Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Style Thread

• Please log in to reply
1938 replies to this topic

Myweponsg00d
[ Display Name History ]

Myweponsg00d

The Pittsburgh Pirate

• Members
  • 2,741 posts
Basically if you just buy everything that Banana Republic has for sale, youll be looking classy in no time.
Posted Image
Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Scorcheddd
[ Display Name History ]

Scorcheddd

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 107 posts
Guys, you have no idea how much help this is! Really, it truly is.

I'm leaning more towards the boat shoes though, I want them to wear with the Khaki's. They're not too dressy but still a step above gym shoes. I figure I've got my converse for the Jeans, Those for the Khaki's, and some dress shoes for the dress pants.

Lenticular_J
[ Display Name History ]

Lenticular_J

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,284 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Oh yes, it's perfect to have boat shoes. I'm not huge on them, but I have slip-on shoes that are pretty much the same general thing, just no laces. They're great with light, happy clothes, especially if you get a pair in a color that says "Hey [bleep]er look at me!"

I'm debating with myself whether or not to wear undershirts under my dress shirts. When it gets warmer I'll have to for hygiene's sake, but the next couple weeks are the only spring I really get, and my undershirts are rather sad and ill-fitting, and somehow find a way to come untucked just on the side in the middle of the day.
MATT DAMON AND MONEY.
catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Scorcheddd
[ Display Name History ]

Scorcheddd

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 107 posts
I love my uncle. He just gave me a bunch of button up shirts, plaid, all sorts of different styles. The only reason he gave them to me was because he got more new ones that he wanted and needed closet space. These are some nice as hell shirts too, $40 shirts, all sorts of colors.

I've just gotta work on getting money for a shopping trip sometime soon. My to do list is:
- Blazer
- Slip on Boat esque shoes, something of the sort.
- New Pair of dark Jeans

Orpheus
[ Display Name History ]

Orpheus

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,783 posts

Basically if you just buy everything that Banana Republic has for sale, youll be looking classy in no time.

If you're a rich bastard, sure. Some of us aren't quite as well off though.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Lenticular_J
[ Display Name History ]

Lenticular_J

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,284 posts
I want to get one of Banana Republic's v-neck sweaters. They're like 15 bucks and ridiculously soft. The rest of their clothes are pretty nice, but very overpriced, even when they're on sale it seems.

I should really subscribe to those store services that tell me when there's a sale ...
MATT DAMON AND MONEY.

Omar
[ Display Name History ]

Omar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,722 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
Banana republic has no muchness. On top of that, I'm not quite sure what to think of a brand that markets these as Oxfords.
[Edit] If you have french cuffs your shirts, make sure your cuff links aren't too obvious. As a rule of thumb, if you notice the cuff links on someone's sleeve, they're bad. Avoid ridiculous ones likes airplanes, boots, etc. Keep it as simple as possible.
[Edit] Don't wear boat shoes with a blazer. It'll clash.
Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can
Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?
Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?
Camera guy: still laughing
Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy
Camera guy: runs away still laughing
Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down
Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!
Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Adam007
[ Display Name History ]

Adam007

Accomplished Vuvuzelist

• Members
  • 6,176 posts
Lenticular, I have to say, it's nice having another style-minded guy around here. I'm impressed with your knowledge especially given your age, not even having been through college yet.

I feel like most of what I wanted to say has been said already. My biggest general points are to wear clothing that fits. Go as slim as you can without it hugging your skin. If you're thin, roll your sleeves up. Learn how to roll your dress sleeves up correctly. Wear straight cut jeans - boot cut is out. It's spring/summer now: if you're going to wear shorts, wear flat front and not cargos. Don't wear white socks. Match your belt with your shoes. Never wear more than two of these three colors together: black, blue, and brown. And don't be afraid to push/develop your style. You'll make mistakes, but you'll learn from them. I look at some stuff I used to wear/try to pull off and laugh about it, but if you don't develop your personal style you won't grow. Make it your own and have fun with it, it will pay off.

Faux
[ Display Name History ]

Faux

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,805 posts
this thread is lolsy. i don't understand how "classy" equates to wearing suits.

too much of

Posted Image

IHasChicken
[ Display Name History ]

IHasChicken

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 568 posts
  • RSN:IHasChicken
  • RSN2:IHazChicken
Two words. Parachute Pants :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Posted Image

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

Omar
[ Display Name History ]

Omar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,722 posts

Requesting enlightenment.
Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can
Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?
Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?
Camera guy: still laughing
Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy
Camera guy: runs away still laughing
Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down
Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!
Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Perakp
[ Display Name History ]

Perakp

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 719 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Perakp
  • Clan:TSG

Never wear more than two of these three colors together: black, blue, and brown.

