lot of people, that couple hundred dollars is going hungry, losing their home, putting gas in their car, etc, I can play RS for a month for less money than I can spend an hour at the theater watching a movie.

Rs is a cheap way to spend your entertainment dollar. Given the fact that you don't even have to own a computer and/or an internet conection (library, work, computer cafe, neighbors open wireless conection, etc) to play the game. They are leaving people behind with these updates. Should the people they are leaving behind NOT complain/ try to get some remedy?

If your computer can't run Runescape on minimum settings then well.. I'll let Avril Lavigne take this one "HEY HEY I THINK YOU NEED A NEW ONE"

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer