Scorcheddd

The Style Thread

I used a messenger bag in my freshman year of high school. With all the textbooks I carried, I'm pretty sure it made my hip quite tender to the point at which it bugs me even today.

I want an old school two-pocket Jansport backpack. Those things were the [cabbage]. Now, all the backpacks have like, 20 pockets and all this weird netting.

I'm in love with this backpack: http://shop.herschelsupply.com/shop/pop-quiz-233.html

Hershel's a good brand too, my brother has one of their bags and if I was sill had use for a more tradition backpack I'd highly consider one of packs. The only downside to their recent popularity is the price of their products has increased some.

tFtfA.jpg

Messenger bags are awesome. icon_thumbsu.gif

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

OT: Go for that bag. It looks pimp'n. I really enjoy carrying a messenger bag as long as I don't put too much stuff in it.

Edited by Ouchy
Removed quote of rule breaking post

For that price, it's worth trying anyway. And if it's really good everyone ITT can get one.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Those are ugly, and horribly expensive.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

The soles are too thick to be honest. Crepe soles are nicer, and in hindsight, I probably should of got dbs with a crepe sole.

Quilted varsity jackets. Yay or nay?

lampost_sig_stark.png

Those are ugly, and horribly expensive.

Clothes are not a commodity, especially not shoes. Maybe they won't seem so expensive after a few years of wearing them. What don't you like about them?

The sole's thick, but I don't want to be walking around snow with desert boots again. It'll wear down, too.

Also, I wouldn't say no to a quilted varsity jacket, but I probably wouldn't say yes to an ASOS one.

yeah. I found these real legit vintage ones somewhere on the web, and I can't seem to find them again. I'm annoyed at my dbs. The inner lining tore from the heel last night, and now everytime I pull my foot out a get heaps of fabric.

lampost_sig_stark.png

Clothes are not a commodity, especially not shoes.

Repeat it ten times.

^ Clothes are not a commodity. Fashionable ones most certainly are.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

No, not right now. It's just not the case. The philosophy that is driving the biggest menswear forums and blogs right now is anti-consumerist:

I tell people that if they buy a good pair of shoes a year' date=' they'll have an enviable shoe wardrobe for the rest of their life. Similarly, start with two or three suits, a blazer and a sport coat, and add one suit and one sport coat a year and you'll have a beautiful wardrobe in no time. That's not how people's consumption tends to go, though. If they're rich, they want to buy a whole wardrobe now, and replace it in two years. If they're not, they think the situation is hopeless.

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/mens-fashion/men-dressing-well-every-age-080311#ixzz1UJMxC2af

[/quote']

And to boot, many of these blogs use the expression "style blog" as opposed to "fashion blog" for a reason. It's about dressing well, not dressing for now.

Also worth reading on the subject:

http://putthison.com/post/8219367353/on-gay-talese-limited-budgets

And one last one, from which I derived that line about commodities:

http://putthison.com/post/8226853066/a-point-of-clarification

[Edit] Aaaand if you're not sick of being answered with videos already, jump to 9:00.

http://putthison.com/post/8053052900/put-this-on-episode-7-personal-style-episode

There is one thing that can happen, and which might seem like a waste of money. This is called being dressed by the internet. Not long ago, many bloggers were pushing (and are still pushing) a workwear aesthetic. They pushed it so much, in fact, that people got sick of it, so the ones who were decked out in 200$ chambray shirts didn't know what to do with them. Now everyone loves anglo-italian style, and I imagine those who can afford to get into it but are just beginning to get into menswear (I fit only in the latter, and that seems to be for the best) will probably also get sick of them, whereas those blogging about it will probably keep wearing their pants the same way.

Went clothes shopping today, got tons of [cabbage] in preparation for leaving. A couple of dress shirts and casual shirts, a blazer, a leather belt, 3 pairs of slim-fit chinos, desert boots and dress shoes. I'm pretty happy with it all.icon_thumbsu.gif

Went clothes shopping today, got tons of [cabbage] in preparation for leaving. A couple of dress shirts and casual shirts, a blazer, a leather belt, 3 pairs of slim-fit chinos, desert boots and dress shoes. I'm pretty happy with it all.icon_thumbsu.gif

I know that feel. Sudden burst of confidence eh. :shades:

qs2X.png

"Only by going too far can one find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot

Bought my first pair of jeans in like 5 years. All the jeans I've previously worn were whatever Pacsun had for sale so it's been really [cabbage]ty quality. Welp I ended up buying some Levi's 514's and hot damn, I had no idea denim could be so comfortable :D

Also managed to get some of the most comfortable t-shirts I've ever worn from J. Crew for like $9 apiece. Student discounts compounded with shopping at outlets ftw!

wl7w9j.png

Bought my first pair of jeans in like 5 years. All the jeans I've previously worn were whatever Pacsun had for sale so it's been really [cabbage]ty quality. Welp I ended up buying some Levi's 514's and hot damn, I had no idea denim could be so comfortable :D

Also managed to get some of the most comfortable t-shirts I've ever worn from J. Crew for like $9 apiece. Student discounts compounded with shopping at outlets ftw!

I used to own like every wash Levis made of their 514s, great pair of jeans. :thumbup:

tFtfA.jpg

vans-ca-era-59-2-610x327.jpg

Bought these today. I find them to be quite stylish.

I am growing fonder and fonder of Converse.

IMG_0011.JPG

I've been wearing my beaten up converse all weekend, for longboarding, chilling etc.

These are them:

SKiQb.jpg

lampost_sig_stark.png

Nice. You should learn to tie your laces right though. Were they blue in the beginning?

Yeah. To be honest, I don't really mind how my converses are tied, but no matter what, there is always too much left over lace.

lampost_sig_stark.png

vans-ca-era-59-2-610x327.jpg

Bought these today. I find them to be quite stylish.

Nice. Im looking at buying a pair of Vans sometime soon.

Popoto.~<3

Hold up. My friend showed me a website to buy skate shoes for really cheap, so assuming the shipping charges aren't ridiculous, you might save a lot of dough (I bought mine for around 60$ and could have had them for 20-30$). I'll ask him for a link.

this for me? Aussie prices on shoes are like games, cheap over in US but stupidly priced here. I'll prob buy a pair of new Skates too later as mine Ive had for 4-5 years now (some how they havent died)

Popoto.~<3