The Style Thread

Scorcheddd

If you're looking to go a little less 'street,' I would check out Gilt. They have upscale labels that are heavily reduced. That site is a little more my style than Jackthreads.

I thought of that, but I'd never checked the site out so I didn't bother.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still waiting to be accepted to Gilt. I applied at the beginning of last week. Hopefully it ends up well, I heard it's one of the most vicious online shopping experiences there are.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I'm still waiting to be accepted to Gilt. I applied at the beginning of last week. Hopefully it ends up well, I heard it's one of the most vicious online shopping experiences there are.

8. Shopping online can be a time- suck. Know where the deals are.

Start by signing up for GiltMan.com. GQ creative director Jim Moorea man who's scored a Rag & Bone golf jacket for $142 (originally $495) and a Vince down vest for $56 (originally $165) explains how to master the site.

1. "Each weekday at noon, GiltMan.com rolls out brand-new merchandise from labels like Rag & Bone, Alexander Olch, and Unis. The catch? Everything you put in your shopping cart only stays there for ten minutes. Meaning noon to 12:10 p.m. on GiltMan.com has become the dirtiest, most low-down free-for-all the Internet has seen since Ticketmaster."

2. "Sign up for the daily e-mails, not the weekly ones. They arrive at 11:57 a.m. and will give clues to what's becoming available."

3. "Right at noon, log in and spend five minutes quickly scrolling through the new stock. If there's anything that stands outanything you'd even consider buyingadd it to your cart before it disappears."

4. "Now it's 12:05, and you've got a shopping cart full of maybes. Spend the last five minutes deciding which items, if any, you absolutely have to have. Then pull the trigger before time runs out."

9. Online or off, know what you're shopping for in advance.

That way, you only spend money on what you actually need.

Read More http://www.gq.com/style/wear-it-now/201004/gq-guide-style-secrets-cheap-budget#slide=10#ixzz0mmeIOAuv

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

That's weird, I would try again with a different e-mail address. It shouldn't take that long. And use my invite link if you can. :)

I've gotten a few things. A Converse by John Varvatos shoe for $25 originally $150 and a Puma shoe for $38 originally $80. What's important to remember though is these brands can set any original price they want, so try not to focus too much on the imagined percent off and really just look at what you're actually paying.

Haha, after I read your post I checked it and had gotten in. Good God man, this is a good place. I'm particularly interested in a few things. I'm gonna need to keep an eye out for tonight's sale, since it happens at 8 pm for me. I'm glad it's almost summer, I'll be able to pay more attention (sometimes). 11 am on weekdays is a tough time. I've already found some stuff I'm seriously considering purchasing, namely a pair of leather and canvas sneakers. They look really cool, and they're 30 dollars (cheap for shoes in general, but orig. price is $150).

Haha, after I read your post I checked it and had gotten in. Good God man, this is a good place. I'm particularly interested in a few things. I'm gonna need to keep an eye out for tonight's sale, since it happens at 8 pm for me. I'm glad it's almost summer, I'll be able to pay more attention (sometimes). 11 am on weekdays is a tough time. I've already found some stuff I'm seriously considering purchasing, namely a pair of leather and canvas sneakers. They look really cool, and they're 30 dollars (cheap for shoes in general, but orig. price is $150).

I signed up for it 20 minutes ago, just got the email. Maybe your email is broken hah. Some really nice stuff here... But at the same time a lot of this looks really really gay :/

gucci everything with a limited edition pair of wu-tang clan nike dunks

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

Oh, I don't think I've told you guys about Blank Label, they make [bleep]ing fantastic custom shirts, I think if you make it as expensive as you can it's still under 80 dollars - they start at $45 I think. Build your own shirt, and ask them to fix certain details - like, I wear a size 14 1/2 shirt, but I need 35 inch sleeves. I would use them for any particularly badass shirts you want, unless money is no object. I personally would rather buy a plain white, blue, or pink shirt for 20 bucks and take it to the tailor to make it look like a million. Your favorite shirts - those are special things indeed.

None of Giltman's clothing is gay.

And not all of Jakcthread's clothing is street, so don't rule it out completely.

[hide=On sale today]

Burnout_Mocha_A_MG_8193.jpg (49.99$ 58% off 120.00$)

PTS006.jpg (49.99$ 50% off 100.00$)

Dark_Waters_A_2_MG_8135.jpg (99.99$, 50% off 200$)

Associate_Gold_Brown_A_MG_8185.jpg 54$, 51% off

[/hide]

I loved those watches. If I had more money, I would get one for my good friend who wears tons of leather bands and stuff around his wrists. May as well class it up into a watch, eh?

Who sells good unstructured jackets? Mostly cottons and linens or blends of the two.

You can get good sunglasses without spending fifty dollars. I have hands down the coolest pair of Wayfarers I've ever seen or worn and they cost two pounds.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

For real shoes, dress shoes, don't buy online unless you've tried on the exact pair in-store. You get what you pay for with dress shoes, as a good pair will last longer than you if you take care of them properly.

But good reputations and reviews are a start. Dress shoes should generally be leather or, sometimes, suede. I prefer rubber soles, but on patent leather shoes a true leather sole looks better. There are lots of ways.

Oh, and I applied to Men's Wearhouse in my town. I have an interview ... Soon.

For real shoes, dress shoes, don't buy online unless you've tried on the exact pair in-store. You get what you pay for with dress shoes, as a good pair will last longer than you if you take care of them properly.

But good reputations and reviews are a start. Dress shoes should generally be leather or, sometimes, suede. I prefer rubber soles, but on patent leather shoes a true leather sole looks better. There are lots of ways.

Oh, and I applied to Men's Wearhouse in my town. I have an interview ... Soon.

Tbh Men's warehouse is terrible... Try applying to a smaller local place or something. I definitely prefer the service I get at those places compared to Men's warehouse... The guy that was helping us when I was checking out a suit there was a complete [wagon]... There are also good chances that you could get a nicer suit cheaper at a small store.

We don't have local places. There are four stores in the entire town that have any degree of respectability. And if I plan on working there, I don't care if the suits are cheaper ... ? I know where to get nicer suits for cheaper anyways. I just need a job, and that would be a good one.

We don't have local places. There are four stores in the entire town that have any degree of respectability. And if I plan on working there, I don't care if the suits are cheaper ... ? I know where to get nicer suits for cheaper anyways. I just need a job, and that would be a good one.

True, I live in Cincinnati so there are a lot of options around here, and I forgot about your connections in other places for suits hah.

Incidentally, Gilt's having their big clearing-out sale tomorrow that goes live at 12pm eastern time.

Son of a [bleep], school. Ah well, I'm not looking for anything in particular. I'm sure there'll be plenty left when I'm home.