Due to the significant updates that have taken place, you now need to login with your display name or e-mail address, NOT your login name. ×
Due to posts that are 5+ years old being rebuilt, some of the older BBCodes may not have converted properly but still be in the post. Most posts are unaffected but some using what was our custom BBCode (like [spoiler]) will be a bit broken. ×
Sign in to follow this  
Romy

Hamas executes 2 for Israeli collaboration

I find it extremely stupid that Jews can justify any sort of claim to the land of Palestine and yet they don't even follow the religion of the state. It just goes to show their hypocrisy and blatant contradictions. See, if you go to the Vatican, all rules of the New Testament are expected to be upheld because it is a sectarian nation which follows the laws of their holy book. Israel is a nation which claims Jews should have a homeland and yet so some aren't even followers of Judaism. The claim of their land is "validated" further by their lack of a homeland and supposed descent from the original Israel. Seeing as how it has been thousands or years, majority of Jews aren't from the Middle East (Majority being from Eastern Europe/Germanic nations) how do they even know they weren't converted?

The state of Israel was, along with other things, a solution to the Jew problem, mainly throughout Europe and Russia. The situation at the time was unbearable, and a home was had to be found ASAP, for holocaust survivors and the Jews of Russia. Again, most of the Jewish nation is secular, forcing Biblic rules would mean dictatorship. May I also remind you that according to the Torah, if Israel wants to go to war, it should first ask it's enemy if it's willing to surrender, and if the enemy says 'no', Israel has God's permission to go to war. Hmmm.... I wonder what the discussion on this thread would be like if Israel welcomed the rules of the Bible with open arms...

If you see it as a contradiction, fine, but you should know that if Israel was formed the way you suggest, it wouldn't be a democracy.

And it's not worse you'd fight your enemies. It's worse that you'd kill people defined as "non-evil" because that would mean they have the chance to be corrected and it is not out of their own bad intent to commit wrong.

Not with the intent to commit what THEY think is wrong. It makes perfect sense that even if your enemy isn't evil, you'd fight him. It's your enemy after all. Germany of WWII wasn't evil, it was brainwashed, does that mean the rest of Europe shouldn't have defended itself and fought the Germans? As for the chance to correct it... may I ask how? What do you expect Israel to do in order to "correct" that?

The reason I said the Gazans are not evil, is because they're not evil, not because they're not dangerous to Israel, or because they don't hate Israel (they even act on that hatred...)

With all seriousness, your arguments are starting to come out as "let's see what she has to say about that" rather than out of logic.

It's much easier to defend the argument of blockading, starving and restricting Gazan children who are defined as an "evil" people because they would warrant their elimination.

I think the mere fact Gaza attacked Israel is enough to "defend" that argument. There's no other choice. Period.

If they are not evil and just not good for Israel then it is just out of greed one would harm innocent defenseless people.

Of greed? Greed to spending rediculous amounts of money on security? Or did you mean greed to kill people? Because if you did, that's demonizing, degrading, senseless, baseless, and on top of all, clearly wrong.

Israel only attacked Gaza because it had no other choice, not because Israel is some sort of evil state with severe problems of bloodlust.

And as I said God is suppose to represent justice and not killing innocent because of bad people/enemies is something that agrees with the general consensus of international law and yet Israel breaks that and their own holy book's example.

What are you talking about? The Bible clearly encourages war. It even presents 2 sets of laws to war, one for war God tells his people to fight, and one for war the people just want to fight.

Basically, one of the guidelines to war, as I said up this post, is that Israel should first ask it's enemy if it's willing to surrender, and if not, go to war. God of the Torah clearly encourages fighting your enemies.

I have no idea where you got that from, the rules and guidelines of the Bible, if placed in today's society, would be preposterous, misfitting, a religious coercion, even evil.

i cant help but laugh at the IRONY romy, that you surely claim a lot of defense for Israel (a "homeland" purely based off a religion which is made up of a few loosely-based facts at best and shrouded with political agendas and myths of 2000+ yrs ago) and then go ahead and post ur signature which is designed to be a mockery of religion.

i cant help but laugh at the IRONY romy, that you surely claim a lot of defense for Israel (a "homeland" purely based off a religion which is made up of a few loosely-based facts at best and shrouded with political agendas and myths of 2000+ yrs ago) and then go ahead and post ur signature which is designed to be a mockery of religion.

I'm an atheist Jew. I'm a Jew because my mother is Jewish, and because I wholeheartly feel I am a part of the Jewish people, and an atheist because I think religion was made up by humans.