I just realized what a horrible person I am.
(Blue jeans, black t-shirt & a brown zipper hoodie)

Skull
[ Display Name History ]

Skull

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,790 posts

Never wear more than two of these three colors together: black, blue, and brown.

I just realized what a horrible person I am.
(Blue jeans, black t-shirt & a brown zipper hoodie)

I'm guilty of that on occasion.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Lenticular_J
[ Display Name History ]

Lenticular_J

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,284 posts

too much of

[img]http://threemonthstime.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/neil-patrick-harris.jpg[/ig]

Suits are classic, high-quality menswear. Or do you have better opinions than, you know most people?
MATT DAMON AND MONEY.

SeanyTheSailor
[ Display Name History ]

SeanyTheSailor

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 395 posts
  • RSN:SeanytheBear
Well if i ever actually get a date I'll know where to come for dressing advice.

But out of curiosity how the hell do you guys (particularly Lent) know so much about suits?
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

God dammit Seany, STOP SHARING MY MIND

" I believe in something greater than myself. A better world. A world without sin. I'm not going to live there. There's no place for me there... I'm a monster.What I do is evil. I have no illusions about it, but it must be done."

Lenticular_J
[ Display Name History ]

Lenticular_J

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,284 posts
I learn about what I like. If I'm interested in something, I'll soak up information like a [bleep]. Occasionally I'll do research. Gotta find the opinions of people you respect, make sure they're conflicting, and find a place somewhere in the middle to make your stand.

Works on a lot of things.

Btws: Start dressing better, and girls will start giving you more attention. People in general will give you more respect. It's a good thing.
MATT DAMON AND MONEY.

SeanyTheSailor
[ Display Name History ]

SeanyTheSailor

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 395 posts
  • RSN:SeanytheBear

I learn about what I like. If I'm interested in something, I'll soak up information like a [bleep]. Occasionally I'll do research. Gotta find the opinions of people you respect, make sure they're conflicting, and find a place somewhere in the middle to make your stand.

Btws: Start dressing better, and girls will start giving you more attention. People in general will give you more respect. It's a good thing.

Meh maybe I'll give it a go. I've got accustomed to, and possibly enjoy being single. I'm just trying to get through high school with tolerable grades. I have more of a "If they don't like the way I look they can suck it" attitude rather than the "I hope I look good today" thing. Also my personality isn't conducive to having a girlfriend. It's my opinion that if there isn't really anything to say, then don't say anything. And in my experience girls like when you talk to them and assume the worst when you don't.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

God dammit Seany, STOP SHARING MY MIND

" I believe in something greater than myself. A better world. A world without sin. I'm not going to live there. There's no place for me there... I'm a monster.What I do is evil. I have no illusions about it, but it must be done."

Myweponsg00d
[ Display Name History ]

Myweponsg00d

The Pittsburgh Pirate

• Members
  • 2,741 posts

I want to get one of Banana Republic's v-neck sweaters. They're like 15 bucks and ridiculously soft. The rest of their clothes are pretty nice, but very overpriced, even when they're on sale it seems.

I should really subscribe to those store services that tell me when there's a sale ...

I really don't think they are overpriced at all. Sure, you might think that "Oh this shirt looks identical to this other shirt I saw at _____"

But BR makes their clothes with quality fabric, the details of the cut always fit better, and the clothes look nice for a long time. Many stores will sell you clothes that are one of two fabrics: cotton or polyester (or a blend). Most of BR's clothing is made of some type of wool, silk, cashmere, etc...which gives the clothing a much more authentic feel (not like the plastic clothing you get at a place like Old Navy)

I mean, I guess if you are used to shopping at Wal Mart for your clothes, or common places that you see in every mall, or department stores, then BR might seem a little pricey. But the quality is just much better.
Posted Image
Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Scorcheddd
[ Display Name History ]

Scorcheddd

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 107 posts

I think there might be a limit though. At my school, I'm pushing that line hard just by wearing flat front khakis, a belt, and a not tucked in button up. I did get a lot of attention though, but at the same time people were just like why the hell are you wearing that? Haha, my answer was simply that I like wearing it.

What do you guys think of sweater vests? Yes or no?

Amaranth_GTO
[ Display Name History ]

Amaranth_GTO

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 927 posts
  • RSN:Amaranth GTO

I think there might be a limit though. At my school, I'm pushing that line hard just by wearing flat front khakis, a belt, and a not tucked in button up. I did get a lot of attention though, but at the same time people were just like why the hell are you wearing that? Haha, my answer was simply that I like wearing it.

What do you guys think of sweater vests? Yes or no?

I'm not a sweater vest fan. I've tried it before and I can't really make it work. Go to a store that sells them, try on one or two, and see if you like the look.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users